Since I now have all the colours I need for this challenge, and Stormwing was suitable prepped, I didn't really have any excuse any more. 

Dice_roll.jpg.916e7940101e1e1e588fab9035d47b3a.jpg

My dice rolls, as mentioned earlier was:

Heather Blue,

Violet Red,

Blush Pink.

And since I have no idea of how to make those colours work together, I've decided that I might just as well go whole hog and do a 3Star challenge. 

So no shades or highlight colours. Just Pure White and Pure Black to help out with. 

IMG_0212.thumb.jpg.a266b14cacfee228ab1e2ccee362f23b.jpg

I'm also adding Grey Liner, as a Primer only.  

IMG_0213.thumb.jpg.d256c2c5595a179c24cde26bf5fdc042.jpg

Stormwing and base has been Lined. Not all that even, but then again, it shouldn't be visible later since it's there as a Primer only. 

The mess in my pallette was me trying to find a way to blend the colours. 

Nope, didn't really find anything, so no blending. 

It may look as if there's some blue on Stormwing, but that's just the camera being fooled by the lighting. 

(Vilet Red is to the left of 'six o clock' and Blue is to the right. Blush Pink is in the center.)

• Like 7

Got a little bit more done...

IMG_0214.thumb.jpg.7a932f1a509569ac2281c0ef500b44b8.jpg

From a bit of distance the Heather Blue actually looks pretty even. Not my worst airbrushing job...  

That was done a couple of days ago.

IMG_0216.thumb.jpg.9914dd61e1ea3aa82aa7c529d6f48d37.jpg

Yeah I drybrushed the undersides of the wings. Mostly because there's a pattern in the skin that I hoped to bring out properly. 

With a bit more experience I might have actually gotten it to look the way I really wanted to, also.

I'm leaving the upper side as is. 

I've given the mouth a bit of a Pink job. 

Note to self; If I ever do this mini again, I won't glue on the top of the head until AFTER I paint the mouth!

I have also attempted eyes, but no, I won't show that because... yeah, botched it. 

Also, pink does NOT work for pupils...  

I'm also experimenting with the spines. We'll see how that ends up... later... 

I'll also do 'something' on the chest and belly scales involving the Violet Red, and generally wash and highlight a bit.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By midshipmaneasy

Yeah I am doing it again. Kinda mad I know. This time I chose Stormwing to do as I have done Ebonwrath, my wife is planning to do Deathsleet and my daughter is planning Kryphrixis. So the rolls....

Marine Teal.

True blue.

Imperial purple.

Kinda boring really. Oh well. Here we go.

\

Assembled. Needs se filling around the wing roots. Will need to think about the base. Really boring.

• By Cyradis
      Congratulations, you have found the thread for posting your completed Random Rainbow Dragon!! The original quest can be seen here: 

Please provide a link to your Show Off Thread (which should include the model # you chose in its tags), a link to the Work in Progress thread, a brief statement of what colors you rolled, a statement of what dragon you painted (for search purposes), and photos of your lovely dragon. 

The Mods may make grumpy faces and remove chatter-posts from this thread. For chatter, please go to the original quest thread. 

You receive +5000 experience, +3 to skill Crafting (Mini Painting), and over 9000 Internet Points (redeemable whenever, wherever, for bragging rights on the internet) for completing this quest. 

Thank you for your participation. May our flock of dragons fly together forever in the pixels of this thread! 
    • By Sirithiliel
      For our new event/quest here: 

I have chosen Stormwing and will be doing the 3 star challenge (Only my 3 rolled colors + Black / White for Shading/Highlighting)

And my rolls:

16: Cloudy Grey (main color)
      10: Imperial Purple (secondary Color)
      2: Clotted Red (misc color)

• By Guindyloo
      So here's the thread for the rules: 
      I picked Stormwing. And here were my rolls:

I will also be attempting the 3 Star Challenge version, so I will have my colour palette limited to my 3 rolled paints, plus black and white. 

I did a quick once over of the mold lines and then glued most of him together and threw some green stuff into the gaps. 

You're also allowed to prime with Brown Liner, so I'll be doing that next. 
      There's no time limit and I can use any size brush I like, which will be a refreshing change for me. 
    • By Gadgetman!
      So, My sister has a 'Best Friend Forever', and that friendship has lasted... long enough that one of them has become a grandmother...

And my sister had her Birthday recently, and I figured to give her something slightly special...

The first...

Ice Blue and Moss Green dress.

The second:

Moss Green and Ice Blue dress... 

Side by side...

And seen from the back:

The bases was made as a single base using a Happy Seppuku stamp, cut to size, then split down the middles with a knife.
      The base material was some cheap air-drying stuff I found at 'Sisters Greene'. PAintjob is Concrete and Rock Grays, and a dark gray wash in the cracks, then a matte varnish all over, with some gloss varninsh added to the cracks afterwards. 

I probably should have made it possible to remove a mini with it's 'half base' from the plastic base so that it could be placed next to the other, but the base material is just so brittle that I didn't think it would survive very long.

The plastic 'stepped' bases comes with plastic domes, to protect the minis from dust.

Sorry about the poor lighting. And the focus could have been better, too, but I was in a bit of a hurry to get them finished, photographed and given away.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)