Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Aw, come on!

Was working late last night (real work, nothing fun) and was seeing I was using the wrong equations! Not good! Not good at all! Panic sets in, of course, but keeping a cool head I decide that it would be better to work this in the morning when I’d be able to solve things more easily. 

I wake up. Still very dark, but my mind realized the solution is at hand (looking at wrong file), and now that means until my alarm goes off, I can peacefully sleep knowing that I was just tired. So sit up to visit the bathroom.

And the alarm went off when I picked up my phone to see the time.

Rats.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

I hope you get the project completed and can relax a little bit.

And no worries about venting, we're always here to lend a sympathetic ear.::):

It's Tuesday. It is snowing here. And I have a very challenging task ahead of me.

Going to work at the place that's canning me and keeping my mouth shut, and the 'I could happily gut you with a spoon' look off my face.<_<

Good luck to you. That really sucks.

Edited by Flit
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's Tuesday. It is snowing here. And I have a very challenging task ahead of me.

Going to work at the place that's canning me and keeping my mouth shut, and the 'I could happily gut you with a spoon' look off my face.<_<

Yeah, better stay civil, you never know what the future might hold and if you need these guys again one day.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

good luck with that... I have been doing the same Since DEC 04 2017.. when they announced my departure date to me.  (end of march).   So smile and move on as you will survive it!

• Like 10

Maybe I missed something, but where are the little arrows in the quote blocks that bring you to the original post?

P.S. Never mind, it looks like my ad blocking software (uBlock Origin) is hiding them.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 5

.....and the hits just keep on rolling!! Apparently, the 200d6 fireball to the face yesterday wasn’t enough. My boss just called me, the contact he gave me yesterday looked over my resume and is reluctant to interview me because I’m over  qualified, and they’re worried I’ll end up leaving the company for a better job.

It’s not funny anymore, Monday.<_<

• Confused 1
  • Sad 11

Ah, sick as balls. Nonstop drainage. Good stuff. Canceled on seeing Hot Snakes tonight and gave the tickets away. Sitting in a fog in front of the TV. Dog in lap. Now dog out of lap and barking because she saw a cat onscreen. Let's do the day.

• Sad 4

@Chaoswolf - not that it will make you feel any better, but my saga with the incompetence of the Colorado Healthcare Exchange is entering it's 5th year - and I haven't lived in Colorado for 11 months now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

LEVERAGE!!!!!!!

Leverage is always a good show to watch...

• Like 4

Stress level is down a bit today. On the other hand, what I thought was a viral ear infection that I caught with my cold looks like is really side effects from medication. and in the last couple of days nausea has been added to the mix. But I am pretty much over my cold.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Leverage is always a good show to watch...

Leverage and Warehouse 13 are the two shows I most wish I could watch again for the first time.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

.....and the hits just keep on rolling!! Apparently, the 200d6 fireball to the face yesterday wasn’t enough. My boss just called me, the contact he gave me yesterday looked over my resume and is reluctant to interview me because I’m over  qualified, and they’re worried I’ll end up leaving the company for a better job.

It’s not funny anymore, Monday.<_<

Maybe ask what better job that would be so you can skip the middle man?

• Like 9

Just read about a bus accident in Alabama.

Hope none of your children were involved.