Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Was supposed to be painting today, or at least planned for such, but wound up spending most of the evening at a table top cafe kind of place.  Was really fun.  I can see why we now have like six of them in town, with two of them being pretty close to home... 

Still have plans to greenstuff the pair of Ebonwraths we have though ^_^

• Like 5

I am so very bored tonight and I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep even though I'm tired.

Maybe I too need an Ebonwrath.

• Like 5

Damn we rock. We really do.

I was trying to trace a RAFM mini that's not on the Lost Minis Wiki or on their site anymore. I did a Google image search.

And found it in a post on here from 2008.

We rock.

5 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I am so very bored tonight and I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep even though I'm tired.

Maybe I too need an Ebonwrath.

Nah, not heavy enough. You'd need to hit yourself in the head with the big guy, Ma'al Drakar, to guarantee unconsciousness...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

Monday is being very Monday. A half an hour into my shift, the internet went down. Like, ALL of it. Lan, wifi, guest wifi. 

And here's the thing: all the programs I need to use are internet based. 

My boss brought me a hotspot, so I can do a few basic things (like check people in), but I can't even make keys. Because the computer that runs the key programmers I internet based. 

At least this isn't my fault. :rolleyes:

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 7

The internet was out because the power strip that our modem was attached to had a surge. Probably because of the ancient, groaning AC also plugged into it. Of course, the power strip might also be older than me. 

This place is ridiculous.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

So, what do you guys think, should I start a WIP thread for my Savage Tide stuff?  It's an awesome adventure path, but it's pre-Pathfinder so there is no official line of minis for it.  Which means that I'm frequently searching for the right mini, sometimes modifying stuff to fit and generally scavenging.  

I think it'd be cool to see.

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

The internet was out because the power strip that our modem was attached to had a surge. Probably because of the ancient, groaning AC also plugged into it. Of course, the power strip might also be older than me. 

This place is ridiculous.

Once again, I congratulate you on being more polite than I would be.

And I'm sorry that the place is such a disaster.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Once again, I congratulate you on being more polite than I would be.

And I'm sorry that the place is such a disaster.

Thanks. Being polite in the face of unmitigated idiocy is a skill I gained over the course of too many years in customer service. 

I only have one one more year here, then Hubby and I are leaving the state.

• Like 9

There's two skills you learn in customer service. One is being polite to any old elfed up minotauros dropping, the other is the subtle art of bullsh*tting...  

I should know since I've worked almost 25 years in IT support...

I used to work the Phone(1st line support)parttime, and was actually pretty good at it, but enough is enough, and I got switched to 2nd tier only.

I no longer feel the need to play games such as Iron Assault or other heavy mecha game on the PC any more.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I messed up and feel bad about it. I forgot to send my grandmother's birthday card. I remembered her birthday and got a card, I just forgot to mail it. :( Just realized this and her birthday is today. I'm going to call her as soon as my breakfast gets my brain working again.

• Like 11

So happy, place smells great, soup looks like it's doing well too. 

Only downside?  It's only halfway done, and still technically has another eight hours to go before we can enjoy it - joys of 16-20 hour slow cook soup.... 

• Like 5

I woke up at 5:30ish. I'm not a happy camper right now, I tried going back to sleep but I'm up. Husband is going back to bed for a while and then we will go grocery shopping since there is no looming threat of snow for today. It's supposed to snow tomorrow which sucks because we have to go pick Husband's mom up and run some errands with her in Olympia tomorrow. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Flit said:

I messed up and feel bad about it. I forgot to send my grandmother's birthday card. I remembered her birthday and got a card, I just forgot to mail it. :( Just realized this and her birthday is today. I'm going to call her as soon as my breakfast gets my brain working again.

Or call a flower delivery service...  

• Like 6

Need caffeine. Don't drink coffee. Should probably do something other than watch my Jessica Rich dvd. It's probably not helping the tired watching someone, that's not me, paint in real time.

• Like 4

Wanted to play Baldur's Gate EE with my kids. Supposedly it will work cross platform with tablets and computers. Bought and downloaded it onto 2 laptops and a tablet. It won't play on my old laptop so getting a headache trying to sort that out. Can't connect multiplayer between the tablet and computer that it does work on so trying to figure that out. Steam may not let me use the game on two laptops at the same time so trying to get that worked out. Getting annoyed with it all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4