Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

For whatever reason, I keep thinking Pingo lives in the same geographic vicinity as Little Blueberry. (I know this is wrong however.)

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Unruly said:

Maybe. But I prefer generals who don't physically abuse their men and threaten to have them shot(or shoot them themselves) because they've got PTSD. Also, he was more than a bit anti-semitic, saying that shell shock/PTSD was "an invention of the Jews" and that "Jews are lower than animals."

Personally, I like Ike. He may have been a bureaucrat, but he was a damn good one...

Not a Patton fan myself. I'm not sure the good he did was worth the bad. Others may have been able to do as well in his position. He'll always be a controversial character along with Monty but they both got the job done. I often think Ike doesn't get enough credit. He wasn't a front line general but I think he was a huge part of holding the hole shmozzle together and balancing the prima donnas, workhorses and bad generals.

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

lol I was thinking of that dumb song that says they want a love like Romeo and Juliet had. Orly? You want to know each other less than a week, sleep together once, then kill yourselves over miscommunication? Like, okay, but I'll just sit here with my happy, boring elf relationship and kill digital monsters with my hubby. Drama-rama-ding-dong.

If you weren't already taken I think I'd be in love now! :rolleyes: I had an exciting relationship when I was younger. It was intense, fun and nasty at the same time. Glad I had it because it taught me what I really wanted was stability and commitment not drama. Got enough stupidity and drama from the outside at times. Like that for the most part home is quiet and a place to hide from the outside.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

The movie version of The Beverly Hillbillies has been surprisingly and disappointingly difficult to track down, this morning. Alas.

If you mean the newer one form the 90s (I think) it's available on Netflix if you have it.

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

(Purple) I love my job (Purple)

Signs on the highway: winter storm alert, avoid travel.

Only another 180 miles to go.

Lovely.

<_<

As a guy who just did about 300 miles on nasty winter roads I sympathise. I hope you make it through no problems.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Zink said:

If you mean the newer one form the 90s (I think) it's available on Netflix if you have it.

Aren't you in Canuckistan, I seem to recall?

It doesn't appear to be available here in the States. Alas.

• Like 3

Yeah, I forgot that Netflix shows different stuff here.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Zink said:

Yeah, I forgot that Netflix shows different stuff here.

Wow, for once we have something they don't.  Usually it's the other way around, or we have to wait 8-9 months before getting it up here... 

• Like 3

I'm not real hot on y'all's socialized medicine, but kudos on how your streaming services are treating you.

I've wound up watching Idiocracy today and now am partway through The Mask of Zorro. The latter has been kind of a pain because the Aussie won't stop barking at all the horses. x_x

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was actually first subjected to Beverly Hillbillies only a few days ago by my wife.

I'll never call it good, but it was not actually near as bad as I was expecting it to be.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Wow, for once we have something they don't.  Usually it's the other way around, or we have to wait 8-9 months before getting it up here... 

Lately, US has been losing a bunch of things due to licensing competition between Hulu and Netflix...since Netflix doesn't like to share the licenses. So, for almost everything I watch, I have to use Hulu or Crunchyroll now, even though I have all three. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, FaekiasDracon said:

So Mr&Mrs. Bond instead of Mr&Mrs. Smith?

At Border's we used to play a game, making up stories about our regulars.

We decided that Grump was a retired secret agent, Bond style, because he would go from jingling and thumping as he browsed the books to dead silent when he was after something specific, like he was forgetting to make noise.

Duncan STILL calls Grump Commander Bond once in a while.

But we BOTH love Mr. & Mrs. Smith. It IS a romantic comedy, but with two bad broccoli characters, that are just a bit murdery. YES autocorrupt, MURDERY is the word I want! A DARK romantic comedy! :devil:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

47 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Lately, US has been losing a bunch of things due to licensing competition between Hulu and Netflix...since Netflix doesn't like to share the licenses. So, for almost everything I watch, I have to use Hulu or Crunchyroll now, even though I have all three. 

Ahhhhhh.  I honestly don't know if we have Hulu up here or not.  We pay for Crunchy (which is terrible compared to US one but that's life) and Netflix.  We used to have Funimation as well, but decided to let that subscription lapse. 

We also have Spotify Family which is lovely.  We'd have YouTube Red but Google has been in tease mode for three years about that, so I've pretty much given up on that. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pingo said:

People lose sight of the fact that Romeo and Juliet is not a love story!

It’s a cautionary tale, just what it says on the label, “The Most Excellent and Lamentable Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet”.

(Here’s an eight-minute explanation from my eldest:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RTZDmaAf4SI

Sure it's a love story!

One of those Greek ones, where love makes everything WORSE!

By the way, NEVER see Disney's Hercules with Grump.

Just DON'T!

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

I am getting ready to tell the company I do contract tech support for that I'm going to lunch and not coming back....

• Confused 4
  • Sad 3

Romeo and Juliet, a dramatic summary:

"Whoah, she's hot"

"Whoah, he's hot"

*pants fall, everybody dies*

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

16 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I used to like that song, until a friend of mine told me to actually listen to the lyrics that I was singing along to. ...I don't like that song anymore. :wacko:

Huzzah!     

--OneBoot :D 

Grump did that to me with the Christmas song Scarlet Ribbons.

It gets downright creepy when you think about it. :unsure:

He did a parody of it once, with a Peter Lorre voice. If you live to be ten thousand, you will never know from where, came the ribbons, these scarlet ribbons, scarlet ribbons for her hair.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2