Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

I just wanted to note that in addition to being Pi Day, today is also Save a Spider Day.

So no making spider pie, ok?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, alchemist said:

I just wanted to note that in addition to being Pi Day, today is also Save a Spider Day.

So no making spider pie, ok?

What about making pie for spiders? 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

What about making pie for spiders? 

Fly pie?  I guess that could create a buzz.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Sea of Thieves comes out next week! I get to be a pirate! I've also been working on my sculpting again.

Hope everyone has been doing okay. ::): 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Looks like no livestream of the drop test. Bummer. 

You can track flight NASA 808 at FlightAware. That’s a chase plane following the drop. If you’re bored. 

3 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I am up entirely too early, and functioning on five hours of sleep. It is a glorious day for SCIENCE! ... well, it's a glorious day, anyway.

Who's got the bottle of magic smoke for the computers?

Today will not be science day for me. Winds got too high just as we reached the drop zone. Convoy turned around and headed back. Maybe tomorrow. Hope tomorrow. I don’t want to change flight plans again. Supposed to be an air show here too, and that’s eating up available hotels.

Came back to the hotel and promptly slept for three hours. Feel much better now. 

• Like 5

On a more serious note, I've been strangely productive today.  Finally scheduled a plumber to come out and fix stuff and my endodontist consultation, which will probably end in "it will have to come out."  (It's funnier if you hear it as part of a Gumby sketch from Monty Python.)  Can't say I'm looking forward to that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

What about making a spider out of pies?

That's be one delicious spider! 

11 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

For the spider bake sale?

Why not! 

• Like 3

For the first time ever, my FLGS had an after-hours painting session. For months I had always set up my painting kit at a table and do my thing, and was happy to explain the hobby to anyone who would ask. I was able to garner some interest, but never enough that anyone would join me. Then the store got into Games Workshop recently, and things really started taking off.  The owner's husband, who had previously said that he only cared about playing the game and nothing else about the hobby, has found that he actually loves assembling the figures, and was incredibly excited when he converted his very first mini. Still on the fence about painting them, though he's slowly coming around. The owner herself has always had an interest in painting figures but has never been confident, so last night we gathered about 10 people to do a painting sessions where we could all focus. I gave as much advice and encouragement as I could (apparently I'm better at retaining knowledge than applying it), and we all had a blast. My plan had always been to build the hobby in this small town so that more people could enjoy it and we could have a community of mini painters. I feel so accomplished right now. And on Sunday I'm apparently helping to teach people at our Paint and Take as well, along with a couple of other people who were already into the hobby.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Yesterday it was Megan's mum's turn to lose power - she stayed with us last night, bringing along her cat Tabathy.

Board games, DVDs, and I made a Cano Casserole*.

The Auld Grump

*Ingredients - a Cano this, a Cano that... and some chicken. ::P:  (Two onions, 3 cloves garlic - minced, Cano chick peas, Cano stewed tomatoes, Cano green beans, 1T curry, 1/2t chili, 1/2t cumin, 1/2t paprika, 1T hot sauce, 1 pound chicken breast - cubed.)

The Auld Grump

When I saw this I immediately thought about Robinson Cano (baseball player) and wondered when he wrote a cook book and where I could find it. :lol:

ETA: Going to my mom's today through Saturday. I think she's having a severe case of empty nesting so gonna go keep her company for a bit. I don't get over there enough and feel bad about it most of the time. I need to figure out how to schedule things so I can go over a couple times a month or something. Last time I was over was...January? Doesn't help that Sibling now lives on campus in Seattle so they don't get down often. We are however going to pick them up tomorrow for spring break. It'll be nice to see everyone.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

product_UT_spiderbakesale_poster_designv

Is it sad that my immediate reaction, when I saw that, was 'D'awwwww'?

But then again, I'm the GM that had fun with happy, friendly driders....

The Auld Grump - who sometimes wears a tee promoting and preserving black fly breeding grounds.... (Black flies breed in clean flowing water. Not in stagnant nastiness like mosquitoes.)

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

On 3/6/2018 at 5:27 PM, Pingo said:

:ik_oops:

"Our intention was to introduce a better, more exciting program, but we misjudged how these changes would be received by many of you,”

???

Workers, in my experience, do not want their pay packets to be exciting and unpredictable.

United - the gift that keeps giving.

'Oh, hey! You have a dog! Put it in the overhead bin....' :blink:

The Auld Grump

• Sad 6