Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

9 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Fortunately, @Zink and I are from the Land Outside of Time. :blues:

I didn't have DST when I was a kid, but the times for all the tv shows changed because the rest of the province changed their clocks.  :rolleyes: It really irritates you more to change all your clocks when you remember a better way.   

And I outsmarted myself, I set an alarm for an hour early because I didn't think my Fitbit would auto adjust in time, but then it did so I lost yet another hour of sleep.  :grr: 

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

4 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Songs about vikings, you say?

Alright:

some of the people in this band also work for the Swedish company Grimfrost.....

Selling viking style products...

Good customer service and quality goods....

I have bought stuff from them.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That's always fun....  I checked my vacation request form they had me fill out two months ago...  I was apparently supposed to be off the past week...  Yet management messed up the dates.  Well, here's hoping the dates they thought it was are actually still available (aka not this week, but the week after).

Yup yup, it was verified that there were no conflicts with the various requests and whatnot, did this and that, blah blah blah, aaaaaaaaand they had me work right through it o_O (aka they didn't key it into this one annoying system we're forced to use, and management has ALWAYS done this for the drivers, because it's an annoying system of annoyingness).

Not that I necessarily minded since I had also forgotten, but I'm now really REALLY missing having a more hands on supervisor.

I still get paid either way, but yeah.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Fortunately, @Zink and I are from the Land Outside of Time. :blues:

Twice a year I pull out this and rejoice that Saskatchewan is the land of the partially insane instead of the totally insane like most of the rest of the world. ::P: I've only met one person that really liked DST and yet almost nowhere wants to get rid of it.

Image result for old indian saying about daylight savings time

Hey, @Pezler the Polychromatic, do you know if there's somewhere in Regina that carries the nolzur's marvelous miniatures line? I was just in the store right beside the Cornwall center (forgetting name :unsure:) and they didn't have any. I'm going to be up there a couple times in April and I was wanting to check some of these out in person.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Zink said:

Twice a year I pull out this and rejoice that Saskatchewan is the land of the partially insane instead of the totally insane like most of the rest of the world. ::P: I've only met one person that really liked DST and yet almost nowhere wants to get rid of it.

Image result for old indian saying about daylight savings time

Hey, @Pezler the Polychromatic, do you know if there's somewhere in Regina that carries the nolzur's marvelous miniatures line? I was just in the store right beside the Cornwall center (forgetting name :unsure:) and they didn't have any. I'm going to be up there a couple times in April and I was wanting to check some of these out in person.

Comic Readers should have totally had some, that's where I get mine. Should be right beside the Pathfinder miniatures, when you go in you'll see two long shelves, the end cap on the right will have dice on it. The miniatures will be on the right side of that shelving unit.

• Like 6

I might have missed them because I just took a quick cruise through the store. I didn't see any minis except GW and FFG Star Wars stuff in the far corner. Not a big deal because I only went in because I was right beside the store. Wasn't a special or wasted trip.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I feel like sleepless broccoli.

That is all.

You ain't the only one. It's been a hectic week and I haven't been sleeping well. Today I could have slept in but instead I was awake an hour earlier than normal for some reason. Trying to figure out if anybody wants to go tobaganning out at the farm when I go to do chores. It's a beautiful day outside for it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Songs about vikings, you say?

Alright:

I was going to counter with Rather Good's Viking Kittens, but YouTube seems to have decided that it would be so much better without that pesky Immigrant Song playing.... So, here's a version I can't check, because the WiFi at work blocks a lot of strange things....

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/vikingkittens

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 3

Just now, TheAuldGrump said:

I was going to counter with Rather Good's Viking Kittens, but YouTube seems to have decided that it would be so much better without that pesky Immigrant Song playing.... So, here's a version I can't check, because the WiFi at work blocks a lot of strange things....

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/vikingkittens

As was I, but didn't feel like linking and then explaining.. On the plus side, that version plays with sound :)

• Like 3

17 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm already looking into that kind of thing myself, although because of a different reason...  Hubby likes the current paint rack, but wishes it was a tad taller.  My initial though?  Okay, I'll order two of the Impudent Mortal shelves then, which will add another 88 spots for dropper bottles (since the top rack would be covered by the wall mount case we have atm), or if we want it slightly lower, the paint pot racks (which would allow for 44 paint pots).  I'm leaning more towards the dropper bottles, simply because of my own personal preference, plus I know I'm going to be filling this current rack sometime this year (I'm guessing by Q3 at the latest, doubly so since my Warcolours order will be 33 at least (metallics set + technical gems), and then another 20 at least from Secret Weapon (wave one weathering acrylics + at least five washes - if I were to go all in, it's another 60 dropper bottles), and I also wouldn't mind trying out stuff from Scale 75). 

<snip>

As for sorting the paints, I was surprised at how it was a relatively quick thing...  But I did group them into various colours first (greys, blues/purples, greens, yellows/oranges/reds, metallics, specialized, and browns), and then used the lower three racks of the foam in the LTPK case to flip them upside down into, then the first row to rapidly eyeball the hues.  Made it relatively easy(ish) to get them close to how I wanted. 

I cannot recommend the Sacle 75 metallics enough. I've only got the copper set but do plan on getting the others. I haven't tried out their regular line of paints though. That's generally how I organize my paints in the caddies and then after that all the other stuff is hit and miss where I put it.

Husband tried to wake me up at 9 this morning so I could get ready for paint day. I grumbled at him to give me 10 more minutes, never heard him come back in and slept another hour. Husband had been up for a couple of hours at that point and came back to bed so we then slept until 12:30. I went to bed at 9 last night. I'm still exhausted but I'm up. I've basically missed paint day at this point. It's going on for little over an hour past now but by the time I got down there and set up it'd probably be time to leave. Oh well, there's always next month I guess. Can't make the other one this month because we're going to the beach with the nieces and family for a few days.

• Like 3

I got myself a 1-2 hour nap, in my car, while it rained. Now my tent is set up, but my air mattress is still flat because apparently, of all the SCAdians here, only one person brought an air pump and it wasn't me. Mine is broken, or else I would have brought it. So I'm waiting for the person with the air pump to come back to camp so I can inflate my air mattress and call my setup done.

Also, more of the ant poison was delivered, in both granule and liquid form. So I walked through the camp as the death fairy, spreading granules of poison and following it with a rain of death, kicking over fire ant mounds as I went to make sure of maximum exposure by getting them to swarm to the surface.

Many fire ants died to bring you this message...

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Unruly said:

I got myself a 1-2 hour nap, in my car, while it rained. Now my tent is set up, but my air mattress is still flat because apparently, of all the SCAdians here, only one person brought an air pump and it wasn't me. Mine is broken, or else I would have brought it. So I'm waiting for the person with the air pump to come back to camp so I can inflate my air mattress and call my setup done.

Also, more of the ant poison was delivered, in both granule and liquid form. So I walked through the camp as the death fairy, spreading granules of poison and following it with a rain of death, kicking over fire ant mounds as I went to make sure of maximum exposure by getting them to swarm to the surface.

Many fire ants died to bring you this message...

Good.

Nice walk around the park. Got in my 10,000 steps. Now deciding on dinner. I think it's gonna be some form of taco dish. 

• Like 4