Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

23 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Rain, rain.... I guess you're better than snow and ice...

Yes, it is.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

full thrust. I didn't order enough fighters last month and I don't feel like ordering from england for about two pounds worth of models. So I sculpted some fighters of my own and I'm going to try printing them out.

aircraft.png

Those look good. I've played a bit of Full Thrust with paper tokens but still dream about having several squadrons of ships of different styles. Fantasy and ancients have sucked up all my money for a lot of years so no spaceships. Think of making my own at times but my handful of attempts weren't that great. If I ever get a 3d printer I've seen a lot of nice models that I could print myself.

26 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Not being funny but either;

a) Does someone owe you money?

or

b) are you working out your relationship to Ms Marlke and the chance of an invitation to Windsor later this year?

In my experience the last people that will pay you back what they owe you are relatives. Maybe that's just mine. The good ones don't borrow and I guess technically the bad ones don't either because borrowing implies repayment some day.

• Like 7

All these years I’ve been calling someone Great Great Aunt and I should have been calling her Great Grand Aunt?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pingo said:

All these years I’ve been calling someone Great Great Aunt and I should have been calling her Great Grand Aunt?

We call 1st cousins once removed (ie cousins of parents) 2nd cousins. I honestly have no idea what is technically correct.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I iz painting on Lost World and Children of the Grave Project!

Now to make dinner, continue after that.

Youngest Vixen is already out for 4 days of Carnaval.

Oldest will be home for dinner since you has to work tonight.

Oh.. I'm making Tacos

We had tacos last night, having them again today because I still after 8 years have not figured out how to cook for just 2 people.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

This look about right? If so, I literally just now learned how removed cousinhood and stuff works.

64DE300A-B8F6-4EAB-9103-2FC2425F1D5F.png

Growing up they were either just cousins or Aunts and Uncles. In some cases we called them Aunt or Uncle but they were really just cousins or not even related at all.

Afternoon, everyone! Hope y'all are doing well.

Things here are going okay today, less brain weasels. We haven't done anything today but still need to run to Target to get some things like toilet paper. I painted yesterday and finished my first mini of the month. I'm slacking if I'm going to reach my goal for the year. Though with all the Shadows of Brimstone stuff we have and what is coming I should be okay if I get them all done. 

I've been trying to figure out logistics of selling my painted minis and it may have to wait a while. <_< But in the meantime I can start getting things together and paint then store them until I'm ready to get started. 

• Like 8

Aaaaaaand another short-short story finds a home. Everyone probably should rub my head for good luck before it's all gone.

Also cranked out another new story working loosely off a poetry prompt today. This is, I think, 11 days in a row. Though one day I actually did write a poem.

I'm really digging for them at this point, it feels like. Might need to take a break.

Might start my ama-type thread today. Gimme something different to do.

• Like 10

Now that the contest is over I can show off my eye beast I entered. I know someone here wanted me to share, it may have been @Green Eyed Monster? Anyway, here it is. 

Spoiler

5a7f776b70f45_eyebeastedit.thumb.jpg.2919cbe1cbb240d3724c1d18e8ea2c78.jpg

ETA: I did not win.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

That fellow needs to brush those teeth, or he's going to need an orthodontist!

And yes, very cool eye :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Very nice!!

Cooking for 2 is hard... I usually cook for way more than 2, even though I'm often cooking for 1, and then just eat that for the whole rest of the week. Sometimes into the next... 

Thinking about painting tonight. Crazy... all the cleaning after cooking is done, so... 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

Now that the contest is over I can show off my eye beast I entered. I know someone here wanted me to share, it may have been @Green Eyed Monster? Anyway, here it is. 

Hide contents

5a7f776b70f45_eyebeastedit.thumb.jpg.2919cbe1cbb240d3724c1d18e8ea2c78.jpg

ETA: I did not win.

Thank You for posting this as soon as you were able.

Fantastic is the best way I can describe this.

I would certainly not want to meet this beastie in a dank dungeon corridor.

Especially with Those Eyes, 'cause I can't figure out exactly where the main eyes are actually looking.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Thank You for posting this as soon as you were able.

Fantastic is the best way I can describe this.

I would certainly not want to meet this beastie in a dank dungeon corridor.

Especially with Those Eyes, 'cause I can't figure out exactly where the main eyes are actually looking.

GEM

At you... It's looking at you... 

• Like 7

I didn't exactly paint tonight, but did get magnets into the bases for my DDS2 adventuring party :)

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Crowley said:

At you... It's looking at you... 

Yeahbut, is it looking at me, or the cleric right behind me?

Or something coming silently down the hall behind us and gradually inching closer?

GEM

• Like 3
  • Haha 4