Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

I have a doctor's appointment in about an hour and a half... I'm worried I may have waited too long to go start clearing the ice off the car.

I'm only joking a little bit.

Ottawa's pretty gross today. :down:  And the power's been flickering this morning, which is adding to the fun. Luckily my computer's on a UPS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

5 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Lettuce gets E coli from local cow turds in the irrigation water, from improperly treated fertilizer, or from people in the packing plant not washing their hands.

Lettuce picks up E coli really easily because lettuce is capable of just uptaking the E coli from turd-ed water. Sucks it right in.

Basically, turds.

[/stuff you never wanted to know]

Other ways poop gets on crops include deer and other wildlife that snack on the crops in the fields and also use the fields as a bathroom. And the worst one (that could totally be prevented) many large farms that employ people to hand pick crops do not have, or have enough, restroom facilities for the workers and/ or do not provide necessary time for breaks.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

Hi All!

Colonscopy went surprisingly well.

Painless and smooth.

I am now shaking the sedation off.

They found a very tiny polyp and removed it.

Results will be in the 24th but that's procedure, this can't be anything dangerous yet.

I will have to get back in 5 years.

Thank you all for your support.

I know there are worse things in this world, but medical exams freak me out.

When I returned to the recovery room  I got a boiled egg, two wholewheat ( thank the Lord!) sandwiches with apple syrup and tea.

My girl drove us home.

At home I had a Sausauge roll, followed by a plate of strawberries, then some dark chocolate and salty nuts.

Tonight I will have fresh Spinach with a boiled egg, Chicken breast and a potatoe gratin with cheese.

Later this evening I have planned a small Tapas Plate with Garlic Olives, Meatballs, Ham, Salami, Nuts, Cheeses etc..

I have Tuesday and Wednesday off, I'm planning to make Indonesian dinner, some Rendang Beef, Djawa Smoor, Nasi Goreng, Prawn Crackers, Satey and maybe some other stuff.

Maybe Sambal Beans or small egg rolls.

Have to think about it.

I still have a dentist thing coming up to finish the root canal treatment by placing a good filling.

And some minor car trouble that needs to be fixed ( airco).

I'm looking forward to the second week of May, my girl and me will have a long weekend together then in Monschau Germany.

Aaaaahhhhhh a historical village, my girl and German Schnitzels!!! Paradise!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, Inarah said:

One of ours does that to my husband, too.  And the top of his head. 

Ears. Thomathy licks the inside of our EARS. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

I just finished clearing the ice off (most of) my car. On the east side, there was a solid half inch of ice. Not joking. It was thicker in some places.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

you mean fairies, right?

Nah, fairies are cool, even the ones that screw around with you. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I have a vague feeling of dread and I don't know why.

I hate these.

I am The Viper.

I'm on the first floor.

I am the Viper.

I'm on the second floor.

I am the Viper.

I'm on the third floor.

I am the Viper.

I'm outside your door.

I am the Viper.

I'm here to vash and vipe the vindows.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

11 minutes ago, canuckotter said:

I just finished clearing the ice off (most of) my car. On the east side, there was a solid half inch of ice. Not joking. It was thicker in some places.

Sympathies, I've heard that Ontario got hit with a nasty storm.  Hopefully everyone can just accept it and stay calm on the roads.  When the weather is that bad all you can do is roll with it.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Sympathies, I've heard that Ontario got hit with a nasty storm.  Hopefully everyone can just accept it and stay calm on the roads.  When the weather is that bad all you can do is roll with it.  

They're not the only ones. The weather is simply awful this month.

It's bad enough that schools are shutting down. Despite being in Canada, snow days in April are almost unheard off.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Yeah, I can't resist the urge.  I'm so going to write up a eulogy for that old phone of mine since it's the first piece of hardware (ever) to die running BOINC for me....  Or even distributed computing for that matter, and I've been running Folding@Home on and off for 16 years now... 

The geek in me demands the eulogy for the poor downtrodden soul that my old best friend of a phone was.  I might even look into doing up a silly video too, as there's a bit of temptation there for such a thing... 

... Of course the phone that came before it is still alive, but that's because it has a replaceable battery..... ::P:

.... I've killed... Enough with my benching rig though.  Surprisingly low kill count for how many times I've gone subzero, too... Just a single motherboard.  No graphics cards, CPUs, or memory oddly enough. 

• Like 5

Ugh. Irritated with the in-laws today. 

My wife told her parents when we would be visiting Colorado in July AND asked if we could stay with them first and/or last nights of our trip when she was out there a few weeks ago. They seemed agreeable to this.  I mentioned that to my sister in law this weekend when she was helping us arrange hotel accommodations for the remainder of the trip. 

So my brother and sister in law were at their parents house yesterday, and mentioned that.  Today, my wife's dad calls up and is mad at her because a) we assumed we could stay with them and b) they will be out of town that week for their own vacation. 

OK, so maybe they forgot about my wife's conversation with them about staying with them. That's not a big deal - the only reason we talked about that is because they live on the way/in out of our drive to Colorado and it would mean more time to see them.  But the date range of our trip was established at Christmas time, at which time they were excited about our visit.  Which means that they very likely forgot when we were coming out when they booked their own trip. That stuff happens, especially as people get older. 

His getting mad about it and taking it out on his daughter over his own memory lapses means that now my wife is all pissed off herself, and doesn't want to go to Colorado at all. 

• Sad 15

I'm now mostly dry... And caffeinated. Boss is out. I've updated my painting spreadsheet... Think I'll work on that some more. The formulas are kinda sloppy.

• Like 5

Sounds like my wife's entire family lol.

Except my in-laws are all broccolity and vindictive and quite purposeful about it. :unsure:

• Sad 5

So I might be playing Of Gods and Mortals soonish.  I'm thinking Mashaaf as Crom Cruach in gargantuan worm form. He barely fits on a CD, and mine has arms and wings from the Cthulhu kit to keep him from overbalancing.  I have some plastic celts from Warlord Games I could add as fanatics and/or fodder.

• Like 3