Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Yeah, if you work graveyard you loose an hours pay, too.

Gonna head down to Vancouver in a couple hours to help my brother unload his moving truck. He better have amazing pizza :rolleyes:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Sophie was taken said:

I want my hour back <_<

Ugh, me too. And tomorrow will be worse. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, knarthex said:

Dst can just [redacted] my [redacted]!!!

Filling in the words for your redacted words. DST is already doing that. ^.^

• Haha 9

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Sophie was taken said:

I want my hour back <_<

Sorry

You kindly government is holding it in escrow for you until the fall.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/7/2018 at 4:29 PM, Xiwo Xerase said:

I consider "Possession" by Sarah McLachlan, a comparable creepy song, a guilty pleasure.  It's a good song but a crappy subject matter.

On the subject of music, what was up with the '80's and irresponsibly cheery songs about disasters, nuclear holocausts, etc. (for example, "99 Red Balloons" and "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades")?

Part of it is people not knowing what the song is about....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_Brixton_riot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_Brixton_riot

Out in the streets there is violence....

Turned out that changing the sus laws was... a poor decision.

The Auld Grump

11 hours ago, redambrosia said:

It's proper name is a vardo, which, aside from sounding neat, is good if you have a neat wagon and are not Romani. I just love them, because they're so colourful and lovely. I'm going to try to do it justice.

Thank you!

I couldn't, for the life of me, remember the proper name!

The Auld Grump

• Like 3

At Gulf Wars. 15-16 hours on the road, over half of that with me driving. Currently been awake for about 28 hours or so. Still don't have my tent set up because organization here is a cluster. Not really anyone's fault except mother nature, though. A bunch of areas where tents had been planned to go are unusable thanks to brush that has grown up in the last year that the planners for our area didn't know about. So we're having to basically redraw the previous map as we go.

Also, it just started raining. And it's a hard rain. But we did get some of the good fire ant poison, bifenthrin granules, down, and we've got more coming. The rain should help it get into the ground, meaning it will kill the ants better. We're going to turn this area into a fire ant genocide site in short order. Because they need to die. It'll also kill fleas, ticks, and just about every other insect that comes across it. And so long as we don't accidentally eat the stuff by the spoonful, the worst it should do is make your skin tingle if you accidentally touch it.

• Like 11

15 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Getting one's area organized is boring.  I'd so rather be doing... Probably one of two dozen other things, but...  At the same time, I'll FINALLY have all of the paints in one area, this and that on another, etc...

...Oh, and a good portion of the floor around my desk back too.  That'll definitely be worth it.

I'm getting really close to needing to do this. The surface of the desk is actually in really good shape, but the stuff on the floor around the desk has been expanding...

9 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

It hasn't even happened yet, but geez I hate Daylight Savings Time.  <_< 

QFT.

Based on my calculations, I've got about 15 years worth of daylight saved up; I think I'd like to take 5 years of that as back pay, another 5 years as vacation, and I'll hang on to the last 5 years. Let's get the paperwork on that started posthaste, ok?

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'm getting really close to needing to do this. The surface of the desk is actually in really good shape, but the stuff on the floor around the desk has been expanding...

The living room felt... Weird this morning when I walked into it after a night's sleep, but then I saw my paint in the rack, and smiled.

Another thing that smiled was the fact that IFHT Films put out a new short, titled "The Nature of Millenials".  It's even better because they got David Suzuki in on it.

• Like 2