Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Blah. I'm just not in the mood today. For anything. Feelin' like a broccolistain on humanity.

Wrote another short-short tonight though. I've been at it about a month, a new one every single day. I keep wanting to quit but they keep getting picked up. Yesterday's and the day before's went out and got homed in a couple hours this evening. And it's just like, wtf. How can I not keep cranking them out if this is how fortune's going to smile.

In other news, I'm no Mastodon connoisseur or anything, but I really enjoy Once More 'Round The Sun.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

You put one hand on their belt and the other on the back of their collar...

Then you pull them real close and... kiss em!

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

In other news, I'm no Mastodon connoisseur or anything, but I really enjoy Once More 'Round The Sun.

Boo! Leviathan is their best album. Second best is hard to say. Probably either Crack the Skye or The Hunter, I think. Blood Mountain is good, too...

Edit: I forgot to add that I bought a new shower rod today. My old one is about to rip itself from the walls, because it's hard mounted and the plaster is failing a bit. The new one is a tension rod. I wouldn't have cared if the old one was ripping itself from the walls if it weren't for the fact that I have plaster walls that are mesh backed instead of wood lath. The mesh-backed plaster is almost impossible to repair without just replacing the entire wall. So I'm going to give the tension rod a couple days of testing, and if it holds up I'm going to remove the old rod and spackle over the holes. It'll have to work until a decade from now, when I can hopefully just pay someone to tear out my entire bathroom and rebuild it.

Since I was taking down the shower curtain anyway, I decided to use the opportunity to replace the liner and do something truly terrible. I cleaned the tub! Did you know tubs are white? I thought they were pale gray with orange highlights, but that was just all the soap scum and hard water stains. It's going to be back that way in a couple weeks. Because that's how I do. I'm only one man. I can only clean a tub so often without killing myself.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Made it to work safely! Had to scrape a bunch of ice off the car, and drove really slow, but I made it. The best part was stopping at a store that had a parking lot like glass. Walk like a penguin for the win!!

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

I've been there!

10 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Our 10 day forecast doesn't have a high below 54 degrees. Most will be in the 60's. (Average high for Feb 20th is: 49 degrees). Good luck with all that snow.

I enjoyed watching it snow for a few hours while in Wantagh. They got 2 inches near the coast there. Was gone by morning. Most snow I saw all year. It was pretty to watch come down, but you all can keep your NY weather. :lol: 

You know, you can come visit. (See above.) :lol:

Just don't bring the snow with you.

I've had a bit of a falling out with the Frost giants, so no promises.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Job hunting is going... well!

Had a second interview today and it looks like I passed muster as a reliability engineer in a mine environment. Next step is I'll be doing a site visit in the coming days (week?).

After that, it's a physical (no worries, even as a heart patient) and then the job offer. ::D:

Good for you!

Hope you'll get the job!

On the Dutch front, we are going to get more cold weather, I hate Winter with a passion!

My girl's car is broken, garage will see if they can fix it.

19 yr old Mazda 323, stutters when shifting gears and will not accelerate like it should.

Went to see Doctor yesterday, shoulder ache - will get some therapy for that.

I also need to make an appointment for some vile experiments because I need a colonoscopy.

Had one 6 years ago, a polyp was removed then ( nothing dangerous) and I needed to have another one in 6 years, which is now..

Jay...so happy!

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Morning all!

Coffee and chocolate chip cookies is a great way to start the day!

6 hours ago, Unruly said:

Since I was taking down the shower curtain anyway, I decided to use the opportunity to replace the liner and do something truly terrible. I cleaned the tub! Did you know tubs are white? I thought they were pale gray with orange highlights, but that was just all the soap scum and hard water stains. It's going to be back that way in a couple weeks. Because that's how I do. I'm only one man. I can only clean a tub so often without killing myself.

Eh, I find I clean the tub at least semi-regularly, if only because I wash the dogs in it, and my bride refuses to use the tub until I clean it after. The shower curtains really could use washing though... 

Last night my weather app said the high was 66... now it's saying 71. I bet it ends up closer to 75.

• Like 6

Re: cleaning the tub. I spray mine down with foaming bath cleaner after every use. Helps immensely. Serious scrubbing is... Infrequent. More than once a year, less than once a month; maybe every 6 to 8 weeks? Something like that. Kinda gross if I think about it. So I try not to. <_<

• Like 4

**** GROWL!!!***

Excuse me that was my stomach, any Bacon laying around here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

**** GROWL!!!***

Excuse me that was my stomach, any Bacon laying around here?

Actually, yes. Along with eggs, bagels, and a bowl of fruit.

and of course, coffee!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Is it the kids themselves, or is it the inevitable turmoil that is the result of kids exceeding critical mass?

GEM

I prefer to view it as a token of his affection.

GEM

Definitely the turmoil.

Eight kids, painting? No problem. Even when they shout.

Eight kids playing with miniatures? No problem, even when one yells Boom! Boom! Baby!

Twelve kids, shouting happily as they attack a pirate ship? I'm in the bedroom, hiding with the cats.

The dog on other paw will be under the table, hoping they drop food.

He left a note on the strawberry sauce. The cheesecake was for me and Mum. So I called her over, and we ate it all.

A lot of Grump's ways of saying I love you are high in calories. That this one was meant to be shared with my mother was really sweet.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Cheesecake, bacon, eggs....I'm starting to get really hungry here!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1