• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Weird-O
      For my upcoming Dragon Age campaign.

I thought they looked like they need to pee, but a buddy elsewhere described them as Bone Strippers, and now I can't unsee that.

• By Metalchaos
      Here's my 2018 Ghoulie Bag translucent smoky grey 77636, Death Shroud. I simply did a blueish highlight and painted the base on this Dark Heaven Bones model sculpted by Julie Guthrie.      
    • By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here's a simple paint job on a translucent version of 77096, Labella DeMornay. This model was sculpted by Julie Guthrie. I painted it with green ink and acrylics.    
    • By Lord of the Dish Pit
      These guys were a nice excuse to paint up some undead that weren't bound to the usual colors. I figure that they're a group of adventurers that got hired to take out Selmarina, (who is the only dedicated evil witch I've painted thus far). They got as far as taking down her Minotaur bodyguard before she "reprimanded, reeducated, and reanimated" them. Now they serve as champions in the Pumpkin Legions...

I was inspired by artwork of the Crimson King from Stephan King's Dark Tower with this guy. Obviously he was the wizard of the party before things went sideways.

Live, dead, when you're one of Selmarina's minions she still expects you to do your job. Employment security I suppose...

I tried very hard to avoid making this one resemble Legolas. So I went with an Autumn inspired scheme, which I'll probably run with when it comes time to paint the few other living elves I've got laying around somewhere. 

Greens and Browns are usually more elven type colors, but I wanted to keep this one as far as possible from both the red browns of Gimli and the usual colors of the Coffee Dwarves. 

I see some flock got stuck to his axe, I should probably fix that...

Even death cannot stop the hunger of the average Halfling. He may prefer flesh to taters now but that doesn't mean the mushrooms are safe...

• By Pingo
      Who says elves have to be sprightly woodland-lovers? (Oh, and hey, @Beagle, I'm painting elves!).

I spotted this recent Reaper release, sculpted by Werner Klocke, and thought he looked interesting.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I usually start with the skin on character minis. A good mix for Caucasian-type flesh in the pale ranges is straight Burnt Sienna and Titanium White, which is how I started him.

I laid in a wash of dark blackish mixed from Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna over his hair and shaded his skin a bit with of Burnt Umber in the skin mix.

Went in and painted his face in some detail.

Later: More!
  • Who's Online   41 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)