Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Need caffeine. Don't drink coffee. Should probably do something other than watch my Jessica Rich dvd. It's probably not helping the tired watching someone, that's not me, paint in real time.

• Like 4

Wanted to play Baldur's Gate EE with my kids. Supposedly it will work cross platform with tablets and computers. Bought and downloaded it onto 2 laptops and a tablet. It won't play on my old laptop so getting a headache trying to sort that out. Can't connect multiplayer between the tablet and computer that it does work on so trying to figure that out. Steam may not let me use the game on two laptops at the same time so trying to get that worked out. Getting annoyed with it all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

How big does a spoon have to be before it becomes a shovel?

Big enough side to side that you cannot fit it in your mouth, with a depth no greater than 25% the width. If it is too deep it becomes ladle or bucket .

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Sophie was taken said:

The heart wants to paint but the brain is under constant weasel assault.

whoever invents self-painting minis is going to make a fortune.

barwtrncaaawybk.jpg.c77f26cec98d4bf735d02cd56c4b4047.jpg

If this doesn't help...

5a8b11162c705_Glbo.jpg.0d3b7a3fca6aad82da68f3cb0b3a098a.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

$183 to get my dogs vaccinated for the year. And some antibiotic drops for the Aussie as she apparently has an ear infection. I'll never be able to hold her still to give them, but that's another story altogether.

$183. What a racket.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

34 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Yes.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Marvin said:

$183 to get my dogs vaccinated for the year. And some antibiotic drops for the Aussie as she apparently has an ear infection. I'll never be able to hold her still to give them, but that's another story altogether.

$183. What a racket.

When we took our cat in it was about $150 for vaccinations, check up, and flea medicine (she doesn't actually have fleas). It's kind of ridiculous.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Sophie was taken said:

The heart wants to paint but the brain is under constant weasel assault.

whoever invents self-painting minis is going to make a fortune.

I had a dream some time ago that reaper started using nanotechnology with their paint pigment. The miniature with the paint would assist in painting the rest. Unfortunately, the nanotech was corrupted and eventually started painting larger miniatures and eventually metal statues. They would generate heat to move the metal around and eventually started attacking humans. Yay for miniature painting and skynet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

When we took our cat in it was about $150 for vaccinations, check up, and flea medicine (she doesn't actually have fleas). It's kind of ridiculous.

Ridiculous indeed. This wasn't even as bad as other places I've taken them.

Why do I love animals. Sigh.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, redambrosia said:

The internet was out because the power strip that our modem was attached to had a surge. Probably because of the ancient, groaning AC also plugged into it. Of course, the power strip might also be older than me. 

This place is ridiculous.

Who is/was the genius that decided power taken of the same part of the distribution system as a High Current Draw Device [which probably has a large capacitor to "kick" the motor when it starts {and thereby feeds back all sorts of spikey high voltage "noise" onto the branch circuit}] was suitable for critical components of the data management system?

That thing has been rabbit punching the power strip every time the AC kicks on.  Unless there is a large mass of iron [power conditioning transformer]in the line ahead of the power strip this problem will just repeat every time a power strip fails due to constant electrical abuse.  You are lucky that it didn't also take out some of the network hardware [this time].  Eventually there will be a failure that will wipe out part of your network infrastructure unless measures are taken to either add power conditioning or put the motorized equipment on a separate branch circuit from the network hardware.

GEM

Who has replaced a large number of switching power supplies over the years due to this sort of inadequate power distribution.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

It depends on how long and/or ornate the handle is.

If it has all sorts of fancy design work it's most likely a spoon.

If the handle is long enough for a two handed grip that lets you "put your back into it" it's probably a shovel.

In between the two are such things as ladles and scoops, although some scoops are even larger than most shovels.

GEM

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Acquired a new printer, ink, and a binder for minis stuff. Still have not gone grocery shopping.

What kind of printer?

GEM

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

What kind of printer?

GEM

It's a "Canon PIXMA™ Wireless Color Inkjet All-In-One Printer" It was on super sale and a Canon had been recommended by a graphic design friend. Ink cost more than the printer did. 

• Like 3