Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

On the subject of beards, the only beard I feel I'm entitled to have input on is my hubby's.  Mainly because I'm kissing that face.  When he finally tried growing one (11 years ago, while I was pregnant) it was quite red and confused people who hadn't known him back when he had red hair.  :lol: 

In the end he wasn't overly attached to the beard but the baby was having fun grabbing it, so he shaved it off.  And now he's got his pirate name all ready for Halloween: Redbeard.  

Beards are better than stubble for the smooches - no chafing! I'm generally in the camp of "whatever floats your boat" for hair stuff (as long as it is washed). Sir Cyr will probably get tired of regular shaving, even though he wants to show off his face while he's young, and go back to beardliness. I'm kinda curious how long he maintains the current look. 

• Like 8

One of our gamer’s friends came down with Scarlet Fever.

How is this even still a thing?

• Confused 4
  • Sad 9

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

No grains, no veggies, and no dairy?  Oh, and no red meat either?  I'd be royally hooped, since I pretty much live on pasta (that has ground beef, and veggie sauce, usually with extra veggies), and no creamer in coffee would be riot squad material because I can't drink coffee without it (I like the creamyness it adds, as well as how it subdued bitterness while bringing out other flavours) and I get caffeine headaches within a day and a half. 

You have the a will that beats titanium! 

I drink my coffee and tea without cream or sugar.

I shouldn't complain really, I only have to do this a few days.

Monday evening should be back to normal.

I feel for people who need to follow a diet for longer periods.

Thing is, all I'm allowed now are basically empty calories and stuff I usually avoid while I can't have the good food or treats.

No chocolate either..

Oh well, soon...

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

My mom has come to be a diabetic cancer survivor with one kidney who also several years ago contracted a disease/condition that made her allergic to all mammalian meat. I really don't know how she stays alive amidst all the dietary restrictions. Literal death upon eating red meat--I literally would die.

Aaaww That is bad!

I think I would join you in death then..

30 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Heavy weather? Storm and rain?

Time for a typical North German barbecue!

20180414_172003.thumb.jpg.1755c9c9cb39a347deb4bb1084284eb5.jpg

20180414_171954.thumb.jpg.39ae49f2371cfb2368111ca1af0bbf54.jpg

That looks delicious, especially now!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If I ever find myself with a boyfriend (which seems unlikely) I imagine I'd be delighted with him growing a beard, if only because having a lovely, masculine, bearded face beside mine would make me seem more feminine by comparison. :lol:

(Plus the one and only guy I ever made out with had a beautiful beard and I REALLY enjoyed feeling it. I might be weird.)

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Pingo said:

One of our gamer’s friends came down with Scarlet Fever.

How is this even still a thing?

It's just Strep gone wonky. There is no vaccine. Tell him to feel better, take his meds, drink all the tea, and eat his ice cream.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I drink my coffee and tea without cream or sugar.

I shouldn't complain really, I only have to do this a few days.

Monday evening should be back to normal.

I feel for people who need to follow a diet for longer periods.

Thing is, all I'm allowed now are basically empty calories and stuff I usually avoid while I can't have the good food or treats.

No chocolate either..

Oh well, soon...

I remember from my colonoscopy last year. It wasn’t a fun regimen.

Anyhow, you can do it. It won’t take long and it’s for a good purpose.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, canuckotter said:

If I ever find myself with a boyfriend (which seems unlikely) I imagine I'd be delighted with him growing a beard, if only because having a lovely, masculine, bearded face beside mine would make me seem more feminine by comparison. :lol:

(Plus the one and only guy I ever made out with had a beautiful beard and I REALLY enjoyed feeling it. I might be weird.)

You mean a guy like this?

image.png.7ededfff4ced7e23862c4dd9eff14c06.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

2 minutes ago, canuckotter said:

Nah. Stroking a nice beard is pleasing. If I was a beard-growing person, I'd probably be doing my research while petting my own beard. I'll just have to settle for twirling my hair and messing with Sir Cyr's, when he has a beard. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Just now, NebulousMissy said:

It's just Strep gone wonky. There is no vaccine. Tell him to feel better, take his meds, drink all the tea, and eat his ice cream.

Her, but thanks. She was on a trip to the UK recently, where apparently there is some sort of outbreak.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Pingo said:

I remember from my colonoscopy last year. It wasn’t a fun regimen.

Anyhow, you can do it. It won’t take long and it’s for a good purpose.

Thx!

I know, it will be all over soon.

Strange how just a few days of eating like this make me crave healthy food and chocolate.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

You mean a guy like this?

image.png.7ededfff4ced7e23862c4dd9eff14c06.png

Maybe... :blush:

2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Nah. Stroking a nice beard is pleasing. If I was a beard-growing person, I'd probably be doing my research while petting my own beard. I'll just have to settle for twirling my hair and messing with Sir Cyr's, when he has a beard. 

I still stroke my chin sometimes when I'm pondering something, despite the fact that it's been over two years now since I had any hair there. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Cyradis said:

As a beard-growing person, I can say that petting my beard helps me to concentrate and thinking.

It makes thinking feel important.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

I try that sometimes but then I always realize what I'm thinking about is really stupid and it isn't really helping. And then I go find a big rock with which to smash up smaller rocks and wait for the other band of monkeys to come back.

Edited by Marvin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Beards are weird in my family. My brother grows his tiny chin patch solely so he looks like an adult. My uncle used to shave just so he wouldn't get mocked at work (the shaving cuts were camouflage for his eerily smooth skin). My grandma has more beard than either of them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Husband sporadically has a beard. By which I mean it depends on his mood state whether or not it's there. Or if he is going somewhere important or something he'll shave it. He recently shaved off his beard he'd had for months and I was slightly startled when he woke me up that morning because he did not tell me he was going to shave. I don't mind either way as long as his mustache is trimmed because that gets in the way of the kisses.

• Like 8