Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

2 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Ai. Don't scream. You scared me.

Ai no2: it really hurts just to read about your eye

I’m sorry. I can stop. It’s okay and now that I know it’s going to be okay I’m not so freaked out. No need to freak out the rest of y’all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Flit said:

I just consulted google and siri  and came to the same conclusion. I didn't realize there were ravens in the area. But it does explain the black hawks I have been seeing recently.

Ravens are generally migratory and mate for life.

So if there is One Raven there are usually Two Ravens or more.

Our area has lots of Ravens. Big, Fat, Glossy Black, and Smart.

They are no longer migratory but have settled down to enjoy the bounty provided by the humans who have settled in the area.

A couple of generations ago one of the Einstein Class Ravens figured out how to open the lids on trash cans that weren't closed tightly and get to the goodies inside.  The local trash service uses the big rolling plastic bins that can be grabbed and dumped by an automated arm on the trucks.  If the lid isn't fully closed the Ravens have figured out how to use a small opening to lever the lid open.

Now, most of their descendants have learned how to get the lids open.  You know the Ravens have had a picnic anytime you see a trash can with an open lid and well picked over trash scattered about.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I’m sorry. I can stop. It’s okay and now that I know it’s going to be okay I’m not so freaked out. No need to freak out the rest of y’all.

Nah. Don't misunderstand me, I am just worrying a bit about you. I have a strong imagination and that makes it easy for me to feel the pain.

• Like 5

I'm glad the eye thing is nothing serious Pingo! I'm sure it's still pretty thoroughly un-fun but at least it's not quite so scary!

• Like 5

Hmm. I accidentally wiped at my eye a little last night and then realized the dog had been licking that hand earlier, and that was enough to put me on death watch.

It's been suggested I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, though.

• Haha 7

14 hours ago, Jasonator said:

Okay, I am going to call this a funny, though I must admit that three people almost lost their heads in the discussion.

At 68 (I turn 69 next month) I have decided to grow my beard.  No big deal right, Just stop shaving !

Three friends unloaded on me, about how trashy it is, ugly, arrogant, and just NOT something they would put up with.,

I stood there with my mouth open and an eleven day old growth of hair on my face. 

I was hammered by them.  They really made me feel bad, like I was doing something wrong.

I finally smiled at them and said.. Thank you for your comments, you are NO LONGER welcome in in presence.

From this day forward I want NOTHING to do with you.

I am growing my beard out because I need a change, and the first change is I AM LOOSING ALL OF YOU.

I then walked out and left them standing there alone.  I was Done.

I like it now..  Not grown in, but I'm changing how I look, how I and other's see me.  Its a great feeling for

me.  Its empowerment.  I like being in charge of me.,  I am sure my friends will come back to realizing that

I am still me, just a bit furrier !

Since I survived Cancer, I'm a bit more free than I used to be. I need to express myself, and I need to do

all the things I have never allowed myself to do.  I like the new me.

Jaysonator.

Let me congratulate you on your not letting "peer pressure"  cause you to changing your mind. [they obviously aren't in your class if they are so superficial as to judge a person, particularly somebody they already know, by their facial hair]  

Don't be surprised if you start getting some very long studying looks from the younger set who queue up for a visit with Santa, especially if you are wearing a red shirt.

I'm a few months your junior and have worn a full white beard for many years, shorter in the summer months and longer in the fall and winter months.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

That's a bizarrely extreme reaction. There's a certain sort of folks, generally of an older generation, for whom beards are a marker of lower social standing. My dad is actually one them lol. It drives him nuts that both his sons wear facial hair, but he deals with it like a relatively normal person, I reckon.

When I came home with earrings though....

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

23 hours ago, Pingo said:

My husband kissed me and said “Your eyes, like limpid pools of Vitae.”

I thought that your daughter was the one with the slogan 'Red Eyes Take Warning'. :blink:

The Auld Grump

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 4/13/2018 at 10:01 AM, kristof65 said:

I just heard about him yesterday, but apparently he's the guy that ran this Kickstarter:

He also ran 5 other kickstarter's which didn't fulfill.  Three were for films/TV pilots based on popular gaming stuff, and three were for simple things like cards and pencils. 

I found it interesting because Kickstarter is being pulled in as a co-defendant - primarily because they let him run so many Kickstarters and then failed to assist when they were asked to help the lawsuit against him by either providing the names/contact info of the other backers or at least facilitating contact. 

All for rather picayune amounts. I think the KotDT series was easily the largest - and it was less than 100K, not what I would consider worthwhile to risk jail time over.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5

On 4/13/2018 at 5:58 PM, Sophie was taken said:

Randomess XIV: Bees, Bees, the Musical Fruit! The more you eat, the more you OW OW MY MOUTH

Which is pretty darned Random. ::P:

The Auld Grump - there is just enough rain that we can't cook our spare ribs on the grill for the game....

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, Pingo said:

Oh, we were dirt poor. Most of the time I ate off-brand Cheerios from giant plastic bags. Or whatever the school gave for free breakfast.

But I remember those special, special, rare holiday treats when the church came around with boxes of food. My mom would wither with the shame of it while we kids squealed over our flavored instant oatmeal.

Yoouu were lucky! [Cue Four Yorkshiremen]

For some reason I absolutely love that sketch. :lol:

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

*** Googles Scarlet Fever ***

• Like 2