Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

In what seems like a timely coincidence, talking about JNCOs earlier today has come back around. I just saw a headline that said "Bad news, JNCO Jeans are going out of business." I thought they already had, to be honest. I figured that Tripp were about the last holdouts of the super baggy pants, and that's because Tripp hold on by being a niche subculture thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

We did swing when we were back in Baltimore. It was a ton of fun. Looking forward to finding somewhere to take regular lessons here.

It Don't Mean A Thing

Ella Fitzgerald

It don't mean a thing
If it ain't got that swing
(doo wah, doo wah, doo wah, doo wah
Doo wah, doo wah, doo wah, doo wah)
It don't mean a thing
All you got to do is sing
It makes no diff'rence 
If it's sweet or hot
Just give that rhythm 
Ev'rything you got
Oh, it don't mean a thing
If it ain't got that swing

Songwriters: Duke Ellington / Irving Mills

It Don't Mean A Thing lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

best swing song ever....

for some reason, my thighs and legs REALLY ache right now....

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Unruly said:

talking about JNCOs earlier today has come back around

I'm probably the only one who saw this and thought I had missed a conversation about Junior NonCommissioned Officers..

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I just blew $160 on minis from the collection today, and will be dropping another $30-40 tomorrow... :wacko:

When I went in to buy stuff today, they sprang a whole new case of minis on me that they'd forgotten about... It's mostly all full of Reaper, but the Grenadier Frost Giant and Frost princess were both in it, and both complete right down to her antlers.

Oy. Shoot me now.

Edit: Oh, sure, you're all laughing at me...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 13

I started a new job in November.  It's kept me super busy, and I haven't had much time to stop by the fora.  I hope you are all doing well.  I miss being a semi-regular contributor, but rest assured, I'm not dead, I just prefer kipping on my back.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

:devil: I had nothing to do with the weather!

If you're around, you have any time to get together? 

We did swing when we were back in Baltimore. It was a ton of fun. Looking forward to finding somewhere to take regular lessons here.

I wish we did, but it's a long over due, and short, stay to visit with the nephews. But next time we come up, I'd like to have a bit more time to hang with me friends. 

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Whatcha doing way up here? You get lost or something?::P:

Nice one!

>carefully gets closer, curious as to the answer...<

Happy Friday, everybody!!!

See above. Husband has nephews in the area, that we like to come see. 

• Like 9

Just found out that the FLGS in Olympia is starting a paint day. I'm tentatively interested in going. Can't make the first one though.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Unruly said:

In what seems like a timely coincidence, talking about JNCOs earlier today has come back around. I just saw a headline that said "Bad news, JNCO Jeans are going out of business." I thought they already had, to be honest. I figured that Tripp were about the last holdouts of the super baggy pants, and that's because Tripp hold on by being a niche subculture thing.

They aren't as well known, but UFO Clothing is still around from that ear, and they've been taken on by a slightly different niche.  They also sell the widest pants you can get on the market (40" flares) 

On the topic of buying stuff, wheee, working out how I'm getting my next paint order in yay!  Aka it's going to be split between three different sources (two in Canada, one being direct from Reaper), but will bring me not only all of the HD line, but hopefully the full Bones line too if I can squeeze it all in...  And a few triads too, for good measure...

... .... Yes, there will be gnolls too. Can't forget the gnolls, they'll eat all the cookies or.... Bake cupcakes! O_o

Oh, and probably stuff from Happy Seppuku and Green Stuff World too, because I want to base all the things, and maybe do some sculpting too... 

• Like 7

Been just out of touch for a while but thought I'd pop in quick with something random and a bit odd, but I think our big cat just used the toilet. As in not his litter box but the toilet bowl next to it...

Edited by EvilJames
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, EvilJames said:

Been just out of touch for a while but thought I'd pop in quick with something random and a bit odd, but I think our big cat just used the toilet. As in not his litter box but the toilet bowl next to it...

Congrats! A lot of people go to great lengths to train their cats to do just that.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, EvilJames said:

image.png.076a1e13cbce04ec6b763b4eecabb98a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Morning all!

Coffee is brewing...

9 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

I wish we did, but it's a long over due, and short, stay to visit with the nephews. But next time we come up, I'd like to have a bit more time to hang with me friends. 

See above. Husband has nephews in the area, that we like to come see. 

Next time then!

Going out to dinner tonight, then salsa dancing again. Till then? I'll probably work on our taxes. Fun day... 

• Like 7