Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

7 hours ago, Unruly said:

If they're being honest, that's the hope of every engineer and scientist on anything involved in any rocket launch.

Er, uh, right. No blowing up.

But... then again... I did have a disappointing lack of satisfying shrapnel last month. Only three small pieces, shattered bolts, and ripped cables. And now it goes to the scrapper more or less intact rather than the several bins of bits and bobs I was hoping for. 

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Pingo said:

Modern - sort of.  References for an inventor-mage who bikes everywhere she can (and a surprising number of places she can’t).

For several months, one of the posters on our Naked People Wall was of the Seattle naked bicycle event....

Be warned. These were naked people on bikes, not models.... (The poster was a present from Molly (the Elder) and Ami.)

For flavor, make her bike an old Hollywood Schwinn - with coaster brakes. ::):

37c4f4f142c1888a0ba1ad6b37602b13.jpg

*EDIT* Sadly, this one is missing the tassels from the hand grips. ::P:

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, canuckotter said:

Howdy all! Everyone doing OK? Nothing caught fire lately I hope?

I, uh —

Nope. Nothing. :ph34r:

How you doing?

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I, uh —

Nope. Nothing. :ph34r:

How you doing?

Shh! You're supposed to be ninjing, ninja! Now get out there and ninj!

The Auld Grump - not enough sleep, and too much Terry Pratchett....

*EDIT* We watched Going Postal on DVD last night.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Shh! You're supposed to be ninjing, ninja! Now get out there and ninj!

The Auld Grump -too much Terry Pratchett....

I didnt know this was a thing.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, canuckotter said:

Yesterday was 70*F and today there is snow. Don't worry, Colorado will probably be on fire in a few months. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Saw a video on Facebook for making mozzarella-stick onion-rings, and I feel like I felt the first time I saw an owlbear.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I just learned that Megan has neither read nor played any of the Dragonlance series....

Give her the original trilogy...  If she makes it through that...

10 hours ago, Marvin said:

But then of course there is the most serious business of making notes for all the people of the village....

Never make notes for all the people - write up the ones that the party is most likely to visit immediately, and have some general ideas sketched out for other possible personalities as a back-up.

But never wall yourself in by writing up a comprehensive list of everybody, everyplace or everything. There's always going to come a time when you need to add in a new road to the map for some scenario or have some random schmuck's farm burned down by goblins. Unless the players have actually taken the time to map the entire area, nothing is set in stone until they get there, and then nothing is set in stone that doesn't absolutely need to be.

36 minutes ago, canuckotter said:

Nothing caught fire lately I hope?

Nothing that wasn't supposed to....

• Like 9

Oh, when I say "all" I mean "all the ones I need." Mayor, sheriff, handful of proprietors, an adorable child who later will be corrupted by evil and have to be put down by the PCs, etc.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Oh, when I say "all" I mean "all the ones I need." Mayor, sheriff, handful of proprietors, an adorable child who later will be corrupted by evil and have to be put down by the PCs, etc.

And then there's the World of Darkness where you play that child.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, canuckotter said:

OTTER!!!

*** Tacklehugs and slobbers***

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

So, I'm pretty sure I got a phishing scam phone call.

Reason 1: It was a recording

Reason 2: The beginning of said recording was cut off in the voice mail

Reason 3: The recording told me that "the local COPS" would be looking for me. Maybe it's just me, but 'local Police' or 'local law enforcement' sounds more professional, and would be the proper terminology.

Reason 4: Before I take any legal action, I should call <their number>. Lady, you just told me the cops are looking for me, the FIRST call I'm making is to a lawyer.

Reason 5: (Actually the most important)  I haven't done anything wrong.

Just in case, though: When you guys bake me a cake with a file in it, I like chocolate.

Owning the machine used to generate calls like these should be a Capital Offense. :grr:

I get that one too, here is a **transcript:

“...Custody by the local cops as there are _⁠_⁠_⁠______ serious allegations pressed on your name at this moment we would request you to get back to us so that we can discuss about this case before taking any legal action against you the number to reach us is (nnn-nnn-nnnn) I repeat (nnn-nnn-nnnn)  thank you.”

**I didn’t bother typing this, my go-go-gadget phone voluntarily does this without me asking. (The future, bah! I wanted a flying car... :mellow: ...I got a phone that thinks get itself.) I redacted the callback number. 

• Like 6

FD374512-1723-480E-8281-1FFE2988DFF4.thumb.jpeg.4e3fcf9fdba0b18ace40ea38f45ed212.jpeg

Just another lovely spring day here in the Northeast...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

For several months, one of the posters on our Naked People Wall was of the Seattle naked bicycle event....

Be warned. These were naked people on bikes, not models.... (The poster was a present from Molly (the Elder) and Ami.)

naked biking seems like it would be impressively uncomfortable.

• Like 6