Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

4 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

oh goodness. Does this mean people think I'm both alive and dead? I think I'm alive...right? Right? RIGHT? SOMEONE CONFIRM, PLEASE.

Or is it just implying that I'm in a state of quantum flux. Which is pretty true, if that's the case.

Quantum fluxiness.

When you are here - you are here.

When you aren't here - you are someplace else.

As the Arch Chancellor said "This is about Quantum,  - isn't it."

GEM

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Then again, being constantly in a state of quantum flux sounds boring. Because it's constant. And constants are boring. Hm...

But it varies in the intensity of fluxiness.

There are even ways to control the flux, at the laboratory level.

Doc Brown was apparently on the right track with his Flux Capacitor.

GEM

Iv'e just been Busted by my wife who just figured out that I have something "cooking" in the oven.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Green Eyed Monster said:

But it varies in the intensity of fluxiness.

There are even ways to control the flux, at the laboratory level.

Doc Brown was apparently on the right track with his Flux Capacitor.

GEM

Iv'e just been Busted by my wife who just figured out that I have something "cooking" in the oven.

Hm...sounds a bit more interesting...

Wait, does this mean I can time travel?! That would be AWESOME. Because then I could...see...things.

• Haha 6

My Wife has a Birthday tomorrow.

I have been working on a parchment "treasure map" which is currently in the oven being subjected to various techniques to give it patina and the right sort of crinkliness.

The legend reads as follows:

An hours carriage ride from the Castle of the Mighty Sorcerer Yensid {clue: Disneyland} is the forge and treasure vault of the Artificer Doddridge {clue: CEO and founder of Business}.

Renowned throughout the Golden West {clue: Name of corporation [Golden West Jewelery]} for his skill with Gold and Gems his vaults are filled with many precious things acquired from the Moguls of the Ancient East.

But Doddridge values these treasures less than other men {clue: appraise for double guarantee} for his delight is in the crafting and bestowing of these things.

Seek him near The Kings Highway {clue: Interstate 5, which roughly follows the route of the Spanish El Camino Real through this area} and the shadow of The Colleseum of the Angels {clue: Angels [baseball] Stadium}.

Her gift will be a Diamond Ring of her choice within the range of my means.

GEM

16 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Hm...sounds a bit more interesting...

Wait, does this mean I can time travel?! That would be AWESOME. Because then I could...see...things.

I would recommend The Science of Discworld III - Darwin's Watch

by Terry Pratchett, Ian Stewart and Jack Cohen

for a not too technical discussion of this topic.

Good layman's level discussion of the problems, and possibilities, of Time Travel.

GEM

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

And that reminds me of this commercial:

That's in my home town, and a super fun place to go and visit!

Especially with kids....

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*takes his seat on the Kaleidoscopic Throne* I believe that this is an excellent time to fill House Polychromus with members. :blues:

LORDS OF GLITTER! TO ME!

Loads paint sprayer canons with black paint....

55 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Quantum fluxiness.

When you are here - you are here.

When you aren't here - you are someplace else.

As the Arch Chancellor said "This is about Quantum,  - isn't it."

GEM

And where ever you go, there you are!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*takes his seat on the Kaleidoscopic Throne* I believe that this is an excellent time to fill House Polychromus with members. :blues:

LORDS OF GLITTER! TO ME!

00344065.jpg

Grump knows some strange people! ::P:

1 hour ago, alchemist said:

Heresy makes this one, though it's not exactly a great likeness.

smug005.jpg.ea0d369c9c1f664b86bbab359b354ad0.jpg

That's not a great Riddick, but it is a great figure!

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

Aww... <3 That's awesome!

It is easy to forget that Grump is a manipulative SOB sometimes. (Do I mean that sometimes he's a manipulative SOB, or that I forget that sometimes? YES!)

I get bored while he is at his game, but instead of saying  "Hey! You want to invite Mum over while I'm running the game?" He goes "Here! Have some cheesecake! Share it with your mum!"

