Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

17 minutes ago, Unruly said:

I give you a warning - be prepared for full frontal nudity from both genders. There's more naked ladies than naked men, but you still see the old twig and berries a couple times.

I am reminded of College Kid’s review of the “American Gods” miniseries:

PROS: Truly spectacular sound design, masterful acting and cinematography

CONS: whole lotta d*cks

(She is blunter in speech than I am :/ I have mildly redacted her post.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I am reminded of College Kid’s review of the “American Gods” miniseries:

As one who does not suffer from Anatidaephobia, "Whole lotta ducks" is not a con, but I could see how it might be for others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 minute ago, Froggy the Great said:

As one who does not suffer from Anatidaephobia, "Whole lotta ducks" is not a con, but I could see how it might be for others.

More importantly though, are they in a row?  Single file? Square dancing? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Here is something I typed today:

Reveal hidden contents

The grey tabby cat took its rest in the shadows, lying on the sill of a window, plushed against an ancient carved wood screen which overlooked a narrow Cairo street, digesting a generous meal, paws curled comfortably under its chest, listening with half-closed eyes to the curious conversation that was taking place in the darkest shadows in the street.

“So, you can move unseen, right?” said a husky voice in native Cairene patois. “Now, take that feeling and hold it in your hands like it’s a person.”

“What, like feeding?” said a light voice with a Persian accent.

“No, not ... not like that,” the first voice said. “You need to think about it like a cloak, like you’re going to slip on a role. I want you to think about an ordinary-looking man, beard, turban, a striped jalabiyyah, someone no one would look at twice.”

“I, uh, think I have it,” said the second voice uncertainly. No other sound came from where the voices were, not a creak nor a shuffle nor a breath of shifting fabric.

“Now, hold it in your hands and slip it over your head like a garment. *Feel* it come over you,” said the first voice.

“Uh, eurgh,” said the second voice. “It’s ... sticky. Like spiderwebs?”

“You’ll get used to it. I’m here in case anything goes wrong,” said the first voice. “That’s right, just like that.”

“It feels peculiar. What does it look like?” said the light Persian voice.

There was utter silence in the street for a moment. In the distance men and donkeys shouted. Somewhere squeaking music played.

“You look ... Well, you don’t look like you,” said the first voice. It sounded like it was stifling a laugh.

“Is that good?” the second voice said.

“If anyone takes a good hard look at you they won’t be able to identify you later,” said the first voice. “That’s a big improvement over your current situation. We can ... refine it later.”

“So, what do I do with this?” the second voice asked.

“You take my hand and we walk out into the city and you discover just how very different the world treats you when you don’t look like a woman,” said the first voice.

“I thought I already knew that,” said the second voice.

“You have no idea,” said the first voice.

The silence extended. There was a sense of no one there.

The cat yawned luxuriantly, then slipped off the sill and padded into the night.

This is better and more interesting than the last two books I put in my Kindle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

More importantly though, are they in a row?  Single file? Square dancing? 

They're hanging around the park telling young folks to duck off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

I don't really see it as a con either, because I'm not disturbed by nudity. Heck, some ladies(and other men) may see it as a plus because one of the men who gives a full frontal is James Purefoy, who I understand has quite a few ladies(and other men) that find him very attractive. Personally, I think he's got the kind of face that exudes smugness to such a degree that it just begs for a fist to disrupt it. But maybe that's also because my two biggest exposures to him have been as Marc Antony in Rome and as Laurens Bancroft in Altered Carbon. Both of whom tend to be deserving of a good punching or twelve.

• Like 4

Really though, very rarely does a duck NOT display full nudity.  They tend to bite you if you try to clothe them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

I've been to Wholelottaducks-Con.

Best all-duck convention west of the Rockies.

• Like 4

Kinda disappointing that Netflix apparently deciding they need to be HBO, honestly. I've seen a lot of genitals in my time, but I guess I'm pretty okay with their not appearing in my passing entertainment under the guise of teh artz.

• Like 2

So we're playing Sellswords & Spellslingers again tonight.  The scenario is "All The Kobolds II: Electric Boogaloo", the sequel to last week's "Koboldmaggeddon", wherein we lost 5 of 13 PCs and killed 66 of [arbitrarily large schload] Kobolds.

So of course we need an Electric Boogaloo monster to be leading the Kobolds.  I'm thinking either Dark Young or a martian Tripod.

• Like 8

Just now, Marvin said:

What if it just turned out to be a guy named Gary tho?

...then we might actually survive the encounter.

S&S is a cooperative GM-less game, so anything I dish out I gotta eat too.

• Like 6

Can we tone it down with the fowl language around here? 

Phone interview went well. We'll see if I get called back for an in person interview...

Coffee...

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Can we tone it down with the fowl language around here? 

Phone interview went well. We'll see if I get called back for an in person interview...

Coffee...

You realize that this is just egging us on?

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Yeah, no problems with the store for me. Except that whole lack of $$ thing... 

Feeling that myself these days. Grain company hasn't paid me for everything in 2016 and none of 2017 and I had a lower than expected cheque for the calves. On the plus side I just got paid for a leasing deal so I'm only chest deep in short term debt instead of eyebrow deep like I was a week ago. Need to throw a little money into the Bones 4 bag while I wait for the rest of the people that owe me money to pay up. Hopefully by May I'll have a plus amount in my account.

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Any labor should be rewarded, life ain't free.

If only I had that motto when I was in my early 20s. So much work given at first freely and later grudgingly to people that didn't deserve it. After I was finally fed up and quit doing it I still had those same people trying to tell me I "owed them". Basic economics, you never owe anyone that you are doing work for.

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

I give you a warning - be prepared for full frontal nudity from both genders. There's more naked ladies than naked men, but you still see the old twig and berries a couple times.

Nudity doesn't bother me much although I have been exposed to things I'd rather not have seen at times. Thinking of Dennis Franz in NYPD Blue. :wacko: shudders. It does get old after awhile when you always have to have it as a catch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1