3 minutes ago, knarthex said:

SO MUCH THIS....

4th'd. 

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I have a hunch that the boredom precedes the drinking and that the drinking has become your default response to being bored.

Need to change that pattern and the boredom problem will begin to resolve itself.

Just some life experience based advice from a concerned friend.

We are friends, aren't we?

GEM

GEM is right. 

*pours @Marvin some tea*

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Seriously kinda looking at driving halfway across the country to buy a '73 Ranchero. If there's somebody here who knows, please tell me what level of crazy I'm unwittingly on.

Unless you're much more confident about a 45 y.o. vehicle (built, please recall, in the depths of the '70s) surviving a drive of 1000 miles or more, I'd recommend bringing a flatbed truck get it home. And even if you are much more confident, 13 mpg or so is going to be expensive.

But hey, maybe it will be an "adventure". Which will give you more stories. About some poor schmo having a tough time a thousand miles from home.

:poke:

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

At least you're not drunk and bored. Y'all leave me in that lurch all the damn time. <_<

If I was drunk and bored, I'd be having more fun, because after a certain point of boredom I always end up with the urge to start breaking things, which would be entertaining. Being sober and bored, I am resisting the urge to break things.

Quite often, resisting the urge to break things results in channeling it into new and interesting Bones conversions, but I don't have the time or suitable materials right now.

So instead, I'm going to go finish off a bag of chips in lieu of actually getting around to eating the dinner I skipped tonight.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Unless you're much more confident about a 45 y.o. vehicle (built, please recall, in the depths of the '70s) surviving a drive of 1000 miles or more, I'd recommend bringing a flatbed truck get it home. And even if you are much more confident, 13 mpg or so is going to be expensive.

But hey, maybe it will be an "adventure". Which will give you more stories. About some poor schmo having a tough time a thousand miles from home.

:poke:

Lol nah I'm not on that level of crazy, at least. We'd be hauling it.

I've had a wild hair... Well. I think I said this already today. Didn't I?

The wild hair really has taken root. Seriously looking at this car for a not-too-bad project.

El Caminos are waaaaay too expensive. They look better, but man. Early-mid 70s Ranchero are pretty sweet-looking at least.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Seriously kinda looking at driving halfway across the country to buy a '73 Ranchero. If there's somebody here who knows, please tell me what level of crazy I'm unwittingly on.

Welcome to my world.

I really want am AMC Gremlin.

Not the 6 cylinder version but one with the small block V-8.

Must have A/C, things and people tend to melt in our area without it.

GEM

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

4th'd. 

GEM is right. 

*pours @Marvin some tea*

Picked up a new black tea this week, Celestial Seasonings Morning Thunder.

The Bison on the label said "You need to try this".

Tasty.  ::):

GEM

• Like 8

I think I’ve noticed a pattern in my good energy and bad energy days, and instead of shrugging it off, I think I need to take steps to reduce the trigger, even if that is going to be a pain in the Broccoli. 

I *like* outside and sunlight. But sun screen, tightly woven clothes, hats, sunglasses, and iv block strategies are likely needed. I’m going to do a test by trying to religiously wear sunscreen and avoid florescent/halogen light as much as possible for 3 weeks.

I will document how I feel every day. Then I’ll go back to doing things the way I’ve usually been doing them, and document how I feel. If I start feeling worse, then I’ll know I am as UV sensitive as my antibodies predict I could be. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Picked up a new black tea this week, Celestial Seasonings Morning Thunder.

The Bison on the label said "You need to try this".

Tasty.  ::):

GEM

That stuff is a favorite for the caffeine hounds that like tea. It is made just a few miles from me. ::D:

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

That stuff is a favorite for the caffeine hounds that like tea. It is made just a few miles from me::D:

Do they have a factory Outlet Store?

GEM

I may have done something "foolish".

Won two lots of Reaper Paints, totaling 130 more to add to my paint collection.

So using Forum Mathematics that makes - 20,  am I right?

GEM

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

GEM

Yes. And tours.

And they're quite close to the Leanin' Tree factory (greeting cards), which has a decent free art museum.

Oh, and there's a game store within a few blocks.

(I used to work in that area.)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

GEM

I may have done something "foolish".

Won two lots of Reaper Paints, totaling 130 more to add to my paint collection.

So using Forum Mathematics that makes - 20,  am I right?

GEM

They have a shop at the factory with all of their current flavors, plus super pretty paraphernalia for the brand. They have very nice art for their tea and use it fully. The tour is super good-smelling. 

Also.... 130 more paints?! *drools*

I'd offer picking up some tea at the factory for you, but I'm not on that side of town often. Our grocery stores carry a decent number of the flavors though. I highly recommend Tension Tamer. Look for the one that has a princess sitting on a dragon for the artwork.   

1 minute ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Yes. And tours.

And they're quite close to the Leanin' Tree factory (greeting cards), which has a decent free art museum.

Oh, and there's a game store within a few blocks.

(I used to work in that area.)

Plus Avery. And some *outstanding* Indian food. Gurkhas is SO GOOD. 

• Like 7

Ah, the joys of terrible water heater drains. I don't know why they always go with small diameter, angled drain valves. They need to do straight line ball valves instead of the stupid, easily clogged crap they do...

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

While trying to extricate my copy of Cross of Iron from the bookshelf it was on to post about it in Bryan's thread, a piece of hard plastic wargaming terrain attempted to murder me by impaling my foot.  Thankfully my catlike dexterity (I fell into the bookcase rather than put my full weight down on the spike attempting to defenestrate the arch of my foot) saved the day.

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

They have a shop at the factory with all of their current flavors, plus super pretty paraphernalia for the brand. They have very nice art for their tea and use it fully. The tour is super good-smelling. 

Also.... 130 more paints?! *drools*

I'd offer picking up some tea at the factory for you, but I'm not on that side of town often. Our grocery stores carry a decent number of the flavors though. I highly recommend Tension Tamer. Look for the one that has a princess sitting on a dragon for the artwork.   

Plus Avery. And some *outstanding* Indian food. Gurkhas is SO GOOD. 

Thank You so much for all the information.

Celestial Seasonings is definitely going on my/our list of places/things to see and do. 

Wife and I both really like Colorado, with Durango being "Mecca" for steam power railfans [such as myself].

Last time I/we rode the train to Silverton [first time for my wife] was about two weeks after EPA caused the big blowout.  The Attendant for our car [I insisted if we were going to make the trip to make it in the First Class Accommodation] is/was a geologist so we had bountiful information on the Southwestern Colorado Geology and a few details about the blowout that weren't general knowledge.

Only downsides were that I was having one of my raging migraine episodes and the coach we were in had a bad rear truck, causing an annoying rhythmic side-sway that only added to my misery.

GEM

13 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Ah, the joys of terrible water heater drains. I don't know why they always go with small diameter, angled drain valves. They need to do straight line ball valves instead of the stupid, easily clogged crap they do...

The accountants insist on the elfing broccoli valves as a cost saving measure.  Most people never know the difference and if the valve needs changing down the line, the heater is probably out of warranty by the time it becomes a problem for the user.

GOOD LUCK in your home maintenance endeavors.

GEM

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

I just really want to play some tabletop games this weekend...

Me too. Couldn't get anybody interested today. Baby was being fussy so my wife and I took turns holding her most of the day. Somehow every time I tried to go paint it was my turn. Tomorrow I need to work but maybe Monday I'll force the kids to do something with me.

• Like 6