Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

12 hours ago, Pingo said:

Seems to me if the law wants to come and get me they will come and get me, not leave a message on an answering machine that does not identify either the caller or me with any clarity and says to call some sketchy phone number.

Well, depending on what the trouble is, they will call you, leave you a message, and leave a callback number. Usually that message is something like "I'm getting warrants for your arrest because of X incident. Call me if you have any questions or to schedule a time to turn yourself in. My number is (police dept number)." Or something along those lines. Now, if you're getting hit with warrants for something serious, they won't tell you. They'll just show up at your work, or your house, or whatever and throw you in cuffs.

11 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

You may remember the guy wearing the flashing hulk mask, that was his character in his alter ego, the Green Bastard. 

From parts unknown? I love that guy!

5cb58e8018089b4dc3c044a9014d2d625af4acc9

11 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

A swan is only a CR 1/3?! What.

A swan could totally kill a commoner. CR 1/3 is lowballing it.

Well, you have to remember that a commoner isn't a CR 1. A commoner is usually either a CR 1/2 or a CR 1/3 itself. Which means that a CR 1/3 swan will pose a serious threat in a knock down, drag out fight. Because adventurers are supposed to generally be the cream of the crop type, the ones who would be prime athletes, geniuses, or SpecOps soldiers in the real world.

I've been told that by tomorrow one of my other two airbrushes will be shipped out. Then there's only a maximum of 263 of the third to be shipped out before I get my last one. And the timeline is that by the end of next week they should even have that last one shipped out. I'm super happy about that.

Tomorrow, I go to Lowe's to buy some rebar. I'm going to try to make a training target for SCA spear work. I don't know if what I'm going to try is going to work, but it's something I feel like giving a shot. Since the spear tip is 2 inches in diameter, I'm going to make a series of targets that are about 3.5 to 4 inches in diameter and build a tree of sorts with them. Basically, accuracy training. Because if I can get to putting a spear tip through a gap that's at most twice it's size on a regular basis, I should do somewhat decently against a shield wall on a battlefield. It wouldn't be much training against other spears, but accuracy of shot placement counts for a good bit.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 9

Welp, didn't finish as I'd planned. Lost too much time getting going today, what with the cold. But I'm close. Blue-and-white go the floor tiles. Actually my lightest gray (Misty?) since it covered better and looks about the same with just the ~two coats I'm putting on. Covers the primer better. Figured I could glaze it with straight white, but I don't think it's really necessary. One floor only needs a second coat on the blue, I think. And then I've got to do the second floor. And that'll be it. Except maybe a wash on the floors to show up the cracks in the tiles. I don't know. I worry about making a mess there.

Went ahead and hammered out early notes on the village for the game. And I like what I've got so far. I'd've been a fabulous worldbuilder, I think.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

Well, depending on what the trouble is, they will call you, leave you a message, and leave a callback number. Usually that message is something like "I'm getting warrants for your arrest because of X incident. Call me if you have any questions or to schedule a time to turn yourself in. My number is (police dept number)." Or something along those lines. Now, if you're getting hit with warrants for something serious, they won't tell you. They'll just show up at your work, or your house, or whatever and throw you in cuffs.

From parts unknown? I love that guy!

5cb58e8018089b4dc3c044a9014d2d625af4acc9

Well, you have to remember that a commoner isn't a CR 1. A commoner is usually either a CR 1/2 or a CR 1/3 itself. Which means that a CR 1/3 swan will pose a serious threat in a knock down, drag out fight. Because adventurers are supposed to generally be the cream of the crop type, the ones who would be prime athletes, geniuses, or SpecOps soldiers in the real world.

I've been told that by tomorrow one of my other two airbrushes will be shipped out. Then there's only a maximum of 263 of the third to be shipped out before I get my last one. And the timeline is that by the end of next week they should even have that last one shipped out. I'm super happy about that.

