Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

12 hours ago, Unruly said:

So, which do you think would be better for sculpting a pendant, green stuff or milliput? I have both, but I've never used the milliput, and have only used green stuff for basing using stamps.

The pendant I sculpt will be used as the master for a silicone mold, and will eventually be cast in pewter.

Have you tried asking @TaleSpinner ? He can probably answer your question.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know if Quaker ever reduced the sugar content in their instant oatmeal from the original recipes?

When I was a kid and that stuff was new to the market it was candy-sweet, too overwhelming even for my childish sweet tooth. I had to mix a packet of Plain along with one of Apples ‘N’ Cinnamon to cut it to tolerable edibility.

Now I’m trying it again and it seems ... reasonable, just straight. Not bad at all.

I can’t recall any other sweet thing that seems to taste less sweet to my adult sensibilities, so I wonder if they changed the formula.

• Like 4

Going to make fries and frikandellen for dinner.

I will be so happy when Monday is done, then I can eat vegetables, fruits, dairy, wholegrains and real meats again.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6

Oatmeal's one of them things I'm not quite convinced ever tastes good lol. All my cereal as a child was cold tho. We ate like the po' white folk whence we came, and I suffer for it to this day.

Anyway/Related: I want some cheese grits. x_x

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Going to make fries and frikandellen for dinner.

I will be so happy when Monday is done, then I can eat vegetables, fruits, dairy, wholegrains and real meats again.

No grains, no veggies, and no dairy?  Oh, and no red meat either?  I'd be royally hooped, since I pretty much live on pasta (that has ground beef, and veggie sauce, usually with extra veggies), and no creamer in coffee would be riot squad material because I can't drink coffee without it (I like the creamyness it adds, as well as how it subdued bitterness while bringing out other flavours) and I get caffeine headaches within a day and a half. 

You have the a will that beats titanium! 

• Like 3

My mom has come to be a diabetic cancer survivor with one kidney who also several years ago contracted a disease/condition that made her allergic to all mammalian meat. I really don't know how she stays alive amidst all the dietary restrictions. Literal death upon eating red meat--I literally would die.

Edited by Marvin
  • Sad 6

On the subject of beards, the only beard I feel I'm entitled to have input on is my hubby's.  Mainly because I'm kissing that face.  When he finally tried growing one (11 years ago, while I was pregnant) it was quite red and confused people who hadn't known him back when he had red hair.  :lol: 

In the end he wasn't overly attached to the beard but the baby was having fun grabbing it, so he shaved it off.  And now he's got his pirate name all ready for Halloween: Redbeard.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

Oh, we were dirt poor. Most of the time I ate off-brand Cheerios from giant plastic bags. Or whatever the school gave for free breakfast.

But I remember those special, special, rare holiday treats when the church came around with boxes of food. My mom would wither with the shame of it while we kids squealed over our flavored instant oatmeal.

• Like 5

We weren't too poor to eat better by the time I came along; we were just kinda ignorant, I guess I was meaning to say. And busy. So many bad habits learned. Oh, well.

I think at this point I'm just kinda trying to kill myself with what I eat. I know it's bad but don't stop. We'll see how it works out.

I did always think oatmeal was supposed to be better for a body tho. I obviously must've had different stuff.

There's so much white in my beard now. The last five years have been rough, I reckon. x_x

Seriously thinking about going ahead and letting the ZZ Top thing happen.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Jasonator said:

Okay, I am going to call this a funny, though I must admit that three people almost lost their heads in the discussion.

At 68 (I turn 69 next month) I have decided to grow my beard.  No big deal right, Just stop shaving !

Three friends unloaded on me, about how trashy it is, ugly, arrogant, and just NOT something they would put up with.,

I stood there with my mouth open and an eleven day old growth of hair on my face. 

I was hammered by them.  They really made me feel bad, like I was doing something wrong.

I finally smiled at them and said.. Thank you for your comments, you are NO LONGER welcome in in presence.

From this day forward I want NOTHING to do with you.

I am growing my beard out because I need a change, and the first change is I AM LOOSING ALL OF YOU.

I then walked out and left them standing there alone.  I was Done.

I like it now..  Not grown in, but I'm changing how I look, how I and other's see me.  Its a great feeling for

me.  Its empowerment.  I like being in charge of me.,  I am sure my friends will come back to realizing that

I am still me, just a bit furrier !

Since I survived Cancer, I'm a bit more free than I used to be. I need to express myself, and I need to do

all the things I have never allowed myself to do.  I like the new me.

Jaysonator.

So you're saying that the beard has turned you into mirror universe evil Jasonator?

Image result for mirror universe spock

I like what you said and did when the people were harassing you. Life's to short to put up with people like that. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

I'm at the in-laws watching dogs for the day while Husband is off to his grandmother's funeral. He's really only going to support his dad as he really didn't like the woman from what I've heard. I didn't know her when she didn't have Alzheimer's so I don't really have an opinion either way. Today is also our 6th wedding anniversary. So probably not going to be a great day but we'll make up for it sometime next week. 

I do have to go to my mom's next week though. She's trying to re-home her animals so she can move. I'm not sure how well that will go. Won't be easy on me in the least. I don't think it'll be easy for her either but it's a necessity at this point. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

On the subject of beards, the only beard I feel I'm entitled to have input on is my hubby's.  Mainly because I'm kissing that face.  When he finally tried growing one (11 years ago, while I was pregnant) it was quite red and confused people who hadn't known him back when he had red hair.  :lol: 

In the end he wasn't overly attached to the beard but the baby was having fun grabbing it, so he shaved it off.  And now he's got his pirate name all ready for Halloween: Redbeard.  

Beards are better than stubble for the smooches - no chafing! I'm generally in the camp of "whatever floats your boat" for hair stuff (as long as it is washed). Sir Cyr will probably get tired of regular shaving, even though he wants to show off his face while he's young, and go back to beardliness. I'm kinda curious how long he maintains the current look. 

• Like 8

One of our gamer’s friends came down with Scarlet Fever.

How is this even still a thing?

• Confused 4
  • Sad 9