Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Looks like no livestream of the drop test. Bummer. 

You can track flight NASA 808 at FlightAware. That’s a chase plane following the drop. If you’re bored. 

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Don't forget the mechanic ones like a jug of blinker fluid... 

I've genuinely seen that stuff in person.

No, I don't know how or why that car's lights were full of water...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, knarthex said:

If they do do this, you can ask for them to geo and get you a tee are double e...

Or a box of grid squares....

or a track pad inflator gauge....

a canvas stretched for the deuce-and-a-half....

or a can of A eye are....

Those are some of the Army equivalents...

or in my current job (HVAC)

A bucket of steam....

any troopers out there remember those?

and Can you add more?

Jarheads and Chair Force can play too....<_<

I have asked new recruits some things in my day..

Bring me a plinth ladder ( plinth being the  5cm high kind that divides the floor from the walls.)

Bring me a bucket of sparks

Bring me some Watt

11 hours ago, Morihalda said:

A small antlered druid peeps up from behind a rock.

Hullo...?

*** Wolf Slobber!***

• Like 6

I am up entirely too early, and functioning on five hours of sleep. It is a glorious day for SCIENCE! ... well, it's a glorious day, anyway.

Who's got the bottle of magic smoke for the computers?

• Like 6

Yesterday it was Megan's mum's turn to lose power - she stayed with us last night, bringing along her cat Tabathy.

Board games, DVDs, and I made a Cano Casserole*.

The Auld Grump

*Ingredients - a Cano this, a Cano that... and some chicken. ::P:  (Two onions, 3 cloves garlic - minced, Cano chick peas, Cano stewed tomatoes, Cano green beans, 1T curry, 1/2t chili, 1/2t cumin, 1/2t paprika, 1T hot sauce, 1 pound chicken breast - cubed.)

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

Ended up with 9-12 inches (snow compacted as it fell, so unsure of the total).  Was lucky as I was in-between two bands of snow that dropped 24+ inches.  I did not lose power this time.

Lasagna for dinner last night.  I enjoyed it; however Awesome Wife and Middle Daughter (the two chefs of the night) were complaining that the botton layer of noodles didn't cook right.  Alas, I forgot to grab a slice for lunch today.  I mean, I set one aside last night, I just forgot to grab it from the fridge this morning.

As far are new guy/girl hazing/pranks: Relative bearing grease, recording the serial numbers off of water slugs and asking to get a machinists' punch.

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

Usually it's a slight leak in one of the seals for the headlight.  My parents' Corolla did that on occasion on the one light, although usually it just fogged up until you turned the bulb on. 

I have seen cases where yup, half the entire thing was waterlogged.  I always wondered how the bulb survived in such conditions... 

• Like 5

I am such an idiot. Shopping this morning, get to the meat section, "Butt Roast Sale!", tehehehe. :rolleyes:

I got a big butt roast :rolleyes:

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, knarthex said:

Tomorrow is Pi day 3-14.....

@Jasonator

Cdim6kUUUAAd08x.jpg

6846_1298798506802703_897751587330712581

13 hours ago, Morihalda said:

A small antlered druid peeps up from behind a rock.

Hullo...?

<pops up his head like a startled chipmunk, screams "Eek, it's her!!!", and ducks back down into his escape tunnel>

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Ended up with 9-12 inches (snow compacted as it fell, so unsure of the total).  Was lucky as I was in-between two bands of snow that dropped 24+ inches.  I did not lose power this time.

As the actress said to the vicar, "Actually, that really is eighteen inches..." :wacko:

It may, in fact, have been closer to nearly twenty.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I just wish I could remember which food place was having...  Oh right, blaze pizza in town is having a Pi day special ^_^

Mmmm, fire baked pizza. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, knarthex said:

If they do do this, you can ask for them to geo and get you a tee are double e...

Or a box of grid squares....

or a track pad inflator gauge....

a canvas stretched for the deuce-and-a-half....

or a can of A eye are....

Those are some of the Army equivalents...

or in my current job (HVAC)

A bucket of steam....

any troopers out there remember those?

and Can you add more?

Jarheads and Chair Force can play too....<_<

Left-handed screwdriver/hammer/scraper.

Spare bubble for the spirit gauge.

A long weight (so the storekeeper left you to wait for as long as you were silly enough to stand there.)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Weird-O said:

When the lens on the outside cracks on the top it can fill with water in the rain.

One of the vans at work had this problem. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

Left-handed screwdriver/hammer/scraper.

Spare bubble for the spirit gauge.

A long weight (so the storekeeper left you to wait for as long as you were silly enough to stand there.)

Just don't send for a left handed tape measure - those actually do exist. ^_^

.... Not that I've ever done any of these hazing rituals to people, I don't see the point.  I've just heard a lot of them, and had some of the older guys try to spring some of them on me at some jobs - I've been called the guy with no humour with regards to some things though (it's a job, you do it to the best of your ability, you don't screw around). 

I have inadvertently participated in such rituals when I was a kid though although it was usually guys from a different squadron who didn't know I was the son of the chief of maintenance, so the usual guys (almost always his underlings) would try and get the guest to buy me a beer, almost always right as dad was walking towards the canteen...  I was 12-13 at the time, so you can probably imagine how well a lot of that went, but my dad usually just laughed and rolled his eyes.   The smart ones caught on that I liked Canada Dry (a ginger ale, aka soda/pop) and would simply go "okay, I'll get his usual" to which the guy behind the canteen would usually say "wise choice" and to try and get him anyways by having a bottle of Canada Dry in one hand, and a Labatt Blue in the other, then ask which was my favourite... 

The really smart ones would just go "nah, he JUST cracked open the one he has, let him enjoy it" or something to that effect. 

For some reason though, the geese never pulled those stunts on the armoured guys if they visited. 

• Like 6

I just wanted to note that in addition to being Pi Day, today is also Save a Spider Day.

So no making spider pie, ok?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, alchemist said:

I just wanted to note that in addition to being Pi Day, today is also Save a Spider Day.

So no making spider pie, ok?

What about making pie for spiders? 

• Like 5