Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

At work, it is very quiet due to Carnaval.

Many people have the time off.

Being a bit of a snob here, but you haven't really done Carnival unless you go to Brazil.

I was on a ship in Recife ... longer ago than I care to think... about when Mardi Gras was on.

What a Party.

I've never read the Brazilian constitution, but I think there must be a line in it that says something like: "..During Mardi Gras it is ILLEGAL to allow anyone to drink, dance or go to bed by themselves."

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Being a bit of a snob here, but you haven't really done Carnival unless you go to Brazil.

I was on a ship in Recife ... longer ago than I care to think... about when Mardi Gras was on.

What a Party.

I've never read the Brazilian constitution, but I think there must be a line in it that says something like: "..During Mardi Gras it is ILLEGAL to allow anyone to drink, dance or go to bed by themselves."

Youngest Vixen is the only one who celebrates, the rest of us tend to stay clear of it all.

She is enjoying herself together with her Boyfriend and friends.

The name might be similar but this Carnaval is indeed nothing like the Brazil variant.

I'm perfectly allright working during these days, in this region most people are celebrating, so itś kinda quiet.

This let me be at work and just do very little, hence my making an army list for my children of the grave project.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Why can't today be Sunday, pt.2?

Agreed.  Got sooooooooo much done yesterday, even if my threads don't show any of it.  Was nice to get a bunch of minis assembled.  Would have painted too if not for desire to crackle maniacally every time Mira says "SURPRISE!" as you drop a space station into an enemy base....  Ahhhhhh, StarCraft II co-op, much fun. 

• Like 4

Sunday 2: Sundayer.

Kinda puts me in mind of a picnic in the Hamptons on a long weekend.

But I'm sure there will be something for John McClane to explode.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

did they eat the horses?

No horses were eaten. The wagon was pulled by a thing we call a bantha because we can't pronounce its real name. It was last seen running twards town with wagon in tow. All PCs abandoned the wagon when the fire started.  No PC deaths this session but a few cane close. We have to hike back to town though.

• Like 6

It can be ridiculously hard to convince Grump to buy something he should buy.

I am trying to convince him that it is time to replace his decrepit Gateway laptop, and get one that actually, you know, works.

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

It can be ridiculously hard to convince Grump to buy something he should buy.

I am trying to convince him that it is time to replace his decrepit Gateway laptop, and get one that actually, you know, works.

But once you've had a Gateway for a while, the moo cow stripes are.. Necessary..... ::P:

I want the new HP ZBook X2 but I don't want to see what the quad core versions cost o_O

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Why can't today be Sunday, pt.2?

It is.

But as we all know... Sequels always suck.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, paintybeard said:

What a Party.

Been there, Done that, never want to be part of it again.  Guess I am too old to enjoy crowds of screaming, cheering drunks in areas where the sanitary system cant support the population.

I will stick to my quieter world.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

I love my underpowered Chromebook...

I just want a shiny powerful sexy tablet because if I'm getting a laptop I'm going all in.  There are also shortcut buttons along the side for use with Lightroom  and Photoshop....  And it's bigger than a Surface Pro for real estate, and has a Wacom digitizer, and a dedicated graphics card, blah blah. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I just want a shiny powerful sexy tablet because if I'm getting a laptop I'm going all in.  There are also shortcut buttons along the side for use with Lightroom  and Photoshop....  And it's bigger than a Surface Pro for real estate, and has a Wacom digitizer, and a dedicated graphics card, blah blah. 

These things are always a balance.  Do I want more power or more weight.  I swear my laptop weighs 5 pounds more every time I take it on a trip.

Considering a gaming laptop, power is good but the weight is almost 6 pounds!  then I look at my old gateway from 10 years ago (I never throw electronics out, though I really should) and realize it weighed 8 and was smaller with a shorter battery life

• Like 5

I'm trying to hold out on my next computer purchase until they release the fully autonomous A.I. and I can give myself over to the will of our machine overlords as it is meant to be.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I've been quite happy with the pen on my surface pro 2 as a drawing tool. the touchscreen on the other hand turned out to be junk ( and is currently switched off)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

These things are always a balance.  Do I want more power or more weight.  I swear my laptop weighs 5 pounds more every time I take it on a trip.

Considering a gaming laptop, power is good but the weight is almost 6 pounds!  then I look at my old gateway from 10 years ago (I never throw electronics out, though I really should) and realize it weighed 8 and was smaller with a shorter battery life

And that's why I don't own a gaming laptop ^_^ But for multimedia, I'd consider the Zbook X2.  It's he's ier than an ultralight, but it has the power to do what I want it to.  It just sucks they're more expensive than the ThreadRipper setup I want to build! 

8 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I've been quite happy with the pen on my surface pro 2 as a drawing tool. the touchscreen on the other hand turned out to be junk ( and is currently switched off)

Apparently the ones got a LOT better on the 4, and the 2017 edition (aka Surface Pro 5, but they just call it Surface Pro) has an even better one that's almost as good as the ones for a Wacom Cintiq. I wouldn't know much about the touchscreens though, as I'm not much of a fan of such things (due to the fingerprints) 

• Like 3