Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

32 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:
6 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I should have a list of al the interesting stuff by tomorrow...

If you're already pm'ing that list to Crowley, I'd be interested, too.

For anybody that's interested in what the collection looks like, keep an eye on the ID thread I've started in General Fantasy...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

<kicks box full of 1st generation Happy Seppuku stamps under table>  Well generally I would recommend the flagstone and narrow plank stamps as being the most useful starting point.  If you do any steampunk/modern stuff then I'd suggest a brick one like the fishscale one because it's super time consuming to sculpt yourself.  The sci-fi stamps look good but we generally just play fantasy games so I haven't tried them myself.  I like the grassland one for adding just a bit of texture.  Really wanted to buy the temple courtyard one but apparently he needed to make a new plate for that stamp because the old one broke.  (I emailed a couple of weeks ago to ask.)  Instead I got the stone shore stamp, which I've been meaning to test out.  Not sure that I'd recommend the ferns, vines or forest floor because the detail level is only okay.  

Ahem.  Maybe I should go get those paints out like I meant to an hour ago.  Or perhaps the greenstuff.  

Aww, saddened to hear the detail is only "ok" on the ferns and forest floor because those two are ones I was looking at getting... Plus a few others like dried river, splintered deck, broken concrete, grassland, creek bed, and flagstone. 

I'd love to get some of the basius ones, but they don't seem to be sold to normal regular gamers it seems (no webstore option)... 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Chicken pot pie.:winkthumbs:

Darn you Wolf. Now I want chicken pot pie. I certainly don't have time to make chicken pot pie. I make good chicken pot pie when I cook it. *pouts*

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'd love to get some of the basius ones, but they don't seem to be sold to normal regular gamers it seems (no webstore option)... 

That's why I jumped on the kickstarter.. couldn't find them available in retail.

• Like 6

Grump and a large herd of small people have taken over both the kitchen and the living room.

WAY too many people for this small apartment.

I have no idea what the neighbors think. :lol:

The cats are hiding, and the dog is under the table, looking hopeful. Sammy is mooching. ::P:

Grump made a Mexican beef and rice thing, because NOTHING says PIRATES like cheese and Cheeto covered rice!

Tastes good though, just not piraty!

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Aww, saddened to hear the detail is only "ok" on the ferns and forest floor because those two are ones I was looking at getting... Plus a few others like dried river, splintered deck, broken concrete, grassland, creek bed, and flagstone. 

Yeah, I keep not wanting to spend the cash when they have a Kickstarter but the retail options never pan out.  Happy Seppuku plus brass etch is my work around for now.  Plus the flexible rubber occasionally has advantages over hard resin.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I'm excited now! I remembered Happy Seppuku base stamps exist. Now, Mr. Mouse is going to get me some with the $30 that got refunded from CMON. I guess I'm still getting something pretty awesome out of this. :)

Also, how do I choose only six?

or you can hope they run the $140 for everything they make again.......

jumped in on that when it was in the last few hours....

( a year or 2 ago...)

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 5

Wow, they are loud.

It is a wonder Grump isn't deaf.

The girls are a LOT louder than the boys, which is as it should be.

Sam is yelling "Attack! Attack! Attack!"

And Dain just yelled "Boom! Eat a twenty, SUCKER!"

Everyone is cheering, so I'm guessing he just got a critical with his cannon.

Not clear, but I think I heard Grump going  "Blub, blub, blub". I hope they weren't trying to, no, they are cheering again, so I guess they wanted to sink it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, eldamir said:

That's why I jumped on the kickstarter.. couldn't find them available in retail.

Sadly, I found out about the Kickstarter long after it was over.  Perhaps next time, because wow do they seem to have a good amount of detail.  Definitely would be nice if the retail options did surface though.

As for food... Pizza pops here!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump is roaring, and the kids seem to be yelling Kill it! and Run Away! at the same time.

I am guessing either dragon or devil. :;,;::devil:

Weren't they just in the kitchen?  Perhaps it's an overdone lasagna!!

• Haha 6