So... Reaperbrian got my account fixed!   2 years of fiddling with it and he fixed it in like 2 minutes.

I haven't done the water color for this one yet.   The sculpt is finished though.   The picture is a bit pixilated which is making the face look granny when it isn't, in the final picture. 

fox.jpg

Edited by Rainbow Sculptor
  • Like 20

8 hours ago, JGroeling said:

That's an adorable figure. How do I get one? 

We sculptors cannot discuss who we will be selling our models to on these forums (short of Reaper itself) as it is it's own sort of commerce issue.  We also need to refrain from doing market research.  If you want to know this sort of information, please contact the sculptor directly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JGroeling said:

That's an adorable figure. How do I get one? 

Sorry, we aren't allowed to market here. You'll have to look for me elsewhere ;)

-Christine Van Patten

• Like 2

On 11/7/2017 at 11:29 AM, Rainbow Sculptor said:

Sorry, we aren't allowed to market here. You'll have to look for me elsewhere ;)

-Christine Van Patten

Christine, you can put a link to your FB page or web site in your signature (you can add this in your account profile). You can look at my signature for an example of a link to my rather out of date website (I really need to get on there and add this past year's sculpts).

• Like 1

That one is absolutely adorable...  

Definitely on the must buy list whenever it arrives in a store or on Kickstarter.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KingMob
      Long time lurker, second time poster, first time upload.

Here is the Frost Giant Queen from the Reaper Bones 3 Kickstarter for your consideration. I was unable to participate in the Bones 3 Kickstarter as I came upon these Bones figures late in the game. However, the participants who were able placed their unwanted miniatures up on eBay, so I took advantage of opportunity when presented. I focused on Color Theory and Texture on this piece as she provided a very large palette to paint upon. These Giants provided me practice in sketching too, which makes the entire line appealing to me.

Side note: Gratitude to those who did place these minis up on eBay without jacking up the prices. I was able to purchase the both Frost Giant Royalty around cost of what Reaper will sell them at Retail. This certainly displays an ethos in the Reaper community that makes this community stand out among others. Further, having lurked for awhile: the community here is quite kind and helpful. This is a good community of miniature painters.

I like the Bones miniature range. The detail on this miniature was very close to what I expect from the metal range, and I will purchase more of the Bones range in the future. I am looking forward to the resculpt of Vanya, the Fire Giant Princess, and her new size to match the Fire Giants in D&D. The attire of this miniature is akin to the Viking attire of old, and I found my SCA ventures to assist me in painting this Viking Apron and embellishments. The sculptor did an outstanding job and I look forward to more of their work.

The FAQs were an asset that made my first foray into Bones an easier one. I had difficulty with flash lines until I picked up some diamond files, which handled them quite well without marring detail like my serrated files. The bent pieces were fixed with some boiling water and cold water quite easily. The pieces fit together like a glove, though I admit I still pinned them. (My OCD was tingling.) I did use Krylon as Primer, and the tackiness disappeared after the first coat of paint. She was sealed only with Krylon Dull Cote and exhibits no tackiness. She has been handled and there is no rubbing off of paint.

I like how her base was round, though I am ignorant of what would be an appropriate Reaper base to place this inside of. (I currently have the King on a GW Dreadnought base, and I do not like it. If anyone reads this and has a recommendation, I surely would appreciate it.)

This Bones line of miniatures has proven to me to be a Good Idea and one I will support. I am already purchasing more of the Bones 2 line for my D&D and Oldhammer alternatives, and I admit excitement at the new of Bones 4. Based on the quality of these miniatures: you will have an additional participant. Please keep up the outstanding quality and amazing work.

I hope you enjoy my efforts. C&C is always appreciated: it is the only way an Artist can improve.

May your blends be smooth.
      Peace and blessings.

• By Pingo
      Two copies, primed with Titanium White and a wash of Burnt Umber:

This is a Kitsune figure Reaper offers only as part of a set.  I got mine from two copies of 03495: DHL Classics: Lady Lycanthropes (which also includes a werewolf and a weretiger).  She also comes in the set 02900: Beastmen of the Wyld (which also includes a boar-man and an elk-man (American elk or wapiti, not European elk or moose)).

I will confess, I had seen her around in the store and thought her sculpt only okay and kind of flat looking.

But then a couple of gorgeously painted examples changed my mind:

So I got two copies of 03495: DHL Classics: Lady Lycanthropes, since I knew I was going to need lycanthropes for a game soon and there aren't too many females out there.

Just to get a sense of place I sloshed a little drab green, mixed from Burnt Sienna, Yellow Oxide, and a dab of Phthalocyanine Green, onto their bases.

I decided to paint one up as a silver fox and one as a classic red fox.  Using my standard method of slopping some beginning colors on, I mixed up a neutral grey from Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna plus some white and daubed it on one of the figures (plus some pure white on the tail tip).

I took some of the straight Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna mix -- which is a transparent dark near-black with violet overtones -- and laid it on the silver fox in the standard places.  If you Google silver foxes they are beautiful, almost like Siamese cats, with silver heads and backs and black legs, tail, ears, and face.

I did similar things with the reddish kitsune.  I mixed a dull rusty red from Burnt Sienna, Yellow Oxide, a dab of Titanium White, and a minuscule amount of Phthalo Green to grey it down just a hair, then I daubed it on the parts of a fox that would be red.  I washed her darker bits with that same Ultramarine Blue-Burnt Sienna near-black, and a light brushing of pure white on her tail tip.

Then I took some pure Carbon Black and laid in their eyes, noses, and lips.  It's really hard to see on the silver fox, but there is a difference between it and the "black" on her face.

So they are a real mess right now, but there should be some interesting developments as we go along.
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)