Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

8 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Please fill me in - who's that guy?

3 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I just heard about him yesterday, but apparently he's the guy that ran this Kickstarter:

He also ran 5 other kickstarter's which didn't fulfill.  Three were for films/TV pilots based on popular gaming stuff, and three were for simple things like cards and pencils. 

I found it interesting because Kickstarter is being pulled in as a co-defendant - primarily because they let him run so many Kickstarters and then failed to assist when they were asked to help the lawsuit against him by either providing the names/contact info of the other backers or at least facilitating contact. 

This is pretty much it. He's a completely unrepentant scammer that has no intention of fulfilling anything. Even though I've never funded any of his kickstarters, I've done enough research on him that the very thought of him raises my ire. He's been making empty promises for years now and been straight up caught in his lies, and he's been so bad that there's at least two or three websites created to report his dealings in order to prevent others from being scammed by him. Attorneys-general from at least two states have been investigating him for fraud.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

27 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I may very well have to wait until Black Panther comes out on DVD/Bluray to watch it at this point. Husband has a lot of studying to do today in preparation for his first test Monday. So we're not going to see it today and likely won't have time this weekend to do it. 

Might go get haircuts today, will probably get some painting in. I haven't decided what is next in line to paint though. I should probably do that soon.

At least you won't have to wait long. Comes out in a month (5/15).

Busy morning... Will be very glad to call it a day and get on with the wild rumpus of the evening!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

They are also contagious - I got a Pound O'Dice, which led to my getting Megan a Pound O'Dice, and someday she will get Brigid a Pound O'Dice, and so the circle of dice will continue.... ::):

The Auld Grump - I swear, if I knew they would get that reaction, I would have gotten them for her on St. Valentine's Day....

Hubby had a similar reaction although I suspect part of it was due to them being his very own first set of dice... 

29 minutes ago, TGP said:

:huh:

This is not true for USAF jet aircraft.

The Air Force came to the diametrically opposite conclusion. The voice that says really important stuff like, “Bingo Fuel!” or “Pull Up!”  “Pull Up!” is female.

They even narrowed it down to a specific voice range: somewhere around contralto—alto I think. 

And don't forget the ever infamous Boeing one "don't think" when things are apparently really hitting the fan.... 

• Like 3

Metal/Gems/Fancy dice - I love my real opalite dice and my husband's synthetic tigerseye dice. The synthetic didn't have those hard bands of dark color twisting through - my husband wanted 100% glass reflective shiny. :lol: I used one of the pistol cases from Reaper's winter paints and lined it with felt for all my player/DMing needs. My husband used a picture frame and added felt as a protective surface for his dice and it's worked well. We've also considered making our own felt-lined dice towers but never got around to it.

Black Panther - oh goooodness. That movie was fantastic and amazing and had so many strong social points but honestly I kind of struggled to pay attention through the whole movie because who gave them the right to have THAT MANY GOOD LOOKING PEOPLE IN A SINGLE FILM.

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

Mmm, Beaver Buzz Saskatoon Berry.  So good, so tasty.  Oh wait, it's warm, it's... Some oddball concoction of tasty and what was I thinking! 

Got another one for tonight too, mwa ha ha ha, caffeine fueled painting will be fun! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Unruly said:

I was in high school in a relatively poor and rural area at the time that The Wire was on TV. So I didn't get to hear about it much. Actually, I think the first time I heard about it was through Family Guy. This bit in particular...

Randomess XIV: the Best Thread You’ve Ever Read Except Maybe Department of Acquisitions and Enablement, the Second

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Black Panther - oh goooodness. That movie was fantastic and amazing and had so many strong social points but honestly I kind of struggled to pay attention through the whole movie because who gave them the right to have THAT MANY GOOD LOOKING PEOPLE IN A SINGLE FILM.

Right??

Okay, nearly 80°... Not what I wanted for my birthday!

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Welp. Am in the ER with something wonky with my eye. Prolly OK, but waiting. Time to practice mental focus and writing, anyway.

• Sad 17

30 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Okay, nearly 80°... Not what I wanted for my birthday!

Agreed! And, around here within the next 24 hours or so, it is supposed to go from nearly 80 to below freezing with snow. By Sunday morning we should hit 28. <_<

• Sad 4

Any bird experts around? This morning I had a disconcerting experience. It started pretty normally with little watch doggie looking out the window next to the front door and barking. I peeked out to reasure doggie that the grass in the front yard was not about to launch a murderous attack on us when I noticed that across the street there seemed to be a turkey. On second glance it wasn't big enough to be a turkey and was solid black. Mostly it looked like a ginormous crow. On third glance I  realized it was quite interested in something against the curb across the street. On fourth glance that thing seemed to be a deceased cat and the bird was pulling it around. On fifth glance the deceased turned out to be a raccoon. At this point I was done with my observation and closed the curtain while wondering if the bird was a vulture, but it had feathers on its head and I'm not sure if vultures live in the area.

Later I left the house to run errands and saw what looked like the same bird flying over the house at this point it looked like a black hawk. We have hawks in the area but they are brown, reddish, and white.

Anyone have any idea what this thing could be? My bird identification skills don't go much further than robin, cardinal, and blue jay.

May be that giant crows have decided to take over the world.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Welp. Am in the ER with something wonky with my eye. Prolly OK, but waiting. Time to practice mental focus and writing, anyway.

Take care of yourself, Pingo - and get better, soon!

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 5

Randomness XIV - The Bunny Gets The Pancakes.

Randomness XIV - 'Cause Tetradeca Is In, Baby!

Randomness XIV - The Saturday After The Friday Before.

Randomness XIV - Welcoming Our Insect Overlords.

Randomness XIV - Sparking Vampire Miniatures.

Randomness XIV - Hit The Decks A Runnin', And Spin The Guns Around.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Flit said:

Any bird experts around? This morning I had a disconcerting experience. It started pretty normally with little watch doggie looking out the window next to the front door and barking. I peeked out to reasure doggie that the grass in the front yard was not about to launch a murderous attack on us when I noticed that across the street there seemed to be a turkey. On second glance it wasn't big enough to be a turkey and was solid black. Mostly it looked like a ginormous crow. On third glance I  realized it was quite interested in something against the curb across the street. On fourth glance that thing seemed to be a deceased cat and the bird was pulling it around. On fifth glance the deceased turned out to be a raccoon. At this point I was done with my observation and closed the curtain while wondering if the bird was a vulture, but it had feathers on its head and I'm not sure if vultures live in the area.

Later I left the house to run errands and saw what looked like the same bird flying over the house at this point it looked like a black hawk. We have hawks in the area but they are brown, reddish, and white.

Anyone have any idea what this thing could be? My bird identification skills don't go much further than robin, cardinal, and blue jay.

May be that giant crows have decided to take over the world.

Sounds like a raven. They are eagle-sized and happy to eat dead things.

10 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Take care of yourself, Pingo - and get better, soon!

I’ve seen a nurse and am prolly okay, although rather uncomfortable.

Made the mistake of looking at the news. I want my sane alternate reality back!

• Like 2
  • Sad 5