Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

5 hours ago, Pingo said:

One of our gamer’s friends came down with Scarlet Fever.

How is this even still a thing?

There is even a band. Or two. This is the all girl one:

45601.jpg

Clearly, they are also operatives of M.E.O.W. 

:wub:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Just heard from Husband. They probably won't be back for another few hours. I want a nap but I think I'm too caffeinated at this point. I might just want it to kill time. I'm incredibly bored. All the animals are sleeping and want nothing to do with me currently. I was going to play a new game I bought on Steam the other day but I left my mouse at home and I'm pretty sure it's not very track pad friendly. So I'm still not sure what to do with myself. I should have brought painting stuff.

• Sad 8

5 hours ago, canuckotter said:

My ex-wife caught the mumps a few years back. (There was a previously-unnoticed gap in her immunisations due to family moving around and a few other factors, hence the lack of immunity.) Every person in the clinic was brought in to check it out, particularly all the trainee doctors, because they would probably never see it again but the experienced docs wanted everyone to know what it actually was so they could recognise it, just in case.

Oh, if only those doctors had known how people would go stupid these days. Diseases that should have been nearly dead are coming back strong because of a single unscrupulous (former)doctor and his proven to be falsified "studies."

But I'm going to stop now, or else we risk going to the hive.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

There's actually a lot more to it than that one doctor lol.

Follow the money, peeps.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Oh, if only those doctors had known how people would go stupid these days. Diseases that should have been nearly dead are coming back strong because of a single unscrupulous (former)doctor and his proven to be falsified "studies."

Vox.

The Auld Grump - speaking of people being stupid - the party has a 'plan' for dealing with a Rune Lord in Pathfinder....

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 4/13/2018 at 10:54 AM, Glitterwolf said:

This is one of those rare occassions where Monday can't come soon enough.

BURN

IN

HADES

HERETIC!

On 4/13/2018 at 1:08 PM, TGP said:

:huh:

This is not true for USAF jet aircraft.

The Air Force came to the diametrically opposite conclusion. The voice that says really important stuff like, “Bingo Fuel!” or “Pull Up!”  “Pull Up!” is female.

They even narrowed it down to a specific voice range: somewhere around contralto—alto I think. 

Thats because when the studies were likely done, all pilots were guys....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

That isn't stupid!

It's a BRILLIANT plan!

Which we talked ourselves out of minutes later, because it was DUMB! :wacko:

Any plan that RELIES on something that probably has spell resistance failing its save IN THE FIRST ROUND is getting bonus points for teh stoopid. ::P:

• Like 2

On 4/13/2018 at 8:13 PM, Unruly said:

So, which do you think would be better for sculpting a pendant, green stuff or milliput? I have both, but I've never used the milliput, and have only used green stuff for basing using stamps.

The pendant I sculpt will be used as the master for a silicone mold, and will eventually be cast in pewter.

The answer is that is depends on the pendant.  If you want to sand/carve it, then milliput (I personally hate Milliput, so I'd actually use a blend of Apoxie Sculpt and GS).  For most of my detail work, I prefer the GS.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

All for rather picayune amounts. I think the KotDT series was easily the largest - and it was less than 100K, not what I would consider worthwhile to risk jail time over.

The Auld Grump

Scammers usually don't usually think in those terms, unfortunately.

Also, he showed up as an extra on The Walking Dead, and has been trying to spin it as an entirely new character called the Pickaxe Savior and attempting to make money off of it. I don't think AMC is going to like someone messing with their IP.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The answer is that is depends on the pendant.  If you want to sand/carve it, then milliput (I personally hate Milliput, so I'd actually use a blend of Apoxie Sculpt and GS).  For most of my detail work, I prefer the GS.

Do they both have the same type of surface? As in, I know GS can get a very smooth surface once it's cured, but I don't know how milliput is.

But I think I'll be making it in milliput, now that you've mentioned sanding and carving. I'm betting that I could just make a disc of milliput and carve out the details of the pendant with a dremel and engraving bits.

Got into it with a whole frat house tonight. One of them was parked completely across the sidewalk, and when I went to write it a ticket about 30 guys surrounded me. They kept touching me, and arguing over the ticket, and then the (drunk)owner of the jeep hopped in it and gunned it forward into the driveway, almost running over a couple of his friends in the process. Then, while I was writing meter tickets right there, they started throwing beer cans and bottles at me and my coworker. My coworker got hit with a beer can, I got hit with a gatorade bottle.

They're lucky my coworker didn't have his OC spray, or else as soon as he got hit, he would have been justified in dumping the whole can into the crowd of 100+. As it was, we called the cops and had the party shut down. Sadly, it was the university police that showed up instead of the city police. They didn't do anything other than make everyone go inside and make the frat president start picking up the trash off the sidewalk and out of the street. City police would have been checking IDs and handing out underage consumption tickets left and right...

Edited by Unruly
  • Sad 12

<sigh> I went and looked at some of the 54mm Reaper models online, most of the ones I liked are harder to find.  Wish I'd really noticed when they were discontinued.  :down: 

• Like 4

Preparation day,

I'm allowed to eat some whitebread with ham or honey for breakfast and lunch.

Then a few hours nothing, really nothing...

Then the 4 liter Drinks of Doom, 2 liter prep drink, 2 liter plain applejuice/water/white grape juice.

So later this afternoon it will be something like this:

Spoiler

Atom-Bomb.thumb.jpg.782d4cca74b4fd90e0d08ce530f3a893.jpg

9 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hmm. I accidentally wiped at my eye a little last night and then realized the dog had been licking that hand earlier, and that was enough to put me on death watch.

It's been suggested I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, though.

Your dog licked your eye?

You know what's going to happen don't you?

Spoiler

image.png.527c62e6239ae616056c65b2eba1c67f.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Unruly said:

Another factor is that the Sanitation and Immunization Procedures in First World Countries have suppressed what used to be endemic diseases for so long that most people don't even have second hand experience with these things.

Because they have no relateable experience the social vigilance that was part of the public consciousness a generation or more ago is fading, allowing opportunities for these maladies to re-emerge from their third world hiding places.

GEM

• Like 5