dks

77396 Olivia, quick paint-job in purple monochrome

That looks amazingly good for a monochrome.

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing her with us. I hope to get in on your class one of these days!

Thank you so much for sharing the finished figure here!!! That's very helpful, since I'll be able to use it as a reference (rather than just relying of my memory of the figure in class). She turned out lovely, and I like how you used little dabs of paint to create texture on the hems of her sleeves and bottom of her robe.

I really appreciated your class, since it showed me where I need to focus my efforts so I can improve my shading/highlighting. Thank you again! ^_^ 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

your class was very informative at reapercon. It has inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and attempt a Monochrome figure very soon.  I wish I had a little more time during each class because I have such a relaxed pace while painting and I get a little hard on myself for not keeping the same pace as others. I also wanted to say that you are a very well spoken dude! Thank you for sharing the finished piece!

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone! 

Glad to help you, @OneBoot and @Bonnie Bailey

Paint-along classes can be tough because people paint at different paces ... but yes, please share the results of your own monochrome paint-jobs.

(And I also hope that you get into one of my classes next year, @Guindyloo !)

Derek

• Like 2