buglips*the*goblin

Guindyloo and Buglips paint DHL 03100: Thanis the Bonecaller

Finally found this thread and just finished through it. It's an absolutely phenomenal piece and incredibly helpful to everyone who wants to tackle this. I would ask, nay, implore you to make even more of these.........and tell me when you start it, so I don't have to run to catch up.

Also, I know which one is my favourite.::D:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I want to thank you two for this thread!

Awesome, useful and informative.

I like both paintjobs.

They both look stunning in their own way.

Of course Guindy putting more time and effort in, pays off.

Thank you so much for explaining how you did this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can actually answer why I use muted, organic colours.  It's because a strong influence in my love of miniatures is old school pre-cgi special effects, miniatures, and creatures.  Half of me likes to pretend I'm working in a creature shop and my Terraclips board is the "set".  Since it's not a job you can do like it used to be, it's a nod to my inner 80's kid who wanted to be Harryhausen when he grew up.  

It's an extra layer of enjoyment to the process... even if sometimes to get something done that I don't want to paint I pretend there's an angry producer stalking me who wants that air elemental by Friday or the whole shoot is ruined!  It costs a lot of money to shoot on location in the living room, you know.

Fun is where you find it, kids.

• Like 14
  • Haha 7

First read looks great I will come back and take a good examine, as I can see there are lots of things going on there.  Thanks you two.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, londwch said:

First read looks great I will come back and take a good examine, as I can see there are lots of things going on there.  Thanks you two.

Not to threadjack,

@londwch

Welcome to our Asylum away from Home!

• Like 2

Fantastic thread!

Thank you both for doing this, it is immensely helpful. 

• Like 4

We're going to aim for one of these per month and have a bunch of really neat Reaper figures picked out.  We try to pick ones that are interesting but also have challenging parts to work with, so we can show different approaches to solving problems.   

Glad you liked it and found it helpful, hopefully you'll enjoy the new stuff too!

• Like 11