Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

It is.

But as we all know... Sequels always suck.

So perhaps: "Monday: The Weekend Strikes Back"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Apparently the ones got a LOT better on the 4, and the 2017 edition (aka Surface Pro 5, but they just call it Surface Pro) has an even better one that's almost as good as the ones for a Wacom Cintiq. I wouldn't know much about the touchscreens though, as I'm not much of a fan of such things (due to the fingerprints) 

So I've heard, but I'm trying to hold out another 1 to 2 years before I look at a replacement for it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Unruly said:

Actually, the majority of the time that I'm awake and at home I'm in bed. I watch TV in bed, I play on the computer in bed, and I've got one of my game consoles hooked up in my bedroom as well. This bed is basically my favorite recliner.

A while back my wife said she couldn't find me in the house. I had to laugh because as I told her I have 3 spots I can be. On the bed reading or doing something on my laptop, in a recliner in front of the tv, or in the basement painting. It's rare I'm not in one of those spots and the house ain't that big anyhow.

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Why can't today be Sunday, pt.2?

For us it is. It was -33 C this morning so the kids didn't have school and I didn't go to work. It's up to -24 now but we're sitting watching Sword Art online. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Post lunch crash imminent....

Next time don't eat a whole horse just to prove a point :p

... I can't figure out how to put that in purple on mobile >. >;;;;

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

Been there, Done that, never want to be part of it again.  Guess I am too old to enjoy crowds of screaming, cheering drunks in areas where the sanitary system cant support the population.

I will stick to my quieter world.

I don't participate in that sort of thing, but it is fun to watch drunk people doing stupid things for awhile. It allows me to feel vastly superior to a large chunk of humanity, lol.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

But once you've had a Gateway for a while, the moo cow stripes are.. Necessary..... ::P:

I want the new HP ZBook X2 but I don't want to see what the quad core versions cost o_O

... Tape off the sensitive bits, primer the case, paint your own moo cow stripes. Or spots. Or whatever the you want, it's your laptop!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, OneBoot said:

<snip>

I love that game! It's super tough, but it's one of the few games I can get MrBoot to play, since it's a cooperative team-style game.

<snip>

That's mostly what we play. I either get too confused with rules  (depending on the game) and/or I'm just a sore loser. I'm working on that last part though.

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I need to start a social movement for klutzes to have sharp corners removed from all furniture. 

I currently have a black, painful bruise on my thigh from a table at work. It hurts so much x.x

In high school my parents went from an oval dining table to a rectangular one. I had bruises for weeks until I finally figured out what I'd been running into.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Snip

Dunno. My Sunday was a bit like, hmm. Like one of your bad weeks, CW. What weekday is it after the seventh day of work? Is that Monday the Third, or are the names of the weekdays past that point no longer named after gods but famous devils and demons?

Hmm. I declare Day 8 of working Lokisday. Hmm... no. Fenrisday sounds more interesting after a quick Wikipedia search.

Since the second Full Moon of a calendar month is called a Blue Moon perhaps the days of the week should follow the same naming convention.

That would make the Second Monday of a week a Blue Monday [heralded in song by Fats Domino] Tuesday, Blue Tuesday and etc.

GEM

6 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

All of them?

That would be 20

GEM

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Flit said:

No horses were eaten. The wagon was pulled by a thing we call a bantha because we can't pronounce its real name. It was last seen running twards town with wagon in tow. All PCs abandoned the wagon when the fire started.  No PC deaths this session but a few cane close. We have to hike back to town though.

How pissed at the party are the townspeople going to be when this thing comes screaming through town towing a flaming source of imminent destruction?

I suppose that will be determined by how much of the place gets burned down......

GEM

• Like 5

Not sure. We are about 16 miles from town. The forest between here and there is infested with goblins and dopplegangers. We do have party members who have flying mounts, so we can probably retrieve the wagon and bantha unless the goblins get it first. Session ended right after the flaming wagon ran off, so haven't had a chance to deal with it yet.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

If we were to substitute 'pizza' for 'horse', you'd be close....

I've done that a few times.  Domino's, no problem.  Panago, if I'm hungry, yup.  Vern's Pizza?  I'm lucky to get four slices of an 18" into me....  But their pizza is soooooooooooooooo tasty!  And an inch of toppings never hurt. 

1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

... Tape off the sensitive bits, primer the case, paint your own moo cow stripes. Or spots. Or whatever the you want, it's your laptop!

Vinyl wrap is so much easier though, at which point I'd go with some sort of stripes and spots full of mischief pattern.  That's right, hyena are awesome.  Not as awesome as marble foxes or fennec foxes, but still. 

• Like 6