Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

21 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Too much srs discussion this early in the morning. I vote we have a deep, thoughtful discourse on the beauties of a perfectly made sandwich. To me this means a hearty homenade meatball sandwich with two sturdy yet flaky slices of homemade bread. Top with parmesan and a touch of parsley, mmm. 

Perfect sandwich: discuss. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Found this in my previously attached images:

IMG_0832.JPG.f69ad5147a872573b6a64db94592a5a4.JPG

...I wish I could remember what this one was. I bet it was good though. I think that red onion got grilled or steamed or something before being included. 

...other perfect sandwiches include the Turkey Dressing and Cranberry, The Giant Potroast Slider, and the TGP style BLT. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning all!

Apparently the government shut down again? But only for like, 6 hours? **eta: And only for 6 weeks?!? For real? Ugh... **  Let's fire them all and start over. 

Another phone interview this afternoon. Yay, I guess. Already bored of the whole "job search" thing. 

Blessed is the coffee, black, bitter, and strong. Blessed is the hot water that runs through the holy grounds and into my cup. Blessed is the cup that delivers the caffeine to my unworthy body, and allows it to function, to think, to be...

Amen

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 10

8 years ago today, Baltimore got hit with a heck of a snowstorm (around 20") 2 days before that, they were also hit by a 20"+ snowstorm... It was a LOT of snow. 

This is from the first snowstorm:

s640x480

And then this is from the second!

s640x480

Saruman wonders what you think about another 20+ inches?

s640x480

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Found this in my previously attached images:

...I wish I could remember what this one was. I bet it was good though. I think that red onion got grilled or steamed or something before being included. 

...other perfect sandwiches include the Turkey Dressing and Cranberry, The Giant Potroast Slider, and the TGP style BLT. 

Perfect sandwich should not be an entire meal, I think.

So for me it's just a soft fried egg on white bread with plenty of salt and pepper.

Guaranteed to require a change of shirt afterwards.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Morning all!

Apparently the government shut down again? But only for like, 6 hours? **eta: And only for 6 weeks?!? For real? Ugh... **  Let's fire them all and start over. 

Agreed!

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Morning all!

Blessed is the coffee, black, bitter, and strong. Blessed is the hot water that runs through the holy grounds and into my cup. Blessed is the cup that delivers the caffeine to my unworthy body, and allows it to function, to think, to be...

Amen

DEATH TO THE FALSE COFFEE GROUNDS!!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Unruly said:

I find that I am increasingly at odds with professional critics. I'm loving Altered Carbon, but it seems that critics are lukewarm to it at best. Granted, I'm only 2 and a half episodes in, but it feels like everything I could have wanted in a TV series about this book.

I knew a long time ago that I didn't agree with movie and tv critics. Some of my favourite things got bad reviews and for years I watched the Oscars (no cable or internet = watch whatever's on) and generally didn't like any of the big winners. Sounds like it's time to check out Altered Carbon. I trust the people here's opinion more than most for things like that.

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Hey, it's not our fault the cascades get in the way! Anyway, Eastern Washington smells like cows :wacko: especially ellensburg...

One neighbour that was a big rancher said that his wife complained about the smell. He told her that was the smell of money. My wife complains every time we go past a small feedlot on our way to the city and I told her that. She said it doesn't count when it's not your cows and money. :lol: 

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

Tried cataloguing all my unpainted minis this afternoon, so I stop forgetting about all the stuff I've got.

I was doing okay listing all my Kingdom Death ones, then I hit a box of random steampunk, unknown cowboys and miscellaneous dwarves, and promptly lost the will to go on.

I'm going to have to find another way to motivate me into mining my backlog, rather than forever chase shiny new things.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Now this is what I call determination, lol...

Kid trapped inside claw machine....

1 minute ago, aku-chan said:

Tried cataloguing all my unpainted minis this afternoon, so I stop forgetting about all the stuff I've got.

I was doing okay listing all my Kingdom Death ones, then I hit a box of random steampunk, unknown cowboys and miscellaneous dwarves, and promptly lost the will to go on.

You could post 'em on here for help with the IDs...

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Hey, it's not our fault the cascades get in the way! Anyway, Eastern Washington smells like cows :wacko: especially ellensburg...

That's just what Steaks and Dairy Products, such as butter and cheese, smell like before they are processed.

GEM

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Now this is what I call determination, lol...

Kid trapped inside claw machine....

I had no idea that was even possible. The trap door doesn't look that big. There's one of those in a big Walmart we go to once in awhile and twice now my youngest boy went over and tried playing it and won a toy. The only reason I even mention it is that both times he never put any money in. Somebody else must have dropped the money and gave up because that machine is set to play until you win not pay every time you try to grab.

• Like 4

Morning all,

Happy Friday! It is a good day indeed. I truly hope and pray everyone has a great weekend. So much happening right now it's wonderful. 

Signed up for the painting exchange and the box-of-goodwill (thanks @Chaoswolf). 2018 is looking good. Now I just need to get back to my desk to paint. Been playing Subnautica A LOT! 

[removed animated image] 

Edited by OneBoot
Removed animated image
  • Like 5