Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Sounds like my wife's entire family lol.

Except my in-laws are all broccolity and vindictive and quite purposeful about it. :unsure:

• Sad 5

So I might be playing Of Gods and Mortals soonish.  I'm thinking Mashaaf as Crom Cruach in gargantuan worm form. He barely fits on a CD, and mine has arms and wings from the Cthulhu kit to keep him from overbalancing.  I have some plastic celts from Warlord Games I could add as fanatics and/or fodder.

• Like 3

Every once in a while I am reminded that this Internet of the Future is an excellent resource for looking up obscure old childhood memories and favorites.

So without further ado, here is a favorite song of my childhood (which might explain a lot), “Twisted” by the jazz trio Lambert, Hendricks, and Ross:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Sounds like my wife's entire family lol.

Except my in-laws are all broccolity and vindictive and quite purposeful about it. :unsure:

Sorry to hear that. 
It's a pain in the broccoli.   When I get mad at my mom, dad or sister or they get mad at me, we get over it pretty quick.  With her and her parents, it can stew for years. She and her dad stopped talking shortly after we started dating, and didn't talk again until our son was born five years later.  He even returned our wedding invitation. 
They had started repairing their relationship in the last 7-8 years, bonding over, of all things, stained glass. But then stuff like this happens, and I have to help her be the bigger person when what I really want to do is tell him to stuff it once and for all. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Thanks to the heater under my desk, my boots are now dry!!

Probably going to leave a little early today... Hoping to get in some hobby time. Working on my spreadsheet has got me itching to apply some paint!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Dontfear said:

not dead. 

Usually that's a good start...

According to my tracking sheet, at my current rate, it'll be a quarter century to paint all my unpainted minis that I have tracked. That doesn't count Bones IV... Or a bunch of minis that haven't made it into the sheet yet...

• Like 7

Over summer, sometime before/during my move to Canada.... there is a chance that I may get to do some field work and research in Utah on red beryl. Red beryl is like emerald, except that it is well, red, and forms in a different type of rock with different trace elements. It is among my favorite minerals ever. BWAHAHAHAHA this would be so cool. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

R Lee Ermey - as an active member, I salute you. R.I.P - and if not, round up the guys on cloud nine (and yes - I mean Gunnery Sergeant Hartman)

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Dai-Mongar said:
9 hours ago, TGP said:

So let me get this straight...

There is a genetically modified, bio-enhanced Hooman, wearing an armored high tech battle suit, which is in turn strapped into a... giant mechanized armored two armed, two legged battle vehicle ...which carries stupidly huge, asymmetric, out of balance guns, and a hammer the size of a Volkswagen, while standing on a pair of three toed mechanical chicken feet.

Am I missing anything..?

He's also psychic.

Does it still count as Jumping the Shark if you achieve three rotations of low planetary orbit while doing it?

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Sympathies, I've heard that Ontario got hit with a nasty storm.  Hopefully everyone can just accept it and stay calm on the roads.  When the weather is that bad all you can do is roll with it.  

Yeah, people seem pretty chill. I guess enough people around still remember the Great Ice Storm of 98, so people are mostly just being cautious, staying off the roads if they can, etc.

19 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Over summer, sometime before/during my move to Canada.... there is a chance that I may get to do some field work and research in Utah on red beryl. Red beryl is like emerald, except that it is well, red, and forms in a different type of rock with different trace elements. It is among my favorite minerals ever. BWAHAHAHAHA this would be so cool. 

That would be so cool. ::o: 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, canuckotter said:

Yeah, people seem pretty chill. I guess enough people around still remember the Great Ice Storm of 98, so people are mostly just being cautious, staying off the roads if they can, etc.

Oh gawds, I remember those.  Footage was brutal looking, half the pips on the base were flown out there (along with some of the air force guys too), and in general it was a big case of "not pretty" until it was cleaned up and things restored to normal. 

Edit: for those who don't know military slang (especially Canadian military slang) "pips" refers to Princess Patricia's Light Infantry.  It's a "playful" comment from other branches of the military.  Just don't call them pipsqueaks to their faces, they dun like that, especially from air force brats... 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, canuckotter said:

00154800014947983744359.jpg

ITS SO SHINY. And yay more beryllium stuff! My current research mineral is a weird beryllium thing too. 

• Like 7