Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

11 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I finally have a little time at dinner (Black Bear Diner; trying to eat at no place that I could eat at when I’m home), so I’m going over the Bones 4 KS thread. Ran into this:

7AA32FE0-7BBC-49A4-8D84-CF6F6D144413.thumb.png.f71b1f116795a462dfb505e4d1993b8e.png

See the bottom right? No other post had that graphical glitch! It’s a sign! Oblivion approaches!

Oh, and a couple of things that go boom:

E72B03B5-E939-433E-8B06-E98358E9F6C6.thumb.jpeg.dad2aaa78fe7dbc0c7a62c98bd379cbe.jpeg

Left vehicle is a CEV (Combat Engineer Vehicle)

Center is either a late M48 or early M60

Right is an M109 155mm Howitzer

for those interested....

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

I've watched all the Monk and the Psych now!

I'm at a loss for how to proceed. ::(:

Castle.

• Like 6

For some reason I was reminded of the Prince Batman soundtrack.  Most of which is not at all available on YouTube, but I can stream all of it on Amazon.  This might be the first time I found a good use for that free Prime streaming.  And naturally I'm listening to the whole thing, 'cause it's awesome.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

Castle.

This would be perfect, but alas. Not streaming.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Woohoo! All day, I thought I lost one of my wallets.

Looked everywhere around the apartment and couldn't find it. Retraced my steps of the past few days.

• Was it at they gym? I asked at the lost and found, and it wasn't there.
  • Was it at a friend's place for a birthday? No contact from him telling me he found something.
  • Was it when I had to shovel my car out of the street at 11pm Saturday night after the snowplow went by? Worried, because two days have gone by, with more snow, and the snowplow went by again. I drove by and couldn't see anything unusual.
  • Looked at Lost and Found sites (Facebook, classified, etc.), and no news.

But when I went to set my blankets over my bed a few minutes ago, the missing wallet just appeared. Somehow hidden from my previous search as I found it somewhere I never leave my pants.

If I truly lost it, it would've been slightly inconvenient. It held mostly hospital cards. But it also held my social insurance card and a spare car key. Wasn't worried about the car key as I live nowhere near where I might have lost it. But the social insurance number is an identity theft risk.

• Like 6

I hate stress. I have been having a very stressful month and that was before one of my kitties decided to spend the night outside last night.  I am working on something that is very stressful for me. I hope I can get it completed early -ish tomorrow and maybe start feeling better. Otherwise I might explode.

Sorry to be a bummer. Thanks for letting me vent a little.

• Sad 5

Black Bear Diner

Populating the Western US with sit down restaurants where a "good home cooked meal" may be had.

Good Home-style Food and hearty portions.

"Discovered"  these shortly after they opened their 2nd or 3rd restaurant in Redding, Ca. while there for a convention in the mid '90s.

They have now hit the point where a new location is being opened about once a month, which is pretty impressive for a full service sit down restaurant operating in multiple states.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2018 at 5:04 PM, LittleBluberry said:

It hasn't even happened yet, but geez I hate Daylight Savings Time.  <_< 

Fortunately we're almost at the end of Fake Time

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

Successful first day! 

Tomorrow I get the tour of the ship, and lunch with my boss. 

Tonight? I'm thinking I might paint something! 

What ship? IMO number please! (And enjoy your new job.) 

7 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Congratulations!

If they send you to get a "bucket of prop wash", or, "100 feet of flight line",just grin and accept it as part of your "initiation".

GEM

Being asked to find the golden rivet is another tradition.

And if you pass the equator I'm sure you will be properly welcomed into Neptune's Kingdom.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

ROFL;

6 fathoms of water line, and a right handed smoke multi-directional device was part of my trip over the Equator.

Its been over 40 years, and I STILL have my Shell Back card in my wallet !!!

Jay

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Oh, and a couple of things that go boom:

E72B03B5-E939-433E-8B06-E98358E9F6C6.thumb.jpeg.dad2aaa78fe7dbc0c7a62c98bd379cbe.jpeg

I definitely wouldn't recommend trying to pick those shiny things up...

3 hours ago, paintybeard said:

And if you pass the equator I'm sure you will be properly welcomed into Neptune's Kingdom.

Well, since his new job is at the Intrepid Museum, I'm pretty sure somebody would notice the ship was moving long before they crossed the Equator, lol...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, Flit said:

I hate stress. I have been having a very stressful month and that was before one of my kitties decided to spend the night outside last night.  I am working on something that is very stressful for me. I hope I can get it completed early -ish tomorrow and maybe start feeling better. Otherwise I might explode.

Sorry to be a bummer. Thanks for letting me vent a little.

I hope you get the project completed and can relax a little bit.

And no worries about venting, we're always here to lend a sympathetic ear.::):

It's Tuesday. It is snowing here. And I have a very challenging task ahead of me.

Going to work at the place that's canning me and keeping my mouth shut, and the 'I could happily gut you with a spoon' look off my face.<_<

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, paintybeard said:

USS Intrepid, Essex class carrier, CV-11.

IMG_20180312_170826.jpg

IMG_20180312_160359.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1