Tomorrow, I go to Lowe's to buy some rebar. I'm going to try to make a training target for SCA spear work. I don't know if what I'm going to try is going to work, but it's something I feel like giving a shot. Since the spear tip is 2 inches in diameter, I'm going to make a series of targets that are about 3.5 to 4 inches in diameter and build a tree of sorts with them. Basically, accuracy training. Because if I can get to putting a spear tip through a gap that's at most twice it's size on a regular basis, I should do somewhat decently against a shield wall on a battlefield. It wouldn't be much training against other spears, but accuracy of shot placement counts for a good bit.

Actually, the character is from parts unknown..... I’m goibg to have to do some ‘research’ on his reference material. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

So members of our Pathfinder group are trying to put together an all Vigilante team, where every member of the party is a vigilante (aka medieval super hero). You may remember the guy wearing the flashing hulk mask, that was his character in his alter ego, the Green Bastard. 

So in trying to figure out what character I could make as a vigilante, I found an archetype that allows someone to transform into an animal as their alter ego. I asked the husband which animal would be the most ridiculous as a superhero, and he almost instantly said Platypus. Unfortunately, platypuses are tiny animals in Pathfinder, and it needs to be a small or medium animal as the base animal. :down:

I'm still thinking about it, and I think I am going to go with that archetype, but I haven't decided if I should play Detective Savage Raptor, (Who of course would be a velociraptor) or Super Llama (or otherwise ridiculous animal). 

Also, @pcktlnt if you want to join/witness the insanity, right now I have 4 vigilantes signed up for my Wednesday 6PM heroes game next week. We could use the Vigilante pre-gen if you wanted to join in. :lol:

In case anyone is curious, below the cut is the list of animals I could be. I am still looking for suggestions on what would make the most kooky / interesting super animal.

Reveal hidden contents
Antelope (CR 1/2)
Badger (CR 1/2)
Badger, Dire (CR 2)
Boar (CR 2)
Brush Thylacine (CR 2)
Bull Shark (CR 2)
Cat, Cheetah (CR 2)
Cat, Leopard (CR 2)
Deer (CR 1/4)
Dimorphodon (CR 1)
Dimorphodon (CR 1)
Dinosaurus, Deinonychus (CR 3)
Dire Fox (CR 2)
Dire Racoon (CR 2)
Dire Rat Megaswarm (CR 5)
Dodo (CR 1/4)
Dodo (CR 1/4)
Dog, Common (CR 1/3)
Dog, Hyena (CR 1)
Dog, Riding (CR 1)
Dog, Wolf (CR 1)
Dolphin, Bottlenose (CR 1/2)
Donkey Rat (CR 1/4)
Dragonfish (CR 1)
Dwarf Caiman (CR 1/3)
Eagle (CR 1/2)
Eel, Electric (CR 2)
Elk (CR 1)
Elk (CR 1)
Euparkeria (CR 1/2)
Fire Fish (CR 1)
Fox (CR 1/3)
Frog, (Giant) (CR 1)
Gar (CR 1)
Giant Archerfish (CR 1)
Giant Caribe (CR 1)
Giant Flying Piranha (CR 2)
Giant Frog (CR 1)
Giant Gecko (CR 1)
Giant Marmoset (CR 1)
Giant Porcupine (CR 2)
Giant Rock-horned Lizard (CR 3)
Giant Tortoise (CR 1)
Giant Weasel (CR 1)
Goat (CR 1/3)
Goat (CR 1/3)
Goblin Dog (CR 1)
Great Horned Owl (CR 1/2)
Herd Animal, Sheep (Ram) (CR 1)
Homotherium (CR 5)
Jaguar (CR 3)
Jigsaw Shark (CR 1)
Kangaroo (CR 1/2)
Killer Frog (CR 1)
Lizard, Monitor (CR 2)
Llama (CR 1/2)
Lynx (CR 2)
Mandrill (CR 1/4)
Margay (CR 1)
Medium Barracuda (CR 1)
Medium Stingray (CR 2)
Mountain Lion (CR 3)
Octopus (CR 1)
Panda (CR 2)
Pig (CR 1/3)
Pig (CR 1/3)
Pony (CR 1/2)
Primate, Baboon (CR 1/2)
Ram (CR 1)
Rat, Dire (CR 1/3)
Sea Snake (CR 1)
Seal (CR 1/3)
Sheep (CR 1/4)
Slitherrat (CR 3)
Small Barracuda (CR 1/4)
Small Stingray (CR 1/2)
Smilodon (CR 5)
Snake, Constrictor (CR 2)
Snake, Venomous (CR 1)
Snow Leopard (CR 3)
Squid (CR 1)
Stag (CR 1)
Stingray (CR 1/2)
Swamp Barracuda (CR 2)
Thylacine (CR 1/2)
Thylacine (CR 1/2)
Tiger Fish (CR 1)
Timber Wolf (CR 2)
Trumpeter Swan (CR 1/3)
Velociraptor (CR 2)
Vulture (CR 1/2)
Wolverine (CR 2)

