Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

6 hours ago, Pegazus said:

It was more like five minutes, and a front loader, so I was hoping. Slow toast over the cable box overnight didn't work. I think it's dead, Jim!

And of course, what does my brain do last night while I'm trying to rest? That's right! Phone dreams all night!

Stupid brain.

Yeah. Me thinks USB now are the lepers of corporate IT. Hoards of pasty white wonks throwing stones and shouting 'unclean' at every poor device.

There's a very good reason for that. You know that whole Stuxnet thing that the US and Israel created to sabotage the centrifuges at the Iranian nuclear processing facility? Dropping a few USB sticks is most likely how they got it into those machines. And there's been a few other noted cases of industrial/corporate hacking that have been spawned by dropped USB sticks as well. Not to mention those USB Kill Sticks that started being produced a couple years ago that are designed to charge capacitors off of the 5v power that USB provides and then dump it onto the data lines at 200v over and over until it fries whatever you've got. Used to be that a lot of higher security places would straight up fill USB ports on PCs and laptops with super glue to prevent people from sticking things in there.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

My cousin swears that the whole reason I married Grump was so I never have to cook.

Having cooked for a group for the first time, I have to say it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

And felt more rewarding than I expected.

I think I have spent my life telling myself I couldn't cook, mostly as an excuse NOT to cook.

*GRUMP* Pretty sure that was one of the reasons. ::P:

People can build up a minor phobia about trying things - especially when it is going to be for a group.

And the Ziti came out fine. ::):

Next up, pot roast?

The Auld Grump - my favorite type of cooking - bung things into the crock pot, then walk away for a few hours. ::D:

• Like 7

Dans Macabre is actually the name of the encounter - someone at Paizo really likes the song. ::):

The album it is on sees a lot of use in games.... The 99 Darkest Pieces of Classical Music.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8

Well, I finally did it. Trying to do two things at once, I managed to miss the rinse cup & found myself swishing my brush in my coffee cup. :zombie:

Teach me to drink enhanced coffee and paint while downloading maps.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Oh, I guarantee you, there's weirder folks. Pity the folks working at the amazon warehouses!

I get all sorts of varied stuff in - the tame stuff goes to either my FlexDelivery box, or to work...  The not so tame stuff?  FlexDelivery again, or sent to the house when I'm off on vacation ^_^

Also, w00t, hubby's Circle Orboros Battle Box is now assembled.  Ugh, that druid is a PAIN to assemble, her right arm just didn't want to stay still long enough for the glue to settle...

• Like 6

Just heard at the Pathfinder game “ just how bad is the wagon burning right now?”

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Flit said:

Just heard at the Pathfinder game “ just how bad is the wagon burning right now?”

did they eat the horses?

• Confused 4

Today was good. Went to the in-laws and had lunch. We also played a game of Shadows Over Camelot. I died like 1/3 of the way through but we won. Skipped errands today because it was much later than we thought it would be when we left. Must do those tomorrow. 

• Like 9

It's not really a campaign until the party's hard up and having a conversation about whether it's okay to eat a humanoid since it was evil anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Marvin said:

It's not really a campaign until the party's hard up and having a conversation about whether it's okay to eat a humanoid since it was evil anyway.

There was this one time where the party's healer was trying to convince us we should be skinning sapient creatures and selling their hides for armor, and the rogue and the paladin were both giving him a ration for his lack of morals.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Chili is all gone now. So tomorrow I'll have to do groceries and cook. Unless I raid the freezer for days of pizza, chicken wings and battered fish.

Feels like I should squeeze a salad in somewhere.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Cranky Dog said:

Chili is all gone now. So tomorrow I'll have to do groceries and cook. Unless I raid the freezer for days of pizza, chicken wings and battered fish.

Feels like I should squeeze a salad in somewhere.

"Fresh Squeezed Salad"

Isn't that some kind of blender drink?

GEM

• Haha 7

I just finished my 3rd :blink: dinner for the evening. Apparently all of my social groups wanted to eat dinner with me on the same night, friends, family and work. I'm gonna not move for a while.

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Keianna said:

I just finished my 3rd :blink: dinner for the evening. Apparently all of my social groups wanted to eat dinner with me on the same night, friends, family and work. I'm gonna not move for a while.

You my friend would appear to be in Hobbit Heaven.

GEM

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3