Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

Dropping a pit fiend on the deck of a ship and then sending you home?

That's... different...

8 hours ago, Marvin said:

She really had a way  about her.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am envious of all the beloved parents and lovers and candyeaters glowing warmly out there in the cold void today. Truly your existence between the stars is blessed.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I am envious of all the beloved parents and lovers and candyeaters glowing warmly out there in the cold void today. Truly your existence between the stars is blessed.

I am glad not to be a teenager today.  Nothing as awkward as Valentine's Day at the high school.  

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I am glad not to be a teenager today.  Nothing as awkward as Valentine's Day at the high school.  

My daughter just baked a bunch of cookies for a bunch of her friends (12 of them I think) and called it good.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I distinctly remember the dances being more awkward, but that was just me.  I was a loner when it wasn't lunch time, so people left me alone.  Then again, growling at them if they're trying to be all "omg Valentine's!" works too ::P:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Lulz I generally had pretty hip 'n' happening Valentine's Days as a kid, but I'd take even the gloomier ones in trade for being a teenager again.

Ah, youth.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I build armies all the time, just for fun and display to give me an excuse to paint and include whatever I want.

Not playing a game with it also means I can base and do what I want.

While there is no reason not to paint whatever groups you like, I’ve always been an advocate of rules that aren’t manufacturer-exclusive. Sets like WRG’s Hordes of the Things or Osprey’s Dragon Rampant allow you plenty of scope for customization, and have army sizes under 60 figures (for the most part) making building them in pairs or sets practical. Any set’s basing guidelines become optional when you are providing all the troops. Solo play can be fun if opponents are a problem....

My next push is going to be a super-retro Tolkien thing with original 1972 vintage Minifigs like I started with a year or two later. I should start a running WIP thread...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice... There's a complete set of Grenadier 2005 Fighting men in the collection, with only one broken weapon - which is cool because I happen to have the box for that set already.

• Like 5