Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

19 minutes ago, Sophie was taken said:

Randomess XIV: Bees, Bees, the Musical Fruit! The more you eat, the more you OW OW MY MOUTH

Nom Nom Nom would also be a good title.

• Like 4

(“Vitae” is used in White Wolf’s vampire games to mean blood.)

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I am basically Ok. Icky details behind spoiler tags.

Reveal hidden contents

So apparently I have what is called a subconjunctival hemorrhage, only more ... bulgy than is average. :unsure:

I have had wee painless spots before, but this was something larger, more balloony, and uncomfortable.

It is basically harmless and should clear up in a week or so. My eyesight is fine.

The weird thing is it just happened when I accidentally touched the corner of my eye. It didn’t even feel poky, at first.

Anyhow, all is pretty much well.

I bolded the important bit.  Being human involves all sorts of indignities and imperfections with biology, at the end of the day if we're still with our loved ones then that's the key victory.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I bolded the important bit.  Being human involves all sorts of indignities and imperfections with biology, at the end of the day if we're still with our loved ones then that's the key victory.  

One thing about being in the ER, it really drives home how true that is.

• Like 6

I got some paint swatches done before my migraine set in. So now I'm stuck doing nothing until it settles down. May be time for a nap.

• Sad 3

My love and I have a couple friends over and we're gonna play Sea of Thieves! Time to go be a pirate. ^_^ 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

My husband kissed me and said “Your eyes, like limpid pools of Vitae.”

Did you respond with "Sokath, his eyes open"? Or maybe "Shaka, when the walls fell"?

• Haha 8

Randomness XIV: Dead men tell no tales, good thing we aren't dead!

...That's my only idea >.>;;;

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Took a migraine pill and laid down briefly. Head feels much better now. Maybe I'll be productive the rest of the day (maybe not). We still plan on getting haircuts at some point today since Husband has to go to his grandmother's funeral tomorrow. I won't be going with him as I'll be watching his parent's dogs for the day. 

On a different note, I found a ton of hobby podcasts accidentally. I'll have to reel myself in a bit so I don't download ALL THE THINGS.

ETA: I have started making a list of paints I want from the MSP Core paints. It's getting quite long and I need to prioritize them. A trip to the game store will be made this month and I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to buy 40 paints at once. 

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Randomness XIV - Where the Survivors Were Buried.

Randomness XIV - Can I Reroll That?

Randomness XIV - The After-Credits Scene.

Randomness XIV - The Stan Lee Cameo.

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Randomness XIV - THIS Is His Parachute. THAT Was A Knapsack Full Of Bowling Balls.

Randomness XIV - Is It Supposed To Be This Color?

Randomness XIV - It Goes Better With Bacon.

Randomness XIV - Because Purgatory Was Full.

Ever tried to have a serious conversation with your girlfriend, while a crow is sitting on your head? :lol:

The Auld Grump

It wasn't just that it was sitting on your head, it was that he was preening your hair!

As far as the crow was concerned, you were part of his flock! You scritched him, and he scritched you! :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Quite possibly a raven, the crow's bigger cousin.

Bigger than crows, and a lot stronger.

Scarily enough, they are also smarter than crows, and crows are pretty danged smart.

The Auld Grump

I just consulted google and siri  and came to the same conclusion. I didn't realize there were ravens in the area. But it does explain the black hawks I have been seeing recently.

• Like 6

I need to stop thinking of more things to do when I still have other things I've previously thought up that are left undone.

I also need to stop eyeballing all sorts of new things to buy until I have the money to buy them. Otherwise, I'm going to be very tempted to jump my credit card balance up by about $500 just so I can buy that awesome Makita drill set and a whole bunch of airbrush paints. At least the drill will help me complete a bunch of my previously thought up but as yet undone projects, though. It's just really hard to find an extra $300 to throw down on a drill and driver set, even if they are some great tools...

Edit: and I just said screw it. I put $300 on my credit card and ordered myself a drill and impact driver set, as well as a 70pc bit set. They'll be here on Sunday. Their first use will be drilling a few holes in my bathroom wet wall so that I can see where the studs are, since stud finders don't work on plaster walls with metal lathe. Then I'll be cutting a section of that wall out so that I can hopefully see where a leak is at, so that I can then go spend more money to fix it...

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 7

So, which do you think would be better for sculpting a pendant, green stuff or milliput? I have both, but I've never used the milliput, and have only used green stuff for basing using stamps.

The pendant I sculpt will be used as the master for a silicone mold, and will eventually be cast in pewter.

• Like 2