Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

4 hours ago, Pingo said:

The channel is a group effort with many shows. The most watched series was The Nostalgia Critic, and for me at least until Lindsay Ellis left the channel a few years ago, The Nostalgia Chick. I followed her away from the channel and love her new videos - and now I understand why she left. ::(: ::(: ::(: :down:

Explanatory video here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FvedKSaHCBQ

Wow, that has Beekeepers written all over it. :blink:

Ten years? Waiting for things to change?

That sounds more like an abusive relationship than a business.

• Like 4

@Unruly - you have my sympathies. I always used to be the handy person around the house, but I never really knew what I was doing with most stuff, which is why so many problems remain unsolved.

• Sad 3

On 4/14/2018 at 2:41 PM, FaekiasDracon said:

My cat enjoys grooming my beard. 

I'm not the only one!  Moony stretches full-length on my chest when I'm napping and licks my beard against the lie of the hair.  It's intensely disconcerting.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

I'm not the only one!  Moony stretches full-length on my chest when I'm napping and licks my beard against the lie of the hair.  It's intensely disconcerting.

One of ours does that to my husband, too.  And the top of his head. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

28 minutes ago, Inarah said:

One of ours does that to my husband, too.  And the top of his head. 

Yep, I'll wake up in the middle of a nap with Kali laying on my chest and grooming me from my Adam's apple to my lips. And to answer the earlier question; I do groom her, but I use her comb to do it with. I've yet to meet a domestic shorthair that didn't love to be combed (Angora and Maine

Coon cats I've never met one that likes to be brushed/combed).

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

If anyone ever asks me how I get my hair to look the way it does, I have a video of my cat aggressively grooming my head. Like, if I moved my head he would dig his claws into my scalp and try to force me to turn back to where he wanted me. Because he takes his job as a stylist seriously, and he's not going to let you mess it up by squirming.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Yeah, I've pretty much wasted the entire weekend...

Accomplished nothing other than binging Seasons 1 & 2 of Castle and making a pot of spaghetti that I'm pretty sure I put far too much green pepper in. And technically, I even failed at binging Season 2 - I went through all five discs and watched the three episodes on each one. Without realizing that there were actually five episodes on each disc, and you had to select "next" to get to the second screen with the last two episodes on each one. So I had to go back and put in each disc again to watch the ones I'd missed. :rolleyes:

Then I found a nice-lookiing plastic toy moose at the dump that I thought would be the right scale for minis, but it somehow doubled in size between finding it and getting it home, since the bottom of it's stomach is level with the top of Sir Forscale's head.

And I have no hot water since I'm out of oil (again).

Yay, me.

What kind of an elfed-up world have I got going on when I'm hoping that Monday is going to work out better for me? Oy. :wacko:

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.3b4ba666753f3747273894b2a72dbe52.png

I'm more of a Jacob guy anyways.  The things I could say, but instead I'll just say I wish my chest had abs like that! 

Also, werewolves are better than vampires, especially sparkle vampires. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 4/14/2018 at 2:44 PM, LittleBluberry said:
On 4/14/2018 at 1:30 PM, Pingo said:

One of our gamer’s friends came down with Scarlet Fever.

How is this even still a thing?

One of our gaming friends had it as a child back in the 70s.  Every doctor in the building had to come look at it because visual diagnosis requires having seen it in person, and that doesn't happen much these days.  It's a very unique rash, apparently.  

It's still a thing because Scarlet Fever is caused by a Group A Streptococcal infection - it starts off with the same symptoms as strep throat, which means that it probably quite often gets detected (and/or misdiagnosed) and nuked before it fully presents itself.

I had it as a younger teenager back in the early '80's, before we came up with all these cyborg super-antibiotics, so I spent about two weeks living on dry crackers and sugar water.

I lost nearly 20 lbs in those two weeks. Probably wouldn't recommend it as a weight loss solution, though.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Well, after drilling a few exploratory holes to make sure I wasn't going to cut into anything important, then cutting about a square foot out of a plaster wall, I realized that I didn't need to have cut that hole, because the problem was already accessible thanks to the actual access panel in that wall. Which then resulted in me taking the tub faucet apart and reapplying pipe dope in hopes of fixing it. But that led me to discover that the faucet is actually starting to corrode, because there's a small, rough hole in the bottom of it that shouldn't be there, and a couple other places where the finish is starting to bulge as if they're going to form holes soonish as well. That discovery led to my discovering that a vital gasket for leak prevention was missing from the overflow drain. Which then led to me driving half an hour away to go to the hardware store to buy a replacement, drive half an hour back, install the gasket, and test it.

It worked! And the disassembly of my tub faucet, the hole I cut in my plaster wall, and basically every step I took other than the $3 gasket was a waste of time, money, and effort. To top it all off, everything, and I do mean everything, in my bathroom is now coated in a layer of plaster dust. My filtration mask that I bought like 2 years ago for airbrushing came in very handy when I was taking the masonry disc to the plaster...

But now the leak is fixed. And I've wasted half of my day off on something that, if I'd known it was as simple as it was, could have been fixed with a 10 minute detour on my way home from work Saturday morning and then 10 minutes of actual work. Instead, it took me something like 3 hours. All because I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

Upside is that I have some new tools that I can use for all sorts of stuff.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Yeah, I've pretty much wasted the entire weekend...

Accomplished nothing other than binging Seasons 1 & 2 of Castle and making a pot of spaghetti that I'm pretty sure I put far too much green pepper in. And technically, I even failed at binging Season 2 - I went through all five discs and watched the three episodes on each one. Without realizing that there were actually five episodes on each disc, and you had to select "next" to get to the second screen with the last two episodes on each one. So I had to go back and put in each disc again to watch the ones I'd missed. :rolleyes:

Then I found a nice-lookiing plastic toy moose at the dump that I thought would be the right scale for minis, but it somehow doubled in size between finding it and getting it home, since the bottom of it's stomach is level with the top of Sir Forscale's head.

And I have no hot water since I'm out of oil (again).

Yay, me.

What kind of an elfed-up world have I got going on when I'm hoping that Monday is going to work out better for me? Oy. :wacko:

I have an explanation!

The Moose swelled up with pride and joy at the thought of the new life you were bringing it too.

Couple of options:

Use the one figure to represent a herd of Moose.

It's a giant of the species and hence even more dangerous than the regular size of Moose.

Use the figure for "show and tell" with a companion token to mark its actual place on the playing map.  Explain to the players that the token represents the place and orientation and the actual figure represents what the creature looks like, shown >fill in the blank< times larger than scale for clarity.

GEM

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I have an explanation!

The Moose swelled up with pride and joy at the thought of the new life you were bringing it too.

Couple of options:

It's a giant of the species and hence even more dangerous than the regular size of Moose.

Use the figure for "show and tell" with a companion token to mark its actual place on the playing map.  Explain to the players that the token represents the place and orientation and the actual figure represents what the creature looks like, shown >fill in the blank< times larger than scale for clarity.

GEM

It's a Dire Moose. Twice as poisonous, twice the size, and with thrice the fire breath.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I have a vague feeling of dread and I don't know why.

I hate these.

I'm very familiar with the sensation. I hope it passes quickly!

3 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I have an explanation!

Couple of options:

GEM

Clearly it's supposed to be a statue dedicated to the honour of the Moose God!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3