For the most recent works in progress, a gigantic distraction from my poor Death Guard project.  In the last week, multiple delayed Kickstarters (and one on-time Nickstarter) arrived...as well as the ReaperCon Swag Bag!

Arrivals included:

• Stonehaven Miniatures Giants
  • Stonehaven Adventurers 2017
  • Midlam Miniatures "Winter Adventurers"
  • Reapercon Swag Bag
  • Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago Nickstarter

While I am trying to complete the Death Guard, I did ready these groups for prime time:

59fe22b3784af_acqa.thumb.jpg.5f0767370cab2b85bd1713d3ffeaff8d.jpg59fe22b9e49cc_acqb.thumb.jpg.50500b2b0279c25793ebd6080938c4b5.jpg

The Giants are nicely sized.  While there are some issues with the scaling between Giant "tribes" in comparison to 5E entries, they do tower over adventurers.  The Wolf Lord, who I expected to be an Ogre-sized werewolf, is massive!

59fe22bad8d59_acqc.jpg.f18dd82f5bb79b49dbf0bc2149c7e5e6.jpg

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gargs
      So this is my Super Secret Christmas Project for Mrs. Gargs (don't worry, this isn't all she's getting).

Holiday Mouslings wonderfully sculpted by Gene Van Horne.

I'm going to be giving this a go as a stocking stuffer for Mrs. Gargs. Now, I have no hope in heck of matching the beautiful paint job seen here, in fact, I'll be thrilled with a high table top quality on this as I'm just still new at this and don't get near enough time to paint as much as I'd like to in order to improve. That said, I do think I can at least get a halfway decent job done on this (by my standards anyway). However, it won't be without its challenges. In fact, I've identified three major hurdles already:

1. The Super Secret. You see, my painting desk happens to be the dining room table and sits roughly 15 feet away from where Mrs. Gargs is usually sitting while I paint, and we very much have an open floor plan. So, keeping it a secret will be the first hurdle. I will at least have a decent amount of time on Saturday while she is at work in which to get a good start, but I am very much a slow painter, so in addition to trying to do the best I can, I will also likely be trying to get stuff done quickly.

2. Ummm, yeah, there's a snow man. He's white. I haven't ever gotten a handle on white (admittedly still new). No getting around though, gonna have to give white a go. (Yeah, sorry, not gonna do a yellow snow man ;P).

3. Basing. I'd love to do something a little fancier than the stock photo, but that's probably the best I can hope for. I may have to go searching for the main piece of base though as I don't think these guys are all going to fit on a 50 mm base, which is the largest I have at the moment. I'd gladly sculpt something (and will consider any and all suggestions) but the next thing I sculpt will pretty much be the first. That said though, for using snow on a base (I have some snow flock from Army Painter) do you normally put down a layer of green stuff for the ground, or just throw it on the plastic/wooden base directly?

At any rate, I strongly encourage/appreciate/request/etc. any and all feedback along the way. Criticisms, critiques, suggestions, etc. Its all good. One of the things I hope to accomplish out of this is actually improving! And if I pick up some new skills along the way, even better! So don't hold back, I'm going to be trying a lot of new stuff along the way here, so I really do appreciate any comments and feedback!

As always, thanks in advance!

• By Lidless Eye
      Let's get Nurgly, Nurgly!

Here's the latest reinforcements for the Brotherhood of Rust, devout followers of Grandfather Nurgle.

The (un)Holy Accountant, the Tallyman!

"This my Power Abacus!"

Those dread bodyguards, high in price in both points and dollars, the Deathshroud Terminators!

The rustiest of them all, the Blightlord Terminators:

The grunts of any Death Guard force, the ever-versatile and never dying Plague Marines!

• By Lidless Eye
      Fi fie fo fum!  

Just in time for my "Storm King's Thunder" campaign to be long over, here come the Giants from Stonehaven Miniatures!

The Hill Giant Rustler:

The Sleepyhead:

Smile on, smilodon!

The Giant Barbarian.  I believe the intent was as a Hill Giant, but I have a ton of those.  His warpaint is  based on runes from "Storm King's Thunder"

The Cloud Giant:

The Storm Giant.  He's a great design, but he's rather small compared to the other Giants.  It was a debate on what color of Dragon to use for his armor:

The Fire Giant, who was probably my favorite to paint.  She's a nice, simple design but gets the point across.

The Treant:

The only small miniature that I painted so far, but still from the Stonehaven Giants Kickstarter so it counts: The Entling!

• Who's Online   10 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)