Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

:siiiiiiiiggghhhhhhh: Last night Old Cat bit Hubby. And not like a little nip, or even a meant-to-be-a-nip-but-I'm-an-idiot. No, it was an I'm-gonna-eat-you bite. There was much blood. But we cleaned it and bandaged it up. And hoped.

Well, of course, hope ignores the heck out of us and Hubby has red lines running down his finger. So when he gets home I'm taking him to the local clinic, so they can help. 

Ideally, this would be his super hero origin story, but considering the cat in question is an idiot, I don't think he'd want his powers :rolleyes:

Superhero Power for "Cat Bit Man":  Radiates a field that causes the IQ and reasoning ability of all within range to drop by 20 I.Q. points while within range.  Does not affect CBM.

GEM

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Unruly said:

I pretty much gave up on relationships after high school because of drama. It didn't help that because I was an awkward nerd in redneckistan I had practically no ability to find a girlfriend, but then the one I did find was an emotionally abusive broccoli. And while I was riding sky high during the relationship, it all came crashing down at the end when I realized what was going on. And that was when my heart turned black.

So yea, I've been single since, oh, late 2006. Because I just stopped caring about much of anything. I don't actively seek any kind of relationship anymore, and I just figure if it happens it happens. Every time I've ever dared to get my hopes up they've been sent hurtling back down shortly after, so I've kind of trained myself to just not give a crap.

And it sort of works. Kinda. My friends tell me it killed my self-worth, but I say it just makes it clear that I am insignificant and useless.

I could go there right now myself except I'm already married with kids. They keep me sane and somewhat sociable when they aren't driving me crazy. Grew up with a large extended family and had them turn rabid over the last many years. Now I hardly talk to any of them even the ones I like and get along with. Some days being a hermit sounds like fun.

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Hit it with something big and heavy; hammers and wrenches are good choices. Swearing at it helps, too.::D:

That's my preferred method of fixing anything but I've been informed that it may not be the best with electronics.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Vikings - With bad English Accents.  :lol:

GEM

Errr... that was filmed in England, those are real bad English accents.... It's a BBC show....

Here, have some Germans with English accents -

*EDIT* For the record, some of the worst fake English accents are done by English people... they even created one just for stage... Mummerset

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Zink said:

I could go there right now myself except I'm already married with kids. They keep me sane and somewhat sociable when they aren't driving me crazy. Grew up with a large extended family and had them turn rabid over the last many years. Now I hardly talk to any of them even the ones I like and get along with. Some days being a hermit sounds like fun.

That's my preferred method of fixing anything but I've been informed that it may not be the best with electronics.

Kids will drive you crzy but they somehow keep you from going insane.

In the Navy they took away our 8 oz. ball pein hammers because to many of the younger/less experienced techs didn't have a well developed sense of how to use a "delicate tuning instrument" and were inflicting too much case damage on replaceable electronics units.

We eventually got our hammers back when it was determined that non-marking. non-sparking boot soles were causing even more damage.  It is much harder to control the applied force of a steel toed boot held in the hand and used as a poor substitute for a hammer than it is a tool specifically designed to be used as a hammer.

GEM

Who long ago learned that the heel of a hand smartly applied to the appropriate area of the case of a recalcitrant piece of electronics will often cause the infernal device to start behaving in an acceptable manner.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

That legit sounds fun to me. IDK why.

10 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Strike me pink. This is a GAME?

It is fun, and it is a game. Hope to be able to play for maybe a half hour tonight, then a week away. I imagine I’ll get the shakes somewhere over Gunnison. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Errr... that was filmed in England, those are real bad English accents.... It's a BBC show....

Here, have some Germans with English accents -

*EDIT* For the record, some of the worst fake English accents are done by English people... they even created one just for stage... Mummerset

The Auld Grump

Uniforms by Hugo Boss

GEM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hmm, doesn't look like Megan has popped online here at all today - heading home, I hope we got power back.... (Her Fire was charging when I left... or would have been, if we had, you know, any electricity....)

Looking at the power outage map... nope, it's gonna be dark when I get home - I'd better get some candles.

The Auld Grump

• Sad 8

Flyer deployed.

Good exchange of 2nd Edition war stories with the guy running the place.

Fingers crossed!

• Like 9

So apparently one of the road closures I ran into today wasn't because of snow, someone's car touched a live wire and they got electrocuted/burned/exploded. Seems like a messy way to go.

• Sad 9

11 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

That legit sounds fun to me. IDK why.

Probably because you and most of the folks playing the game are a bit young to have gotten heavily involved in The Sims...

There's a certain point where it stops being fun having your people die from random stuff or for no discernible reason at all, and just becomes frustrating/boring.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Husband’s finger is decidedly red, with the redness snaking down his hand. We’re waiting at the clinic to be seen right now though. 

Darn nasty cat mouth.

When my now-20-year-old was 9 he got bitten by a neighborhood dog on his way home from school.  The doctor said that cat bites were much worse than dog bites, so ever since I've treated cat-related injuries with antibiotic ointment.  I'm glad he's seeing a doctor.  

• Like 7