Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

So, which do you think would be better for sculpting a pendant, green stuff or milliput? I have both, but I've never used the milliput, and have only used green stuff for basing using stamps.

The pendant I sculpt will be used as the master for a silicone mold, and will eventually be cast in pewter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Candied bourbon maple bacon.

20180413_185654.thumb.jpg.61446d51e5988ca46f8e7eaf2014d136.jpg

You sir are evil. I haven't had supper yet and nearly drowned in my own drool.

Does pulling steel slivers out of my finger with my sprue cutter count as hobbying? That's the closest I've come in the last 6 weeks. Think I'm almost ready to get back at it for real. March can go to $#!@%. Oh, it's already the middle of April. 

• Sad 7

9 hours ago, TGP said:
10 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Same goes for inflight messages. Pilots are more likely reacting to commands spoken by a male voice than female. thats why most of the systems use male voice samples.

:huh:

This is not true for USAF jet aircraft.

The Air Force came to the diametrically opposite conclusion. The voice that says really important stuff like, “Bingo Fuel!” or “Pull Up!”  “Pull Up!” is female.

They even narrowed it down to a specific voice range: somewhere around contralto—alto I think. 

I heard that it was most effective with the pilot's wife's or child's voice. Because they will pay attention to those voices.

• Like 4

The glamourous life of a chicken farmer.

I just finished washing a fhuge mat of poo and eggshells off a pooferbum. This was delicate work. Delicate!

*sigh* I'm pretty sure I'm going to get to do it again.

• Like 6

Pathfinder tonight seemed to be fun for everyone and on all fronts a success. ^_^

12 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

pooferbum

latest?cb=20131016121852

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

Okay, I am going to call this a funny, though I must admit that three people almost lost their heads in the discussion.

At 68 (I turn 69 next month) I have decided to grow my beard.  No big deal right, Just stop shaving !

Three friends unloaded on me, about how trashy it is, ugly, arrogant, and just NOT something they would put up with.,

I stood there with my mouth open and an eleven day old growth of hair on my face. 

I was hammered by them.  They really made me feel bad, like I was doing something wrong.

I finally smiled at them and said.. Thank you for your comments, you are NO LONGER welcome in in presence.

From this day forward I want NOTHING to do with you.

I am growing my beard out because I need a change, and the first change is I AM LOOSING ALL OF YOU.

I then walked out and left them standing there alone.  I was Done.

I like it now..  Not grown in, but I'm changing how I look, how I and other's see me.  Its a great feeling for

me.  Its empowerment.  I like being in charge of me.,  I am sure my friends will come back to realizing that

I am still me, just a bit furrier !

Since I survived Cancer, I'm a bit more free than I used to be. I need to express myself, and I need to do

all the things I have never allowed myself to do.  I like the new me.

Jaysonator.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

I like the new you too, Jasonator.

My honey wears a cute little evilbeard and moustache since I said I liked the look many years ago when we were courting.

I have a good friend who went from a sort of Stephen King look to something quite dignified when he grew a beard.

A little girl once told Abraham Lincoln she thought he would look better with whiskers, and the rest is history.

• Like 10

@Jasonator good on you for losing those people! We should never let anyone make us feel bad for how we look. All that matters is that we're comfortable and happy with ourselves. 

On 4/12/2018 at 1:40 PM, Crowley said:

Well, I have moldy skin.

You should probably see a doctor about that :lol:

If anyone here was even sorta considering get Ni No Kuni 2, GET IT!! It is amazing! I've never had as much fun playing a video game! Evan is such a sweet, cute kid, you can't help but love him. And Roland is all like "dang, this kid is like a marshmallow, if I don't protect him he's gonna get roasted!" 

And! You get to build your own kingdom! And have army battles! And the party battle system is so fun and organic! 

Seriously, it's a blast!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

My wife wakes up angry with me whenever she dreams I shaved off my beard.  I'm good with this as I never have to shave my chin again.

• Haha 9

@Jasonator Good. Screw those people. I never understood the hate for beards. In high school back in the mid 2000's it was all I wanted to be able to grow a beard. And that never went away. It took me until I was 26-27 to grow anything worth calling a full beard. Before that, the best I could manage was a goatee. And even with the beard I have now, all I want is for it to be more "beardy" in that I want it to grow in full and thick as opposed to how it does now. If my whole beard grew in the way the hairs on my actual chin do, I'd be pretty happy. But they don't, and there are still patches that are mostly empty. Namely where my cheek beard meets the mouth and chin beard, and the gap right under my nose between the nostrils that keeps my mustache from connecting both sides.

I like my beard. And that's really all that matters. I don't care if other people don't like it, because they're not me and it's not theirs. They have no say in the matter, and they should take their opinion and shove it up their backside where it can sit level with their head.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Randomness XIV: Mauve snakes and lime green lakes

Snakes and Ladders reference...?

• Like 2

Now you've really done it! I'm out of orange smoke!
You don't expect me to do a decent reincarnation without any orange smoke, do you?...

• Haha 8

51 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

My wife wakes up angry with me whenever she dreams I shaved off my beard.  I'm good with this as I never have to shave my chin again.

I've seen pictures of my hubby w/o his beard. He's much smexier with it :lol: 

• Like 6