Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Getting one's area organized is boring.  I'd so rather be doing... Probably one of two dozen other things, but...  At the same time, I'll FINALLY have all of the paints in one area, this and that on another, etc...

...Oh, and a good portion of the floor around my desk back too.  That'll definitely be worth it.

I need to do this desperately. It might happen today since I'm going to paint day tomorrow and have no idea what I want to work on.

We played Basic Expert today thus starting a new campaign. Much enjoyment was had, I died, everyone wants to do it again.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I need to do this desperately. It might happen today since I'm going to paint day tomorrow and have no idea what I want to work on.

We played Basic Expert today thus starting a new campaign. Much enjoyment was had, I died, everyone wants to do it again.

I'm still working on it (took a break to make supper), but it's a decent sized dent.  Biggest thing was getting all the paints together and then sorting them, that took a while. 

Floor will take some time, simply because it's a mix-mash of the ten packages I've gotten in the past two weeks and I haven't figured out a good way to store it all yet. 

The "really fun" part will be cleaning up my benching area, which kind of became a dumping ground for.... Everything.... After Team Cup finished.  And it's been collecting odds and ends for several months now. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm still working on it (took a break to make supper), but it's a decent sized dent.  Biggest thing was getting all the paints together and then sorting them, that took a while. 

Floor will take some time, simply because it's a mix-mash of the ten packages I've gotten in the past two weeks and I haven't figured out a good way to store it all yet. 

The "really fun" part will be cleaning up my benching area, which kind of became a dumping ground for.... Everything.... After Team Cup finished.  And it's been collecting odds and ends for several months now. 

This will probably be the hardest thing. I need to get another caddy or a rack for the rest of my paints that don't fit in the two caddies I already have. The ones that aren't in caddies are just hanging out in a box. And then organizing them will be a whole other level of work. Especially since I plan on making a big paint order soon. >.<

• Like 5

Need to go through my Bones 2 box before purchasing any Bones, turns out several of my recent purchases were just sitting around the closet already paid for.

Not that I wouldn’t mind painting another Marilith, and maybe avoiding all the first time mistakes...

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sophie was taken said:

Need to go through my Bones 2 box before purchasing any Bones, turns out several of my recent purchases were just sitting around the closet already paid for.

Not that I wouldn’t mind painting another Marilith, and maybe avoiding all the first time mistakes...

I see the Internet is stuttering again.

>-<

I just checked my tea mug, which is a ceramic mug with a [theoretically] white glazed interior.

You can brew tea in it by just adding hot water - no tea/teabag, just water.

I think I need to clean my mug a little more frequently.

GEM

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, djizomdjinn said:

Accidentally left the stove on. -_-

I'm lucky that a) I have an electric stove and b) I wasn't doing anything other than boiling water on it.

I think the pot is ruined though.

That's usually how I get new buckets to strip my minis in...

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

This will probably be the hardest thing. I need to get another caddy or a rack for the rest of my paints that don't fit in the two caddies I already have. The ones that aren't in caddies are just hanging out in a box. And then organizing them will be a whole other level of work. Especially since I plan on making a big paint order soon. >.<

I'm already looking into that kind of thing myself, although because of a different reason...  Hubby likes the current paint rack, but wishes it was a tad taller.  My initial though?  Okay, I'll order two of the Impudent Mortal shelves then, which will add another 88 spots for dropper bottles (since the top rack would be covered by the wall mount case we have atm), or if we want it slightly lower, the paint pot racks (which would allow for 44 paint pots).  I'm leaning more towards the dropper bottles, simply because of my own personal preference, plus I know I'm going to be filling this current rack sometime this year (I'm guessing by Q3 at the latest, doubly so since my Warcolours order will be 33 at least (metallics set + technical gems), and then another 20 at least from Secret Weapon (wave one weathering acrylics + at least five washes - if I were to go all in, it's another 60 dropper bottles), and I also wouldn't mind trying out stuff from Scale 75). 

Sure, right now I have 60 spots left give or take (75/135 taken) but given that I have more Bones and HD paints to pick up still (not to mention various core ones I'd love to get my paws on still), plus all the previously mentioned ones...  I might want those extra 88 spots sooner than later. 

As for sorting the paints, I was surprised at how it was a relatively quick thing...  But I did group them into various colours first (greys, blues/purples, greens, yellows/oranges/reds, metallics, specialized, and browns), and then used the lower three racks of the foam in the LTPK case to flip them upside down into, then the first row to rapidly eyeball the hues.  Made it relatively easy(ish) to get them close to how I wanted. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Gypsy wagon!

It's proper name is a vardo, which, aside from sounding neat, is good if you have a neat wagon and are not Romani. I just love them, because they're so colourful and lovely. I'm going to try to do it justice.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Wife supposedly hitting the road in the morning after not being able to get here today. I am... skeptical.

In better news, got a text tonight about getting a game going! A text to tell me to call them back... I am not the only awkward turd in this business at least lol. Hopefully this is the good start.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Sophie was taken said:

Hello, Sailor.

are you propositioning them???????:blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Crap. I'd forgotten. Phone updates itself and the alarm will be on time in the morning either way and all, but still.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Crap. I'd forgotten. Phone updates itself and the alarm will be on time in the morning either way and all, but still.

I've got one clock [on the stove] plus watches to change.

When this [now] nonsense started 100 years ago it made sense.

Now, we have a statistical data base that demonstrates what this twice annual "messing" with peoples internal clocks does.

There will be more traffic accidents and more industrial foul-ups next week, strictly attributable to the time change.

Which really isn't a "time change" but a "clock change".

GEM

• Like 6