Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

@OneBoot Thanks for making me want something I couldn't have! ::P:

Then again that happens on a daily basis here. It's just usually a mini rather than food... usually...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I am (im)patiently waiting for my new airbrushes. I know I'm still at least a couple weeks away. Badger's last update was that all of the airbrushes ordered through the promo were at some stage of production or another, with only 25% of them being in final testing. They're estimating another 3 weeks before everything will have been shipped. I'm hoping that mine come sooner rather than later, because in 4 weeks I'll be heading out of town for a week and won't be able to check my mail for them...

Tomorrow I get some airbrush paint delivered. I'm kind of anxious about it, because I ordered it when the forecast was warmer than it has been. We got a cold snap yesterday and today, and the paint is shipping from Illinois to begin with, so I'm afraid that it may have frozen. I really hope not. I need it so I can spend hours practicing on paper before I even think of doing anything other than priming a mini.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Unruly said:

I am (im)patiently waiting for my new airbrushes. I know I'm still at least a couple weeks away. Badger's last update was that all of the airbrushes ordered through the promo were at some stage of production or another, with only 25% of them being in final testing. They're estimating another 3 weeks before everything will have been shipped. I'm hoping that mine come sooner rather than later, because in 4 weeks I'll be heading out of town for a week and won't be able to check my mail for them...

Tomorrow I get some airbrush paint delivered. I'm kind of anxious about it, because I ordered it when the forecast was warmer than it has been. We got a cold snap yesterday and today, and the paint is shipping from Illinois to begin with, so I'm afraid that it may have frozen. I really hope not. I need it so I can spend hours practicing on paper before I even think of doing anything other than priming a mini.

Best of luck with your paints!! If it helps soothe your worries, I had an order of MSP paint that passed through Chicago on its way to Toronto and sat in a mailbox over the weekend during a cold snap. When I retrieved them, the bottles were very chilly, but not frozen! Hopefully your paint will be as resilient as mine! :)

• Like 4

Today: Had a piece centered not-really-sci-fi-like-at-all around time travel picked up, and also moved another D&D poem. This time "Cockatrice," which also is a poem about the Aussie. Hurray, dog poems.

Just in terms of sheer volume of titles moved, this is by far and away my best week ever.

#blessed #thankful #othercelebratoryhashtagsthatareuselessherebecausethisisnottwitter

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

just found this....

for those wondering, on Easter Sunday, NBC will televise a live performance of Jesus Christ Superstar....

With Alice Cooper reprising his role as king Herod....

• Like 4

I miss the days of The Nanny and Maxwell Sheffield's fictional battles with Andrew Lloyd Webber.

• Like 1

Many errands run and dinner had at a "new" restaurant.

Cracker Barrel opened their first California Location in Victorville on Monday.

Wife had the Chicken Fried Steak and I had a bone in Ham Steak [Bacon's close relative].

Everything up to Cracker Barrel standards from our experience all over the country.

the place is running at about 120% of capacity and usually you would expect a brand new restaurant to be experiencing "break in problems" as the crew comes up to speed.  They have a whole crew of Corporate Trainers in and everything is running like a Swiss Watch.

And Best of all, They have Bonomo's Turkish Taffy, even my favorite Chocolate which is usually out of stock.

In Jr. High School I used to buy a bar for a nickel.  The same bar is now a dollar.  But at least it's available.::):

GEM

As soon as I post this I'm taking a bar out of the freezer and smacking it on the kitchen counter.  Little pieces of taffy goodness.  Not Nirvana but close.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

I gleefully ordered 2 brushes.. have never airbrushed in my life and have no idea what to get to complete a setup or even where I can setup an airbrush area...

But I'm anxiously awaiting my brushes too!! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, knarthex said:

We have our own daily parades in Washington, DC....

Not so fancy as in London, or other nations in Europe, (I have been to the Changing of the Guard at Tre Kronor Castle in Stockholm) maybe....

But guarding those things that make Americans what we really are, and stand for....

Image result for tomb of the unknown soldier

as opposed to a bunch of outdated royals.....

ps...

The guys who do this, wear the 2nd rarest badge in the US military:

The Guard, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Identification Badge is a military badge of the United States Army which honors those soldiers who have been chosen to serve as members of the Honor Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It is the second-least awarded badge in the US Military, after the Astronaut Badge. As of January 2018, 656 soldiers have been awarded this badge.

Bit of noteworthy trivia with respect to the Soldiers who Stand Guard At The Tomb of the Unknowns.

Upon being posted to this detail every person swears an Oath to Not Drink Alcohol for the remainder of their lives, as a mark of respect to those whose remains and memories they guard.

GEM

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Pingo said:

Aw, poot. We all missed 666, Page of the Beast.

Reference post #7 on the above page.

Some of us were there to push the thread.

Which is why this response is to a posting on page #667

GEM

• Like 3

*** YYYAAAWWWWNNN***

*** Smeck***

*** FRIDAY! Oh...Still have to work***

***Grumble***

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You know what?

I'm taking the afternoon off!

Elf this...

Next week will be a calm week at work since half of the population will celebrate Carnaval and when that's over I suspect 25% to call in sick..

I will be going home at lunchtime today.

• Like 7

I find that I am increasingly at odds with professional critics. I'm loving Altered Carbon, but it seems that critics are lukewarm to it at best. Granted, I'm only 2 and a half episodes in, but it feels like everything I could have wanted in a TV series about this book.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Olympia and Seattle hog all the attention - a lot of people never even realize that there is a big ol' chunk of desert in Washington State.

The Auld Grump - they hog both the attention and the rain....

Hey, it's not our fault the cascades get in the way! Anyway, Eastern Washington smells like cows :wacko: especially ellensburg...

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Pingo said:

Aw, poot. We all missed 666, Page of the Beast.

No, no. I posted something to mark the page.

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

You know what?

I'm taking the afternoon off!

Elf this...

Next week will be a calm week at work since half of the population will celebrate Carnaval and when that's over I suspect 25% to call in sick..

I will be going home at lunchtime today.

Good call!!

• Like 5