Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love BBQ!

Rest assured when this is over I will go into a feeding frenzy that would make a Great White Shark jealous!

Okay. I am waiting for the big boom when your stomach explodes.

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Unruly said:

We have beaten one that I know about. And as far as I'm aware, it's the only one we've beaten. And that's smallpox, which hasn't seen a case in the entire world in almost 50 years. Polio is very close to being defeated, but is still occurring in small numbers. Aside from that, I don't think anything has even come close to being eliminated, unless it was a regional elimination(like measles in a few places prior to stupidity taking over).

Where is that from and where can I get one?

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I am also curious about where to get one of these.  It almost looks Games Workshop based on how the guns look.

AHA, I FOUND IT!!! @Unruly: it's from the Grey Knights, and it's the "Nemesis Dread Knight".  Surprisingly, for Games Workshop, it's only three sprues worth of bits for one mini...  (If you search their store by using the "Unit Type Or Keyword:Vehicle" flags, it's the first one, at least on the Canadian site anyways)

Yep, Warhammer 40k Grey Knights Nemesis Dreadknight. I like the options that it has, I'm going to use it for the escalation league despite all advice stating that more troops are better than one big one at the 250 point level. Can't use the Incinerator for this one, but We'll see in an hour how it goes.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Well, the good news is that if you go to RCon (or have a someone there go for you) you can go to the factory and get them cast; as long as the molds are available.  I did just that last year for Monique, Maria and the US Soldier.

Can't get to RCon this year since I'll be jet lagged and landing in Seattle on Aug 25th.  I have suggested to Wise Kraken that he could go, though, so we'll see.  Next year I'm keen to be there though!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Channel Awesome, noooooo.... :down:

Until looking it up just now, I had never heard of either Channel Awesome nor the controversy.

Watching their 'rebuttal'... where they try to hand wave the accusations - and the documentation thereof - makes me think that they will soon be in cabinet level positions.... Victim blaming is in, baby!

I have not seen the show itself, and cannot judge it upon its own merits - but the way they have handled this mess... not encouraging.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Until looking it up just now, I had never heard of either Channel Awesome nor the controversy.

Watching their 'rebuttal'... where they try to hand wave the accusations - and the documentation thereof - makes me think that they will soon be in cabinet level positions.... Victim blaming is in, baby!

I have not seen the show itself, and cannot judge it upon its own merits - but the way they have handled this mess... not encouraging.

The Auld Grump

The channel is a group effort with many shows. The most watched series was The Nostalgia Critic, and for me at least until Lindsay Ellis left the channel a few years ago, The Nostalgia Chick. I followed her away from the channel and love her new videos - and now I understand why she left. ::(: ::(: ::(: :down:

Explanatory video here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FvedKSaHCBQ

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Funny how those types keep turning up in every corner of the entertainment industry. I have so many thoughts on that, but here's a captioned screenshot of Dale Gribble from King of the Hill instead.

8179091C-A279-4393-8A43-D7316BBA7858.jpeg.1d03bb85d6a70df2e1d9834560250152.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Pingo said:

The number of people I’ve run across who think we have somehow beaten disease is scary.

My grandpa was one of the small team of cousins who invented the Emerson iron lung for polio victims. 

My kids have all their immunizations, even the “optional” ones.

We are at or have passed the point where a majority of the population won't know what you are referring to if you say "iron lung" and don't make the connection to Polio for them.

I am old enough to have seen these devices in operation.  Not just film but the actual device.

In addition, my mother was a Polio Survivor.  The disease left her with a severe scoliosis, limited breathing capacity and she died from the end stage complications of the disease at age 68.  She came from a very long lived family, with her mother living into her late 80s and siblings living well into their 80s.

Your kids will appreciate having been properly immunized later in life, even if they don't actually understand the need today.

GEM

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Pingo said:

The channel is a group effort with many shows. The most watched series was The Nostalgia Critic, and for me at least until Lindsay Ellis left the channel a few years ago, The Nostalgia Chick. I followed her away from the channel and love her new videos - and now I understand why she left. ::(: ::(: ::(: :down:

Explanatory video here:

Aaannnd that makes them look even worse. Litigation levels of worse.

As a wise man once said: What the HELL were they thinking?

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Yep, Warhammer 40k Grey Knights Nemesis Dreadknight. I like the options that it has, I'm going to use it for the escalation league despite all advice stating that more troops are better than one big one at the 250 point level. Can't use the Incinerator for this one, but We'll see in an hour how it goes.

......Uh oh.  No.  No. NOOO.  NO BRAIN.  BAD BRAIN!

...A Space Marine like chapter... That I like just as much as the Space Wolves when their plastic kits first became available...

I already have two 40k armies that still need paint, and some assembly.  I don't need even more...  But man oh man, are their IN YOUR FACE WITH SWORDS attitudes appealing to me.  Yes, I like close ranged combat, is it obvious? ^_^   ...I also have a Skaven army that will take me quite some time to work out, even more so since I plan on pretty much doubling the size of it....

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Halfway through preparation.

1 liter of Moviprep and 1 ltr of applejuice to go..:zombie:

I also need to stay completely sober, can't eat anything till after the procedure tomorrow.

My girl is grilling meat for her and the vixens.

The smell....soooo delicioussss....can't have any...

Tomorrow...

May your procedure go smoothly and the aftereffects be minimal.

Will be thinking about you and looking forward to your checking in after.

GEM

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

May your procedure go smoothly and the aftereffects be minimal.

Will be thinking about you and looking forward to your checking in after.

GEM

Thx!

I appreciate it!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

Explanatory video here:

Linkara (Atop the Fourth Wall) on leaving Channel Awesome.

It sounds very much like a lot of people knew about what was going on, but everybody waiting for someone else to act, as circumstances grew worse and worse.

The Auld Grump - weird as it sounds, I watched some of CA's shows without ever knowing about CA itself - all I knew was Blip, and then Blip went away.

*EDIT* Turns out that I did see some of the Guy With Glasses - I remember turning off the video because it became very apparent that he was trying to give bad legal advise in regards to fair use and parody.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

22 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Which is pretty darned Random. ::P:

The Auld Grump - there is just enough rain that we can't cook our spare ribs on the grill for the game....

The rain turned to freezing rain, which turned to snow....

Just a typical April day.... ::P:

The Auld Grump - we cooked the ribs in the oven.

*EDIT* I have no idea how a cookie crumb got under the V key.... <_<

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2