Jump to content

Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, eldamir said:

I gleefully ordered 2 brushes.. have never airbrushed in my life and have no idea what to get to complete a setup or even where I can setup an airbrush area...

But I'm anxiously awaiting my brushes too!! 

There's a lot of good info available in the painting tips and tricks threads...

Feel free to join the hangouts for more information. ...

44 minutes ago, Unruly said:

 

I don't really see it as a con either, because I'm not disturbed by nudity. Heck, some ladies(and other men) may see it as a plus because one of the men who gives a full frontal is James Purefoy, who I understand has quite a few ladies(and other men) that find him very attractive. Personally, I think he's got the kind of face that exudes smugness to such a degree that it just begs for a fist to disrupt it. But maybe that's also because my two biggest exposures to him have been as Marc Antony in Rome and as Laurens Bancroft in Altered Carbon. Both of whom tend to be deserving of a good punching or twelve.

He's also Solomon Kane, and was in John carter of mars...

(Both of which I enjoyed immensely)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

 

You realize that this is just egging us on?

What? No... I'd never expect a bunch of quacks like you to take it as a challenge.

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things I miss: writing on a chalkboard. Bench seats in a pickup truck. Cafeteria lines. Sunset over a decommissioned water tower. Static on the TV.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, knarthex said:
16 hours ago, eldamir said:

I gleefully ordered 2 brushes.. have never airbrushed in my life and have no idea what to get to complete a setup or even where I can setup an airbrush area...

But I'm anxiously awaiting my brushes too!! 

There's a lot of good info available in the painting tips and tricks threads...

Feel free to join the hangouts for more information. ...

I have read a couple of them - the biggest problem I have right now is an area - both the garage and the basement are much too cold in the winter to support airbrushing .. the rest is just time and money :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Froggy the Great said:

Really though, very rarely does a duck NOT display full nudity.  They tend to bite you if you try to clothe them.

Which made me think of a certain Disney Character - Which immediately reminded me of:

 

Won't embed but the link works.

GEM

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disney used to have some amazingly solid cartoons. Gargoyles, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck... TaleSpin!!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Detroit is getting a little snow. 8 inches or so thus far, another 3ish on the way.

 

I might have to use the 4-wheel drive on my truck to get down my street.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NYC got a little snow this afternoon... and by a little, I mean some heavy flurries. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Disney used to have some amazingly solid cartoons. Gargoyles, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck... TaleSpin!!

The legacy of being trained by the animation staff assembled by Walt Disney himself.

Those were the people who would make drawings all day and attend art classes every evening at and paid for by the studio in order to advance the craft and art of animation.

GEM

The creme de la creme being Disney's "9 Old Men"

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The interview *did* go well, they're gonna bring me in for an in person interview next week! 

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Things I miss: writing on a chalkboard. Bench seats in a pickup truck. Cafeteria lines. Sunset over a decommissioned water tower. Static on the TV.

 

3EFACE38-6EF0-4A8D-9E89-29C40F7945A7.thumb.jpeg.d5a56731375d68fd32e2d702c80bba70.jpeg

 

^ Bottom left...

 

(...& shot from the driver’s seat of my pickup, which has a bench seat.)

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TGP said:

 

3EFACE38-6EF0-4A8D-9E89-29C40F7945A7.thumb.jpeg.d5a56731375d68fd32e2d702c80bba70.jpeg

 

^ Bottom left...

 

(...& shot from the driver’s seat of my pickup, which has a bench seat.)

Pretty...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That lovely moment when you see that your good lady wife is on the forums, so you send her a PM that you are on the way home....

 

And get a reply to look to your left. ::P:

 

Ooh! Me so perceptive, me! :lol:

 

The Auld Grump - pretty sure that was a Perception fumbled roll.

  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×