Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Swung by the game store for the first time in a while. The hunt for a game is on again. I needs it. Long list of people looking to play. Need DMs. Gonna print a flyer and run it up tomorrow. See if I can lure some hapless souls to the table.

Eh. Why is meeting people so hard for me.

... Meanwhile, in this episode of Psych the guys have been dressed in a seagull mascot costume. Aussie saw it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she's fussing now.

• Like 8

Thank you for the trip down "memory lane, and other absurdities".

I was reading the musical commentary, and realizing that I never heard any of it.

I know none of the songs that you were mentioning.  Felt a bit awkward.

I was trying to figure out where the heck was I..."had to be somewhere".. when it dawned on me.

On 18 June 1994 O. J. Simpson drove his white Vehicle up the Santa Monica Freeway

with a pile of cops "chasing" him.  I got so disgusted with the reporting and footage that

I went and unplugged my television set, and dropped it two stories into a garbage dumpster.

I haven't owned a TV set since then.  Don't look at "Television".  I do have a huge monitor on my

computer though.  I think 24 years ago it was the most brilliant thing I personally have done.

It opened up a totally different world of education, and caused me to read a wide variety of Newspapers.

I don't Think I have missed the TV any.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Jasonator said:

Thank you for the trip down "memory lane, and other absurdities".

I was reading the musical commentary, and realizing that I never heard any of it.

I know none of the songs that you were mentioning.  Felt a bit awkward.

I was trying to figure out where the heck was I..."had to be somewhere".. when it dawned on me.

On 18 June 1994 O. J. Simpson drove his white Vehicle up the Santa Monica Freeway

with a pile of cops "chasing" him.  I got so disgusted with the reporting and footage that

I went and unplugged my television set, and dropped it two stories into a garbage dumpster.

I haven't owned a TV set since then.  Don't look at "Television".  I do have a huge monitor on my

computer though.  I think 24 years ago it was the most brilliant thing I personally have done.

It opened up a totally different world of education, and caused me to read a wide variety of Newspapers.

I don't Think I have missed the TV any.

That is precisely when I stopped watching TV news. The world is big and a lot is always happening, yet none of the news channels could find a single thing to report on anywhere in the world except that one story, not even the 24 hour news channels, which you would think might have a little thirty-second slot somewhere in the day or night to spare for news of, oh, Africa or Europe or Asia or South America, politics or economics or law or culture, or indeed anything but that single news story.

I still watch TV because just when it looked like my demographic would never be catered to, fantasy and sci fi returned. I rarely watch anything broadcast, though.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OneBoot said:

That's what aprons are for! ::): Though granted, that won't protect your foot when you drop a boiling glob of spaghetti sauce on it, but it helps most of the time. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I love it so much that someone else mentioned this before I did. You people are Awesome! :bday:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Megan tells me, sometimes, that the answer is to paint naked.

The Auld Grump - that's her answer to a lot of problems actually - but I have convinced her it is a bad idea when cooking. ::P:

I decided to cook naked a couple of weeks ago. Then I noticed that what I was cooking was a Jamie Oliver dish...

• Haha 5

I will be truly sad when this man is gone. Greatest ham of all time possibly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

I think it was a kind of sunny nihilism. It’s the ‘80s. Reagan and Thatcher are in charge. The Soviet Union is an untoppable juggernaut (so far as most of us knew at the time). “Blade Runner” is our future. We’re all going to die in a radioactive wasteland. Let’s sing.

“99 Red Balloons”was sarcasm, as I recall it.

I'm a child of the eighties. Born in the seventies but the 80s were when I grew up. Burst out laughing reading this "We’re all going to die in a radioactive wasteland. Let’s sing." Where are my spiky leather clothes and scrap welded together cars? Ok not into spikes and most of the equipment I work with is scrap welded together so maybe I'm not so far off. Still think I prefer that than some of the push button technology I work with. Push button, nothing happens, well how do I fix it? Give me gears to grind and actual mechanical parts any day.

27 minutes ago, Keianna said:

I love it so much that someone else mentioned this before I did. You people are Awesome! :bday:

Word of advice. Never fry bacon naked. In high school I was doing it with a button up shirt that was wide open. Still have a few tiny splatter marks on the belly over 25 years later. Not a biggy for me because I've got small burn and scratch marks nearly everywhere from fencing and welding.

• Like 9

On 5/11/2015 at 8:58 PM, pcktlnt said:

*rubs chin bottom of bill* Interesting. I shall have to explore this concept.

FTFY

@pcktlnt

also for you muppet fans....

bet #1 blows your mind!

Was an awesome episode...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Well now, what I thought was a decent amount of greenstuff (probably 7-7.5" of an 8" strip)....  Yeah, not quite enough.  two 60mm bases and six 25mm bases, poof, no more greenstuff that's thawed.  Really really REALLY liking these stamps though!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, knarthex said:

FTFY

@pcktlnt

also for you muppet fans....

bet #1 blows your mind!

Was an awesome episode...

Quoted from 2015? Are you time traveling? Can you fast forward the night by 6.5 hours so I can go home.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7