Could you be a halfling and go tiny? 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

Actually, the character is from parts unknown..... I’m goibg to have to do some ‘research’ on his reference material. 

I would just drop a link here, but there's a LOT of F bombs that get dropped. Just go to youtube and look up Trailer Park Boys Green Bastard. The very first result should be 6 minutes and 10 seconds long, poor quality video, and is really all you need to know. Or you could watch that whole episode on Netflix. It's Season 4 Episode 4 "The Green Bastard".

Trailer Park Boys is a decent show though. Or at least it was. I couldn't get past the first couple episodes of season 10, and then the actor that played Mr. Lahey died last year so who knows how it's going to go now. I guess season 12 just hit Netflix last week, and it's either the first season to be without Mr. Lahey or the last season with him. But you know, beauty is in the eye of when you hold her, and it doesn't take rocket appliances to see that one man's garbage is another man person's good ungarbage, so I'm sure some people must still like it. At least the older episodes are still great.

Edit: Also, having further consulted with my financial advisor, aka my bank account, I have decided against going to Lowe's until next payday. Because I forgot that I still need to buy food.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, pcktlnt said:

Could you be a halfling and go tiny? 

No. :( 

there are are so many amazing odd animals that are classified as tiny. 

But looking at cheap available masks, I’m leaning llama.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

No. :( 

there are are so many amazing odd animals that are classified as tiny. 

But looking at cheap available masks, I’m leaning llama.

llama-take-a-selfie_o_3305751.webp

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I'm sure Husband would have been fine with some boat shaped templates but that was a like $5? PDF with really good instructions. All card stock too. The other boat was cheaper but I have to make like 4 or 5 of those. So we'll see how much I enjoy this after that. The guy that makes them also makes a ton of different terrain pieces, mostly buildings from what I can tell.

Looks good! That’s the Dave Graffam “Marauder” boat, right?

• Like 6

Been reading a set of manga books I picked up cheap in a charity shop yesterday, beginning to see why they were donated in the first place.

Being badly written is one thing, but this is badly written and quite depressing.

But I suppose the characters being paper-thin stereotypes could be seen as a positive, it means I don't care as much when they're brutally murdered for no real reason.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, aku-chan said:

Been reading a set of manga books I picked up cheap in a charity shop yesterday, beginning to see why they were donated in the first place.

Being badly written is one thing, but this is badly written and quite depressing.

But I suppose the characters being paper-thin stereotypes could be seen as a positive, it means I don't care as much when they're brutally murdered for no real reason.

So it's Attack on Titan?

I should have been asleep like 2 hours ago. Stupid brain is staying awake.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 5

So last night while cleaning up PingosHusband said, what's this?

Napkin-sketch.jpg.a4009151563b7356b8c002e43dee26d1.jpg

Ans I said, Oh, Eldest was having some problems making armor look metallic and I did a simple paper napkin sketch to illustrate the principles I was explaining.

And PingosHusband told me I had an odd idea of what simple means.

Then this morning I found out Eldest Tweeted about the experience  :wub::

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 6

It is snowing and the "feels like" temperature is 13F. This is no way for April to behave.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2