Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

5 minutes ago, TGP said:

3EFACE38-6EF0-4A8D-9E89-29C40F7945A7.thumb.jpeg.d5a56731375d68fd32e2d702c80bba70.jpeg

^ Bottom left...

(...& shot from the driver’s seat of my pickup, which has a bench seat.)

Pretty...

• Like 6

That lovely moment when you see that your good lady wife is on the forums, so you send her a PM that you are on the way home....

And get a reply to look to your left. ::P:

Ooh! Me so perceptive, me! :lol:

The Auld Grump - pretty sure that was a Perception fumbled roll.

• Haha 12

Whelp, finished up the work on my normally scheduled day off. Did take most of Tuesday off, so didn't work too much extra (unpaid OT; but I am in a nice hotel and have meals paid for so...). Look forward to tomorrow afternoon and evening home with the family, then another flight on Sunday.

I think I need to put firefighter on my list of jobs I've done. Keep extinguishing my manager's hair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, eldamir said:

I have read a couple of them - the biggest problem I have right now is an area - both the garage and the basement are much too cold in the winter to support airbrushing .. the rest is just time and money :)

a couple of good ones...

gonna bump that one to see if there is interest....

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

I also miss Duck Tales.

New duck tales and new animaniacs cartoon are out. ^.^

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Seer of the Pitt said:

Came across this yesterday...

I L'ed OL.

Woo-oo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Things I miss: writing on a chalkboard. Bench seats in a pickup truck. Cafeteria lines. Sunset over a decommissioned water tower. Static on the TV.

That sounds like the start to a poem. :) 

I've been doing research on what a script supervisor does, since I'm starting to actually get a little more serious about this whole film thing, and holy cow they do like 20 jobs all at the same time! :blink: Truly mind-boggling.

Seems I've got the right sort of brain for it, though; likes taking notes and organizing things and keeping track of ALL THE DETAILS. Should be fun, especially since the next film I'm helping with is the local production company's active attempt to step up the complexity and professionalism of their works. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, Unruly said:

I don't really see it as a con either, because I'm not disturbed by nudity. Heck, some ladies(and other men) may see it as a plus because one of the men who gives a full frontal is James Purefoy, who I understand has quite a few ladies(and other men) that find him very attractive. Personally, I think he's got the kind of face that exudes smugness to such a degree that it just begs for a fist to disrupt it. But maybe that's also because my two biggest exposures to him have been as Marc Antony in Rome and as Laurens Bancroft in Altered Carbon. Both of whom tend to be deserving of a good punching or twelve.

Knarthex beat me to mentioning Solomon Kane, which he is definitely good in. He's also in George and the Dragon, which is ... silliness. And rather good, but.. silliness. You've been warned.

I think there was another one, but I can't remember what it was called. Ah, well. Another excuse to trawl the archives...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Marvin said:

Kinda disappointing that Netflix apparently deciding they need to be HBO, honestly. I've seen a lot of genitals in my time, but I guess I'm pretty okay with their not appearing in my passing entertainment under the guise of teh artz.

Netflix isn't trying to just be HBO. While they have their adult-oriented programming they also have everything else, too. They're trying to be a major source of entertainment, and it's working. Or at least it seems to be. They're dumping a lot of money into buying the rights to different books and comics to make shows and movies about, and they've got something like 80 Netflix original movies slated for this year.

Also, to be fair, it would be very hard to adapt Altered Carbon, or any of the other Takeshi Kovacs novels, without there being a lot of sex and nudity. A major plot point of Altered Carbon revolves around whorehouses, brothels, and the depravity that some of their clients get up to. And, in true hardboiled cyberpunk detective fashion, Takeshi bangs about half the female cast. Because that's kind of how the genre does. It's like the male sci-fi geek version of a Harlequin Romance novel.

Of course, it also could be because maybe America is finally losing some of its long-held puritanical hangups about nudity and the human body. I doubt that one, since the 70's had a lot more nudity in movies and even the 80's got away with a lot compared to the 90's and beyond, but who knows. It'd be nice of that were the case, though.

• Like 6

Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho ho, your "They just couldn't have made this film without the penises flopping about what's wrong with you America you prude" tricks won't work on me, boy.

Jabba_the_Hutt_in_Return_of_the_Jedi_(19

• Haha 8

Watching a repeat of the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.

It's the usual artsy visual showcase of dance and music, with a touch of PBS special, and the athlete parade mixed in between. During the athletes parade, the choice of music was odd. Part K-pop, part video game music, part classical music.

I liked how some of the scenes had floating lights with no discernible source (others had clearly visible ones), and it didn't look like lasers. It looked as if there was an invisible dome over the floor where the lights were emanating from.

I LOLed at seeing Tonga's famous shirtless oiled up flag bearer again (temperature was at the freezing point) as it seems he took up cross-country skiing to be part of the winter Olympics. The female co-host commenting the ceremonies did not seem to mind his presence.

• Like 7

So, my tax refunds were supposed to be showing up on the 19th...

But I checked my bank balance today to see if my unemployment had come in yet, and there they were in my account...  ::D::bday:::D:

At the Citadel today, I found out some guy left a big collection of old metal there on consignment, and I spent about an hour looking through it. Going back tomorrow to see about the prices on a few things.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Cranky Dog said:

Watching a repeat of the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.

It's the usual artsy visual showcase of dance and music, with a touch of PBS special, and the athlete parade mixed in between. During the athletes parade, the choice of music was odd. Part K-pop, part video game music, part classical music.

I liked how some of the scenes had floating lights with no discernible source (others had clearly visible ones), and it didn't look like lasers. It looked as if there was an invisible dome over the floor where the lights were emanating from.

I LOLed at seeing Tonga's famous shirtless oiled up flag bearer again (temperature was at the freezing point) as it seems he took up cross-country skiing to be part of the winter Olympics. The female co-host commenting the ceremonies did not seem to mind his presence.

Sounds like "Eddie The Eagle" for a new generation.

Only without the dramatic "Will He Crash?" question hanging over every run.

GEM

1 minute ago, Mad Jack said:

So, my tax refunds were supposed to be showing up on the 19th...

But I checked my bank balance today to see if my unemployment had come in yet, and there they were in my account...  ::D::bday:::D:

At the Citadel today, I found out some guy left a big collection of old metal there on consignment, and I spent about an hour looking through it. Going back tomorrow to see about the prices on a few things.

Good Hunting and Good Luck.

GEM

• Like 2