Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

1 minute ago, OneBoot said:

Oh darn...I passed 10k posts and didn't notice until just now. I'd wanted my 10,000th post to be something witty and/or amusing, but instead I think it was just me saying I was in google hangouts. :lol:

*belated explosion of glitter and confetti and other sparkly things* :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

:bday: ten thousand!!! :bday: 

Huh, I googled "10000" and this conveniently came up:

Image result for 10000

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Well, first attempt at making a medallion blank out of milliput was a failure. First thing I'm going to need to do is figure out how to roll the stuff flat without it sticking to what I'm rolling it with. Then I'm going to need to buy a short section of 2" pipe that I can use as a makeshift cookie cutter. Then I need to figure out how to keep it from sticking to the pipe so that I can get a clean circle.

Also, milliput is very different from GS. Much harder to smooth, it seems. Also, very grainy and crumbly.

• Like 6

Got a call from Hospital, tissue that was removed a few weeks ago was harmless.

One down one to go!

In other news, reconnected the water today for the outside taps.

It is now officially spring weather.

Aaaannnddd the one in the garden has a leak in the drainage pipe.

It is embedded in a little wall, so I took my chance and took a look.

I seem to be lucky, the leak is in a place I can reach and I have now applied Milliput.

Yes my dear, Milliput, the yellow / grey stuff sets under water, I have read about people who have plugged a hole in a boat with it while under water.

So, now hoping I found the right spot, let it cure and hopefully the drain will stop leaking now.

While it cures, I'm sitting in the garden doing some work on my Crypt/Graveyard piece.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-grave-by-glitterwolf/

My girl is working for a few hours when she gets home I'll have a nice pie with beef stew in it from the oven for her for lunch.

Then we will drive a short while and go for a little hike, about 7 KM, there should be a lot of blossoming flowers to see there.

I also have tomorrow off, her parents wil visit us in the afternoon.

So, hobby in the morning and tea/coffee with something yummie in the afternoon.

Brutus is now enjoying the sun.

All in all a good day with a minor inconvenience.

Tonight I will stir fry some veggies and feta in tomato sauce and herbs, a pork tenderloin to go with it and some mashed potatoes and fried potatoes to go with that.

The youngest who will absolutely die if she eats these veggies, will get Stoofpeertjes. ( Stewed Pears the red kind with sugar, cinnamon etc in the mix)

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 15

3 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Oh darn...I passed 10k posts and didn't notice until just now. I'd wanted my 10,000th post to be something witty and/or amusing, but instead I think it was just me saying I was in google hangouts. :lol:

Huzzah!

Congrats!! Always fun to hit a new milestone!!

I...uhh... Seem to have passed that one too.

Screenshot_20180417-062651.thumb.png.ff4478c5ee4814f742480a1662b4fbbb.png

Also I have some concerns about my reputation...

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 17

7 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Mostly.  The youngest is 8, next is 10, then there's a 15 year old.  So the "meow" thing can be cute, up to a point.  The teenage drama comes and goes.  I've got a dozen more years of teenaged girl stuff ahead of me.  

Ahh, yes, I know this well.  Three teenaged girls in the house at the moment.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Unruly said:

Well, first attempt at making a medallion blank out of milliput was a failure. First thing I'm going to need to do is figure out how to roll the stuff flat without it sticking to what I'm rolling it with. Then I'm going to need to buy a short section of 2" pipe that I can use as a makeshift cookie cutter. Then I need to figure out how to keep it from sticking to the pipe so that I can get a clean circle.

Also, milliput is very different from GS. Much harder to smooth, it seems. Also, very grainy and crumbly.

I'm guessing the usual things would probably help with the stickyness - Vaseline, beeswax, etc... But that's pre-morning coffee guessing based upon stamp and roller use with other things. 

51 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Tired, wanna go back to bed...

I know the feeling.  I also don't want to work today, I'd much rather spend the time hobbying... 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah!

So now you can get sorted into a megahouse, right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, FaekiasDracon said:

Baby's take up so much of your time though, don't they?

Funny enough because my job gives me such awesome support, my normally insane work schedule is SO much better.  My life is slightly more normal with the baby than it was before. 

• Like 11

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah!

Hooray! :bday:

There needs to be a Reaper 10K club for those who stuck around that long. Either because they are an active contributing individual, or just can't STFU. The Rampancy thread sort of muddles the water.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, Pingo said:

Okay, why was the first hit on my Google search for “Chordata” the Wikipedia page in Tagalog?

(I think this is Tagalog.)

https://war.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chordata

Winaray, aka Waray-waray: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waray_language  I was curious. ::): 

As for all the jokes about teenage girls: I'm going through puberty right now. So is my girlfriend. Second puberty is a lot easier to manage than the first but... yeah, those of you with teenage girls in the house have my sympathy. :lol: 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Unruly said:

Water.

Milliput is soluble in water, so keeping your fingertips damp while working it will keep it from sticking too badly. It WILL still stick to everything , though - it behaves much less like an epoxy putty than it does regular modeling clay, and should be used as such. If you need to smooth it out, add more water to the specific area and give it a couple minutes to soften up - adding enough water turns it into a slurry that you can smooth out easily.

Also, it's often easier to just use it to rough out your basic shape and then sand/file it down to get your details than to try sculpting the details on.

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The youngest who will absolutely die if she eats these veggies,

Ooh, can you film that for us? That sounds like it'd be entertaining to watch...

Is she going to explode, burst into flames, or just shrivel up and fall into dust?

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Ahh, yes, I know this well.  Three teenaged girls in the house at the moment.

My brother in law survived by hiding in his workshop.  (Two of his daughters were identical twins.)  I suspect that strategy works better for Dads than Moms, though.  Oh well, they are at least sweet kids.  

1 hour ago, canuckotter said:

As for all the jokes about teenage girls: I'm going through puberty right now. So is my girlfriend. Second puberty is a lot easier to manage than the first but... yeah, those of you with teenage girls in the house have my sympathy. :lol: 

Reverse puberty isn't shaping up to be much fun either.  Being female is a tough gig.  Good luck.  

• Like 10