On 11/7/2017 at 9:04 AM, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.d4449e814450ebc3fdd2b9ba90cabdf3.png

Our dog cuddles one of the cats....

The Auld Grump - the Khatt that Megan first described to me as 'Doesn't like anybody'....

• Like 9

Hi all.

Just arrived at Tokyo Haneda.  We are tired but happy. It is sunny though partially cloudy. 12 degrees. Will meet my host mum again. Looking forward to it.

Pics later of you want me to present some.

Rhini-kun already hooked up two stewardesses and a guy at the customs(!)

Man. Forget about all that teddy bear stuff. Next time I'm reborn I need to become a plush rhino.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 12
  • Haha 4

Back safe and sound from the science fiction convention.  Tired, but happy, and in possession of some good new books and a steampunk bolero shrug.

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

There is a movie out there, name long forgotten - at least by me - where our hero leaps out of the water, firing a flintlock....

And GW used to have a miniature for a flintlock being fired 'gangsta style' - sideways, so that the primer will fall out, and the gun won't fire....

The Auld Grump

In at least one movie I saw, the protagonist had a fairly typical semi-auto pistol and the bad guy gets the jump on him. He racks the slide, then drops the mag out of the pistol.

I so wanted him to then shoot the bad guy, since the gun would have had one round up the pipe, but it was clear that nobody on that set who could comment had any clue about how firearms work. He just set the pistol down and kicked it away.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

Looks at: 

minis in living room;

white minis all over game room;

minis in kitchen soaking for redo;

T'Rakzul needing greenstuff to fill gap in leg, hmm requires sharpish tool, reviewing various bandaids on hands & fingers.

Plugs in kindle.

Goes to safe place.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Water heater flushing is complete! It's been heating for a good half hour now. In another 45 minutes or so, I'll have ample hot water!

• Like 15

Back to judging the merits of the various houses.

House Forum mom - even though I often act like Mr Mom not sure this one suits me. I play with toys and hang around here to escape reality.

House Polychromatus - All about getting your shiny on. Use as many colours as many ways as you can. Sounds cool but might be more suitable to what my oldest did years ago. He looked at some of his first paint jobs and asked me, "What was I thinking?" I told him I wasn't about limiting his options.

House Procrastinus - never need to worry about ever completing anything. Sounds good because I still have minis from the 80s I haven't painted. On the down side I'm actually working at finishing something, anything.

House Figmentius - the collectors dream. All about owning it even if you never look at it. Might work because I've got thousands of minis in two houses. Some have been painted but there's a growing number that have never been played with.

House Frogwarts - home of the mad scientists. Joy from conversion and mutilation. I love kit bashing but don't do a lot of hard core conversions. I've also heard that you need to be very careful if Froggy the Great asks you for a hand. You never know where he's going to put it or what you'll get in it's place.

House Tabletop - not the prettiest, not the biggest but possibly the most active. Almost everything I have was bought with the intention of it seeing use on the table. They may not win painting contests but they look ok doing what they do. If I had the rule some people do about unpainted minis not being played with I think I might have had 10 games in my life.

Anybody I'm missing here? I'm not as familiar with some of the smaller houses lurking around.

I successfully painted for a bit today! ::o: Would've done more but a nap ambushed me this afternoon. There's still hope for after supper. Work day ended up being short and easy. Had to pull two hunters out of a snowbank. Seriously I think they found the only snow on the farm deep enough to get stuck in and they had a tiny old SUV. Painted, napped. If somebody feeds me soon I might be in heaven.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zink said:

Back to judging the merits of the various houses.

House Forum mom - even though I often act like Mr Mom not sure this one suits me. I play with toys and hang around here to escape reality.

House Polychromatus - All about getting your shiny on. Use as many colours as many ways as you can. Sounds cool but might be more suitable to what my oldest did years ago. He looked at some of his first paint jobs and asked me, "What was I thinking?" I told him I wasn't about limiting his options.

House Procrastinus - never need to worry about ever completing anything. Sounds good because I still have minis from the 80s I haven't painted. On the down side I'm actually working at finishing something, anything.

House Figmentius - the collectors dream. All about owning it even if you never look at it. Might work because I've got thousands of minis in two houses. Some have been painted but there's a growing number that have never been played with.

House Frogwarts - home of the mad scientists. Joy from conversion and mutilation. I love kit bashing but don't do a lot of hard core conversions. I've also heard that you need to be very careful if Froggy the Great asks you for a hand. You never know where he's going to put it or what you'll get in it's place.

House Tabletop - not the prettiest, not the biggest but possibly the most active. Almost everything I have was bought with the intention of it seeing use on the table. They may not win painting contests but they look ok doing what they do. If I had the rule some people do about unpainted minis not being played with I think I might have had 10 games in my life.

Anybody I'm missing here? I'm not as familiar with some of the smaller houses lurking around.

There are only four official Houses. The others are single-member free-agents. Asking to join one of those will get a puzzled Kaiju.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Just now, Sophie was taken said:

Chili is infectious -_-. Unfortunately, it will have to wait til tomorrow here, oh well.

It will happen!

I accidentally (ahem) made too much already.. half of the meat/spice base is now in the freezer and the other half is in the crockpot ready to simmer overnight for dinner tomorrow!

• Like 7

Mmm, chili DOES sound good. I think we've even got all the ingredients for it (the regular version, as opposed to the Mexican-inspired version). 

However, I made a giant pot of "OneBoot's Accidentally Awesome Minestrone-ish Soup" just a few days ago, so most of the tupperware we own is full of delicious soup. Perhaps later this week, chili will happen. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Do it! Do it! Do it!

I very likely would have been Polychromus if that had been a full option. ALL THE COLORS. 

Also: sushi is yummy. Sir Cyr and I had sushi. It was good. 

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

There are only four official Houses. The others are single-member free-agents. Asking to join one of those will get a puzzled Kaiju.

My house is more of an interdimensional space, really...

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Pizza. Coffee-Nut M&M's. Reese's Peanut-Butter Cup. All I have eaten today.

See you at the 'beetus clinic!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1