Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

14 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump

Megan tells me, sometimes, that the answer is to paint naked.

The Auld Grump - that's her answer to a lot of problems actually - but I have convinced her it is a bad idea when cooking. ::P:

I was told you should always fry bacon naked, that way you make sure that you cook slowly and the fat doesn't spit!

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, Zink said:

Word of advice. Never fry bacon naked. In high school I was doing it with a button up shirt that was wide open. Still have a few tiny splatter marks on the belly over 25 years later. Not a biggy for me because I've got small burn and scratch marks nearly everywhere from fencing and welding.

Yeah, dealing with hot spattering grease while being less than fully clothed can be...uncomfortably painful. :unsure: If I have a lot of frying to do, I tend to wear long sleeves and gloves to minimize the little stinging splatters all over my hands and arms. 

Huzzah!       

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 9

For some reason work went from 11am opening to closed for the day while I cleared off the car. 

I guess I'm lucky I checked again. 

• Like 8

Wasn't as busy here as I thought you'd all be. Must be playing 1H1L?

Getting ready for the next business trip. This one gets dirty. Have had a nerve wracking week, with multiple two and three hour meetings to prove to a couple mil in salary that I know what I'm doing, I can get good test data, and we don't have to cancel the test, which is another couple mil to redo. Yikes! But everything seems to be doing well now, and next Wednesday I will be in a desert in the Southwest watching nearly 30 tons of equipment get pulled out of the back of a C-17. With at least five chase planes recording video and still pictures. Which helps explain why it was so expensive.

If all goes well, my stuff will blow off a cover to let the parachutes out, and while everybody watches the main vehicle, my eye is on the cover and where it impacts the ground. After digging it out of the crater, the data recorder is my job for the next few weeks. Millions and millions of lines of data, and Excel will be screaming from the torture.

What will be torture for me is that I bought One Hour One Life last night, and won't get to play again for nearly two weeks! A cartoonish persistent multiplayer game where you get one hour to live, and age one year for every minute you survive until carousel at 60. The YouTuber that got me hooked on it called it Child Starvation Simulator, and its a true description. You are born in a multiplayer world, and cannot do anything the first two minutes other than breast feed and follow your mother, who is another player. If they are a good player, you have a good chance of surviving. Mom out in the wilderness, or group low on food?

You died of starvation, age 0!

Repeat four or five times, and you might get to 3, when you can start picking things up. Farm carrots, help the family, and you could grow old. Most people are naked, and it takes quite a bit to make fur clothes. If a female character (you don't get to choose!), births just happen, and the baby is another player. No NPCs! I managed to make it to 58 before I stupidly set off without enough food and starved to death.

The creator says that there are more than 10k craftable items. I managed to provide a whopping total of three new baskets for the family over that life. Since you can carry one thing (food, baby, sharp rock), a basket means one can do a lot more. The whole point of the game is to try to advance civilization, and I hear some people are frustrated because it's been 10,000 game years and everybody is still in the stone age. Didn't have the heart to tell them.

And to my babies that I let starve because I didn't have enough food for both of us, I apologize. I did use your bones to make needles though, so be happy! I'm sure one of your great grate great grand nieces are happy for the pants that maybe someone was eventually able to make.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

Is this the same simulation we're supposed to be living in according to some scientists?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Ah, sleeping blissfully late while the inbox fills with soul-crushing rejections and reminders of my soul-crushing debt.

05onfire1_xp-master768-v2.jpg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Zink said:

Still think I prefer that than some of the push button technology I work with. Push button, nothing happens, well how do I fix it? Give me gears to grind and actual mechanical parts any day.

Hit it with something big and heavy; hammers and wrenches are good choices. Swearing at it helps, too.::D:

• Haha 10

23 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Sure it's a love story!

One of those Greek ones, where love makes everything WORSE!

By the way, NEVER see Disney's Hercules with Grump.

Just DON'T!

So, I didn't get to watch a lot of movies growing up, for Reasons. Most of the time when I saw a movie it was the network premier! We didn't get a VCR until a few years before the format was basically dead, and even then, we didn't actually get a lot of movies, my dad just used it to record shows. 

So, I didn't actually see Hercules until a couple years ago. Which is weird, because I looooooove mythology. 

But, yeah. That movie was straight up WEIRD! Like, Heracles is Hera's son? Hahahaha! She's worried about him? Hahahaha! Hades is evil? Bwuahahaha! Though, he was actually my favorite, along with the Muses.

Yeah, it's weird.

5 hours ago, paintybeard said:

I was told you should always fry bacon naked, that way you make sure that you cook slowly and the fat doesn't spit!

The answer here is to not fry bacon, but to bake it. 

(I've been watching a lot of Overly Sarcastic videos, and everything I read is in Red's voice. It's a bit weird :lol: )

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Warning - language, butt. Hidden in a link, hidden behind a spoiler

Link - Here

The Auld Grump

We had snow last night, but, as the actress said to the bishop, I don't think that was eighteen inches.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
Image removed due to profanity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

Had to go Downtowntm today, it gets more depressing every time.

But I got my banking problem sorted, had a burger and found a copy of Ash Vs The Evil Dead Season 1 for £1, so I'm calling it a win.

• Like 7

Please rate the lameness of the following flyer design on a scale of "too embarrassing  to live" to "embarrassing but okay":

flyer.png

• Like 8

I hate thieves. The real life ones, not the RPG ones.  I'm not a violent person but they task me.

See the Kickstarter forum for the reason for my current pique.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1