Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

All these years I’ve been calling someone Great Great Aunt and I should have been calling her Great Grand Aunt?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pingo said:

All these years I’ve been calling someone Great Great Aunt and I should have been calling her Great Grand Aunt?

We call 1st cousins once removed (ie cousins of parents) 2nd cousins. I honestly have no idea what is technically correct.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I iz painting on Lost World and Children of the Grave Project!

Now to make dinner, continue after that.

Youngest Vixen is already out for 4 days of Carnaval.

Oldest will be home for dinner since you has to work tonight.

Oh.. I'm making Tacos

We had tacos last night, having them again today because I still after 8 years have not figured out how to cook for just 2 people.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

This look about right? If so, I literally just now learned how removed cousinhood and stuff works.

64DE300A-B8F6-4EAB-9103-2FC2425F1D5F.png

Growing up they were either just cousins or Aunts and Uncles. In some cases we called them Aunt or Uncle but they were really just cousins or not even related at all.

Afternoon, everyone! Hope y'all are doing well.

Things here are going okay today, less brain weasels. We haven't done anything today but still need to run to Target to get some things like toilet paper. I painted yesterday and finished my first mini of the month. I'm slacking if I'm going to reach my goal for the year. Though with all the Shadows of Brimstone stuff we have and what is coming I should be okay if I get them all done. 

I've been trying to figure out logistics of selling my painted minis and it may have to wait a while. <_< But in the meantime I can start getting things together and paint then store them until I'm ready to get started. 

• Like 8

Aaaaaaand another short-short story finds a home. Everyone probably should rub my head for good luck before it's all gone.

Also cranked out another new story working loosely off a poetry prompt today. This is, I think, 11 days in a row. Though one day I actually did write a poem.

I'm really digging for them at this point, it feels like. Might need to take a break.

Might start my ama-type thread today. Gimme something different to do.

• Like 10

Now that the contest is over I can show off my eye beast I entered. I know someone here wanted me to share, it may have been @Green Eyed Monster? Anyway, here it is. 

Spoiler

5a7f776b70f45_eyebeastedit.thumb.jpg.2919cbe1cbb240d3724c1d18e8ea2c78.jpg

ETA: I did not win.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

That fellow needs to brush those teeth, or he's going to need an orthodontist!

And yes, very cool eye :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Very nice!!

Cooking for 2 is hard... I usually cook for way more than 2, even though I'm often cooking for 1, and then just eat that for the whole rest of the week. Sometimes into the next... 

Thinking about painting tonight. Crazy... all the cleaning after cooking is done, so... 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

Now that the contest is over I can show off my eye beast I entered. I know someone here wanted me to share, it may have been @Green Eyed Monster? Anyway, here it is. 

Hide contents

5a7f776b70f45_eyebeastedit.thumb.jpg.2919cbe1cbb240d3724c1d18e8ea2c78.jpg

ETA: I did not win.

Thank You for posting this as soon as you were able.

Fantastic is the best way I can describe this.

I would certainly not want to meet this beastie in a dank dungeon corridor.

Especially with Those Eyes, 'cause I can't figure out exactly where the main eyes are actually looking.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Thank You for posting this as soon as you were able.

Fantastic is the best way I can describe this.

I would certainly not want to meet this beastie in a dank dungeon corridor.

Especially with Those Eyes, 'cause I can't figure out exactly where the main eyes are actually looking.

GEM

At you... It's looking at you... 

• Like 7

I didn't exactly paint tonight, but did get magnets into the bases for my DDS2 adventuring party :)

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Crowley said:

At you... It's looking at you... 

Yeahbut, is it looking at me, or the cleric right behind me?

Or something coming silently down the hall behind us and gradually inching closer?

GEM

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Jumpin' Jeebus, how the hell did I end up here???

I go down to the FLGS to ask them about the prices on some of those minis I wanted...

And they decide that "because Jack knows about this stuff"...

I should go through the entire collection, all 250-ish of them, identify them, and tell THEM what they should be charging for each piece...

Wikileaks Task Force, Batman...  :blink::huh::blink::wacko:

Yes, folks, I have spent several hours today pulling out each little drawer of the case they're in, setting up all the minis in it and taking a picture, then writing down which pics go with which drawers so I could come home and ID them.

And then tell the store owners if there's anything in there worth some money that they should charge more than a couple of bucks for.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

I went to a strongman contest today. I was there as both spectator and intermission entertainment. Me and a couple other SCA folks put on a fighting demo, in return for one of the guys hosting the competition having come to our event a couple weeks ago to do a "Feats of Strength" bit there.

I also learned that the gym I was thinking of getting a membership to is expensive. The guy I talked to wasn't able to give me exact numbers for stuff involving coaching, but he said it averaged around $350/mo for a three sessions a week coaching deal. General membership, with no coaching, is still $60/mo. They also offer the option of daily coaching for something like $30-40 a session, on top of general membership fees. Which is much more doable for some coaching here and there. Especially since my work schedule and their schedule won't allow me to do much, if anything, at their gym every other week.

However, one of the coaches is the owner, and he was WVU's athletics strength training coach for like 10 years, working with every WVU team from football to match rifles. He's got masters degrees in exercise physiology and athletic coaching. He's even trained Olympians. So it's not like the expensive coaching isn't going to give you your money's worth if you follow the plan they give you.

I'm very, very tempted to spend $100 and get a monthly membership and a single coaching session so that I can explain what I'm looking to do and get shown proper form for at least a handful of exercises that will help me reach that goal.

I would go to Planet Fitness, because a general membership is cheap as dirt, but I know jack about squats(and deadlifts, and etc) and need someone to show me proper form so that I don't hurt myself and to give me a somewhat structured workout. Also, for all their talk about being an "intimidation free" gym, they're certainly intimidating with how they enforce that crap. Strain at all during a lift, or breathe heavily, and you get the stink eye at best and yelled at by staff on average. Have a weight slip because you went for one too many reps and you're screwed, because there goes your membership. It's like if you want to actually try to work out, you're not allowed to. I get that they don't want meatheads running around tossing weights to the ground and doing the beast mode shouting and stuff, but from what I've heard they've taken it to some crazy levels where basically any noise is bad...

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 5