Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

2 minutes ago, Jasonator said:

Hvorfor skal derre gjore dette ?  Svart og hvit film er veldig komisk, øg god for hjertet.

Sorry,  just couldn't resist jumping in there !!

Ran this through Babylon and this is what came out:

Hvorfor shell derre gjore dette ? Black og hvit film your courtesy bike, comic øg good for hjertet.

Bebelfish doesn't speak Swedish. ::(:

GEM

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Just got word from one of the kids in the Pathfinder game - Becca Schmalling just became the second kid in the group to start running her own game. ::D:

And since the pirate ship lives at her house, care to guess what kind of game she is planning on running?

The Auld Grump - she is going with 5th edition D&D, not Pathfinder. (So proud, I could just about bust. Nothing says you are doing a good job as GM better than the kids going and running their own games.)

3 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Ran this through Babylon and this is what came out:

Hvorfor shell derre gjore dette ? Black og hvit film your courtesy bike, comic øg good for hjertet.

Bebelfish doesn't speak Swedish. ::(:

GEM

Why do this? Black and white movies are very funny, and good for the heart.

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

it is monday. I am already very done with this week.

You and me both.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Just got word from one of the kids in the Pathfinder game - Becca Schmalling just became the second kid in the group to start running her own game. ::D:

And since the pirate ship lives at her house, care to guess what kind of game she is planning on running?

The Auld Grump - she is going with 5th edition D&D, not Pathfinder. (So proud, I could just about bust. Nothing says you are doing a good job as GM better than the kids going and running their own games.)

Why do this? Black and white movies are very funny, and good for the heart.

The Auld Grump

Kudos on starting another generation on the path of adventure that will provide decades of both fun and stimulation of the imagination.

As for the proper translation of the Swedish statement.

True, very true.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2017 at 7:27 AM, Pingo said:

The Aztecs believed that dead warriors reincarnated as hummingbirds:

shirt-1505060949-bce9533eb47d651818df9d6

(This is from a Threadless t-shirt — Proud Mama / Nepotism alert, it’s my daughter’s design)

Gods... a (Christian) friend on Facebook just sent me a link to 'sharing the lucky hummingbird'.... I just about bust a gut....

luckyhummingbird.png

The Auld Grump

• Haha 10
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Kudos on starting another generation on the path of adventure that will provide decades of both fun and stimulation of the imagination.

True, very true.

GEM

So far there are more girls picking up the job than boys - by two to zero!

The Auld Grump

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

True, very true.

GEM

Thank you for checking the language switch on my part.  You made my day.

I just switched keyboard letters and asked my question, and made that comment.

Usually I end up with English spelling !  ROFL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:
9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

it is monday. I am already very done with this week.

You and me both.

The last couple have hit me good. We decided to head for home late this morning without any shopping because there was a heavy snowfall warning in effect for the town we stayed overnight in but it was "nicer" to the west. Barely made it the 1/2 mile from the hotel to the highway because of the snow on the streets. Then over a hundred miles of not great roads. Cleaning crews had most of the snow plowed but low visibility and high winds. Been on worse, last night for example.

The best part was when we got to our home town. It's real small but we live in the "far" corner. They were blowing snow half way between the highway and our house. There's literally one corner on the drive. The worker (small town connections. His dad was my high school basketball coach and his grandparents live across the street from me) stopped and let me go by. Just past him at out the turn they'd used a grader to plow all the snow into an almost 3 foot high ridge in the middle of the street which is what he was blowing. There was no opening to turn left and no way a mini van was going over that. So we head right and I start looking for somewhere to get onto the opposite side of the ridge. Going up a little hill where they'd already cleared everything I spun out and had to back a block down the hill to get onto a level street.

I figure that by this time he must have made a hole back at the first intersection so I head for it. He had made a hole and it was just wide enough for me to drive through. So at least I'm heading the right direction. Then I realise I have to make a left turn into my driveway. I wasn't expecting to be able to get to the garage but wanted off the street at least. So I head in a loop around the block to try and get there. I see a car stuck right in the middle of the street and go, "Oh,bleep!" Then the wife says if the street was plowed they must have went around the car. She was right but it didn't look that way from a distance. Get to our house and there's at least a foot deep of snow on all of the driveway and over knee deep near the house. 

So I get the baby in the house and then the wife and I dig a path from the garage to the street (about 25 feet) so the older kids and MIL can get into the house. Then me and the oldest spend about half an hour shovelling half the drive way off so I can try to get the van in the garage. It made a pretty high pile on the edge of the driveway. Got lucky and was able to get in the garage the first try. Tomorrow I need to clean the other half so I can get my truck out and go see how bad of a mess I have at the farm. On the way east my farm had way more snow than anywhere else and on the way back only one area was getting heavier snow than here. At least there I can use a tractor for everything instead of a shovel.

3 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Gods... a (Christian) friend on Facebook just sent me a link to 'sharing the lucky hummingbird'.... I just about bust a gut....

luckyhummingbird.png

The Auld Grump

Blood, heart's being ripped out, etc. Sounds like love and romance to me! ::P:

19 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

The brain weasels are winning. 

Today I've tried:

-Painting

-Fresh air

-Exercise

I think I need to just go curl up and eat cake and watch anime. ::(:

Pick a happy one! I've been watching too much depressing anime lately and tht's definitely not what you need.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Jasonator said:

Thank you for checking the language switch on my part.  You made my day.

I just switched keyboard letters and asked my question, and made that comment.

Usually I end up with English spelling !  ROFL.

Jay, I've missed your little linguistic exercises!  I can't speak Swedish, but I can decode it if it's written.  Mostly.  

@Zink, glad you all made it home safely.  I really don't miss proper Canadian winters.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

William Devane and a hairless Carl Weathers as retired police detectives in this episode.

10/10 would watch concept as its own series.

• Like 4

I've killed some threads in my time, but it always comes as a surprise...

Anywho. Franka Potente sighting!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I have a king bed. I'm sleeping on one side. Like, it's uncomfortable sleeping across the whole thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6