Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

But once you've had a Gateway for a while, the moo cow stripes are.. Necessary..... ::P:

I want the new HP ZBook X2 but I don't want to see what the quad core versions cost o_O

Pretty sure this isn't a "real" Gateway, just a Dell with a Gateway LA el.

Looking at it right now, a NV53? Athalon II, slower than a frisky slug.

And that was before a Windows update doorstopped it for a while, it still hasn't recovered.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Froggy the Great said:

So...they're basically bantha poodoo.

Go away, Sebulba! No one likes that movie or anything in it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Pretty sure this isn't a "real" Gateway, just a Dell with a Gateway LA el.

Looking at it right now, a NV53? Athalon II, slower than a frisky slug.

And that was before a Windows update doorstopped it for a while, it still hasn't recovered.

Yeah... the beast is dying.

More looking for something cheap to replace it than refusing to get a replacement - I am being a cheap bastiche. (A similar computer looks like it goes for around $100. And if Google was what it used to was, I suspect I could find it cheaper.)

The Auld Grump - I don't think Gateway has been Gateway in a loooonnnngggg while. (And neither has Alienware.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grayfax said:

Designed obsolescence... 

This annoys me to no end. Build a quality product that lasts until I break it, and I'll be your customer for ever. Stop making cheap garbage!

3 minutes ago, alchemist said:

Here's poetic justice for you:

A suspected big cat poacher has been eaten by lions

Poetic justice indeed.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

This annoys me to no end. Build a quality product that lasts until I break it, and I'll be your customer for ever. Stop making cheap garbage!

I hate our modern disposable society. I have a handful of tools and things that are about the same age as me. They may not be fancy but they still work. I buy pretty much anything now and have to expect it will be replaced within 2 years.

So we finished watching Sword Art Online II this afternoon. Kind of a wild switch in direction near the end. I've watched enough anime the last couple of years to not be shocked by that but dang that was a tough few episodes to watch. Might be going soft when I get misty eyed at cartoons. Some anime can do that to me.

• Like 7

Okay, been away because sick. Doctor today: atypical pneumonia/bronchitis. He opted against the chest xray and just prescribed azithromycin and tessalon perles.

Hopefully all this sickness will go away soon.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

5 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

Okay, been away because sick. Doctor today: atypical pneumonia/bronchitis. He opted against the chest xray and just prescribed azithromycin and tessalon perles.

Hopefully all this sickness will go away soon.

Wow, not often I hear about a new treatment for respiratory infections (the tessalon perles).  I hope you feel better very, very soon!!!  

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Wow, not often I hear about a new treatment for respiratory infections (the tessalon perles).  I hope you feel better very, very soon!!!  

I've used the tessalon for years.  Doesn't do anything for the infection, but it does stop the spasmatic coughing.

• Like 7

I got word that on Saturday I'll be picking up some overtime, which is good news! The bad news is that it means I'll get off work at 8am and have to be back at 5pm to work a 12 hour shift. My boss has already told me that after midnight that night he doesn't really expect me to do much more than just drive around, so that's good.

But I like extra money, even if it isn't a whole lot.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I feel like it would be easier to make rounded corners than to put us all in giant hamster balls.... though the giant hamster ball would enforce the personal space bubble...

Gotta tell ya, personal space bubbles are pretty awesome. Also, it's fun to fun people/dogs over in them. 

Did that post earlier? Eh whatever...

Satisfying evening. Watched The Avengers, primed some minis, and based some other minis. 

Interview this morning stretched into this afternoon, and I've got another long interview (a different one) scheduled for Thursday. Being a house husband might soon be coming to an end. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Tessalon Perles are the bomb. Codiene makes me puke, so most prescription cough remedies are out. The perles work wonders, though.

• Like 8