Sign in to follow this  
Clearman

Faction Winner and Loser

10 hours ago, haldir said:

RW did do a big rally on the final day. I'm just glad I didn't kill anther faction off. C'thon last year & RW this year......:ph34r:

Right there with you! When Riverwidows fell to last place, I thought I'd killed them off since I was also C'thon last year.

A smidge of our triumphant comeback was that I had forgotten about the stickers in my swag bag until the last day, so I gave them to Dilvish to put up.

So basically I made us win. You're welcome. ::P:

(Ok, so never mind the fact that I didn't know at the time that Dilvish had switched factions and just said "Here, go do whatever you want with these.")

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

Right there with you! When Riverwidows fell to last place, I thought I'd killed them off since I was also C'thon last year.

A smidge of our triumphant comeback was that I had forgotten about the stickers in my swag bag until the last day, so I gave them to Dilvish to put up.

So basically I made us win. You're welcome. ::P:

(Ok, so never mind the fact that I didn't know at the time that Dilvish had switched factions and just said "Here, go do whatever you want with these.")

I helped!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Bryan had actually forgotten to give me my stickers.  And also my ribbon.  When I went to correct this, we joked that he was trying to keep River Widows down and so I vowed that RW would win.  But I didn't actually do anything to help Widows win. 

I like to think I made it happen solely by the power of positive thinking.  It's probably not troo, but until evidence to the contrary materializes then nobody can stop my delusions so I'm gonna enjoy em while I can. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I was River Widows.  I didn't choose it, I deduced it from the figure in my bag.

Since I was faction-less this year I figured even thou the RW are all female they needed some entertainment while on those river journeys, why not a giant flying squirrel?? ::o::blink:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, knarthex said:

rumor had it it might be vampires or were wolves...

In the Dreadmere setting booklet written by Joe Wolf, that was in everyone's swag bag, that nobody read, there are half a dozen factions mentioned.  My guess is we get one of those. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I read it! Actually even while I was at the 'con. 

(I was playing in one of his games and figured it might be a good idea to know what I was getting involved in)

14 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

I'm hoping wolves. If vampires pop up, that would split Maggotcrown.

Me, too. Wolves are way cooler.::D:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

In the Dreadmere setting booklet written by Joe Wolf, that was in everyone's swag bag, that nobody read, there are half a dozen factions mentioned.  My guess is we get one of those. 

... there was? I did not get one? Mr. Thorne did not get one either...

There was faction information in the con schedule, we did read that.. but no specific booklet.

I read some of it, and MrBoot was actually really excited about it (since he loves new campaign settings). ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

I vaguely remember last year's descriptions of factions and newer candidates.

Knowing that Buglips showed up this year at RCon, I can't shake the image of a goblin faction oozing out of the swamp, gorging themselves on giant leeches.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Knowing that Buglips showed up this year at RCon, I can't shake the image of a goblin faction oozing out of the swamp, gorging themselves on giant leeches.

Oh you'd know I'd jump on that faction!!! I could see a humanoid type faction as a option thou. A sorta of mixed, mash up of characters.

9 minutes ago, chaosscorpion said:

::(:  I don't think I Dreadmere setting booklet written by Joe Wolf, in my SWAG Bag when I got it in the mail.  ::(:

I think I recall Joseph saying the booklet was parts of a bigger set for release. When I have no clue thou.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

... there was? I did not get one? Mr. Thorne did not get one either...

There was faction information in the con schedule, we did read that.. but no specific booklet.

Okay, so I'm not the only one confused.  I got the con schedule booklet, but don't remember seeing a Dreadmere one.  

28 minutes ago, Humansquish said:

Bring back Karkarions!

I was thinking Razig myself!!!