Like the Bishop, sometimes he is charmingly diagonal. :rolleyes:

Right now he is putting stuff on his new/used craptop.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Brain weasels have settled down a bit. Still on the up side of things but not so much up that I feel like emptying the bank account. 

In other news, it's very hard to find jelly beans apparently.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Brain weasels have settled down a bit. Still on the up side of things but not so much up that I feel like emptying the bank account. 

In other news, it's very hard to find jelly beans apparently.

There’s a jelly bean shortage? :blink:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Pingo said:

There’s a jelly bean shortage? :blink:

I guess so. Husband has been to two stores and couldn't find any. We need them to help eldest niece with her science project.

• Sad 4

6 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

GEM, that is a pretty awesome treasure map!  I look forward to having that much fun with my husband when we're done having kids at home.  

Thank You.

That is just the legend on the map.

The actual map has more details, such as the path of the Iron Dragons [railroads].

The Silver Woods [local recreational area - Lake Silverwood]

Indications as to which direction to go to find the Holly Woods, the Great River [Colorado], and such places as The New Port [Newport Beach] in order to orient the map.

Plus a bunch of other stuff that help to indicate you are on the right path to the Treasure Vault.

Fun to do.  The more I worked on it the more stuff I wanted to put in.  Finally had to call it good and start the faux aging process.

If I didn't exercise some self control I would be engaged in my faux cartography project the rest of the month.

GEM

Tomorrow - Birthday Cake, Flowers, and Fun

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I guess so. Husband has been to two stores and couldn't find any. We need them to help eldest niece with her science project.

Sounds suspicious.

What with Valentines Day having just passed and Easter upcoming it sounds very suspicious.

So who would want to corner the market on Jelly Beans in the Pacific Northwest?

Could it possibly be some nefarious conspiracy of the Peter Cottontail Gang?

Are their associates the Hamster Wheel Mafia involved?

And where is the Glitter angle in this nefarious conspiracy?

GEM

Inquiring readers want to know

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Crowley said:

Eh, I find I clean the tub at least semi-regularly, if only because I wash the dogs in it, and my bride refuses to use the tub until I clean it after. The shower curtains really could use washing though... 

Eh, I'm single and have cats that aren't allowed in the bathroom because they like to make toilet paper confetti. So the shower doesn't get cleaned often. 

9 hours ago, Crowley said:

Aww... <3 That's awesome!

Just DO IT. Sit down, and slap some liner on something. Paint a rat. A goblin. Pick something simple. Maybe a statue? and just start. You'll feel better. I know I do.

Don't let your dreams be dreams! JUST... DO IT!

- Shia LeBouf, Actual Cannibal.

8 hours ago, Arc 724 said:

So my car stopped working last Thursday. Took it to the repair shop I just had work done on it. They said it was probably the fuel pump and/or timing belt issue. They also informed they would not work on it and I should take it to a dealer ship... Grrr

So I get it towed to my house and call the mechanic I bought the car from. SUPER nice guy. He works on VW's exclusively and after I spoke to him about it he thinks I just need to replace the fuel filter. He gave a parts list and said he will talk me through the operation. 2002 VW Jetta TDI 5-speed Manual. 

Gessh I hope I can get this thing working again. I really don't want to have to sell it and buy another vehicle. I'v rather enjoyed not having a car payment these past few years.

Fuel filters are generally pretty easy to replace, in my experience. Granted, the only one I've ever had to replace was on a 1995 Jeep Cherokee, but it was super simple. The fuel line came of of the tank, then after a short distance it fed into the filter, which was located near one of the rear tires under the car. All you had to do was pinch the fuel line, remove the filter by unplugging it from the two ends of the fuel line and removing a couple bolts that held it to the car, then plug the new one in and replace the bolts.

Get yourself a Haynes repair manual for your car. They're great, and usually only cost about $20-30. They're full of pictures, and are about as close as you can get to an actual manufacturer service manual without spending $500.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1