Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

8 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Pics will be expected, of course. ::P:

Those won't come for probably a couple of weeks, since we game weekly but are taking next Friday off because that's RadCon! :bday: She may drop them off before then, we'll see. 

That reminds me, I still have some work to do to update my Rey cosplay to the current movie version. At least I won't have to fuss with trying to get my thick, layered hair to stay in those silly triple buns this year! :wacko:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

So my father-in-law has been very ill, and my wife has been skipping work and ruining her life trying to do everything for everyone in her family, and they're not appreciative and are lying to her and aren't helping her, are basically just broccoliting all over her; and I'm a horrible human being, I know this, but there's a part of me just sitting here after all I've gone through with her like 

fqtfk.jpg?a421704

Recognize and appreciate the people in your life who treat you right, boys and girls!

Edited by Marvin
  • Like 7

Officially we some 9 inches of snow yesterday, but I know I shoveled more like 11 or 12. Some drifting in between the two sessions, no doubt. More today and tomorrow. Ah, February in Michigan, how I loath you. Why do I live here again? Oh, yeah, this is where my wife wants to live. ::P:

• Like 6

I miss snow so much.

But it's still raining. That's pretty nice too.

And doing workout the shoveling is okay.

• Like 2

So nice to be back home. Snow's falling rather hard here. Supposed to do so all day.

Then, in 21 hours, I get to fly out to Arizona, for almost a week. If I'm lucky. I'm guessing that I'll be changing some flight plans at the last minute, but that's the business.

• Like 5

We had so much snow some of our players couldn’t get their cars out and so today’s game is cancelled.

Welp, guess it’s back to sewing the greatcoat for Hades ...

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

This look about right? If so, I literally just now learned how removed cousinhood and stuff works.

64DE300A-B8F6-4EAB-9103-2FC2425F1D5F.png

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Spent the whole morning making tiny fighter models. 

Details? What kind and for what? 

30 minutes ago, Marvin said:

This look about right? If so, I literally just now learned how removed cousinhood and stuff works.

I think we've been doing this wrong for many years. Once I get past second cousin I just call them a distant relative so it's not a big deal. I always remember a Hagar the Horrible comic where Helga mentions her "second cousin twice removed" and Hagar replies, "but never far enough".

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

10 minutes ago, Zink said:

Details? What kind and for what? 

full thrust. I didn't order enough fighters last month and I don't feel like ordering from england for about two pounds worth of models. So I sculpted some fighters of my own and I'm going to try printing them out.

aircraft.png

• Like 13

47 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Not being funny but either;

a) Does someone owe you money?

or

b) are you working out your relationship to Ms Marlke and the chance of an invitation to Windsor later this year?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

23 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Rain, rain.... I guess you're better than snow and ice...

Yes, it is.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

full thrust. I didn't order enough fighters last month and I don't feel like ordering from england for about two pounds worth of models. So I sculpted some fighters of my own and I'm going to try printing them out.

aircraft.png

Those look good. I've played a bit of Full Thrust with paper tokens but still dream about having several squadrons of ships of different styles. Fantasy and ancients have sucked up all my money for a lot of years so no spaceships. Think of making my own at times but my handful of attempts weren't that great. If I ever get a 3d printer I've seen a lot of nice models that I could print myself.

26 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Not being funny but either;

a) Does someone owe you money?

or

b) are you working out your relationship to Ms Marlke and the chance of an invitation to Windsor later this year?

In my experience the last people that will pay you back what they owe you are relatives. Maybe that's just mine. The good ones don't borrow and I guess technically the bad ones don't either because borrowing implies repayment some day.

• Like 7