Beagle

Sweet/candy exchange

Interesting. So does that mean you're interested in an exchange?  Zuurstok is kinda like candy sticks then?

Edited by NomadZeke

image.jpeg.8f84ec9f58c076c1243486f2149ef7c1.jpegimage.jpeg.ef11bf88d840eb9215f2415186881c44.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

@Glitterwolf - That werewolf licorice you sent me was amazing. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2PA7qbNc5RbQCu9p2

(Google photo doesn't inline photos any more for me.)

That's HeksenHyl.

( Heksen means Witches... Mwhaaahuuhhaaarroooo!!!)

There are more variatons

Witches, Trolls...Ghosts

image.jpeg.a4b28138dd5cd6acee23eee0ad8d2b19.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0ea53b82572bf93afdf730fa4f8af905.jpegimage.jpeg.8f84ec9f58c076c1243486f2149ef7c1.jpeg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I'm willing to participate.

Dutch Stroopwafels and Roze Koeken, Speculaas?

Maybe Licorice, Boterbabbelaars, zuurstokken, Hopjes?

Let me know.

When I visited the USA I brought home reeses peanutbuttercups a lot of different M&M's ( we only have the peanut and the chocolate and the crispy here, yellow, brown or blue packages) and some candybars with salted caramel in chocolate etc..

This, I could get on board with. While I do like a lot of British sweets, we have a sister office in Manchester that sends a package each Christmastime, so Beagle's offer was best left to those less lucky. But Dutch sweets I don't often see. The various hexen licorice look intriguing, and I am always down for stroopwaffel and speculoos.

I can send Clark Bars, Mallo Cups, Moon Pies...plus Reese's cups, Symphony bars, M&Ms...given your proximity to Trolli candies, Sour Patch Kids and the like are probably less of a novelty, but I could probably find some saltwater taffy. 

• Like 1

Sounds all good to me.

@Beagle do we have enough people who can join?

Will we establish a route for a box?

Will we just put stuff in there and send it around so everyone can have a pick and put something else in? Like a BOGW?

Or do we put stuff in packed with names on it for whom it is supposed to be, so everyone gets a designated package?

Any thoughts on this?

Also we do need to establish an economical sound route.

Try not to cross the pond too often..

I wasn’t planning on a miniatures exchange style box, I was just going to send two to the States. I think the dynamics are sufficiently different to the way the Miniatures version works that it’s not really doable. 

I'm planning on visiting the confectionaryacologist tomorrow to buy the contents of the boxes. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Beagle said:

I wasn’t planning on a miniatures exchange style box, I was just going to send two to the States. I think the dynamics are sufficiently different to the way the Miniatures version works that it’s not really doable. 

I'm planning on visiting the confectionaryacologist tomorrow to buy the contents of the boxes. 

I could contribute something?

Maybe I could send stuff to you, and you could add it to the box?

If so PM me your adress?

Sounds like there’s an opportunity to trade with Sanael, or see if anyone else fancies a Dutch/US swap?

• Like 2

Mouse would be interested in joining swaps...but she doesn't like milk chocolates due to them being too sweet. She's also worried because she heard European candies can be sweeter...when American candies are already too sweet. 

Anyway, I'd be interested?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

What Beagle said; the logistics of a "sweets box of goodwill" would be more complicated.

It would be best to keep it to an individual thing, especially since I imagine there will be more colonials interested than such a system could support. 

--OneBoot :) 

• Like 1

On 7-11-2017 at 8:22 PM, NomadZeke said:

Interesting. So does that mean you're interested in an exchange?  Zuurstok is kinda like candy sticks then?

They are!

In different flavours, ranging from peppermint, fruits, licorice to cinnamon.

1 hour ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Mouse would be interested in joining swaps...but she doesn't like milk chocolates due to them being too sweet. She's also worried because she heard European candies can be sweeter...when American candies are already too sweet. 

Anyway, I'd be interested?

Funny you say that.

I have visited the USA and found both your beverages and your food way sweeter than I was used to.

6 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

I'd be intersted in a sweets swap with the sparklewolf, but he needs to check his messages ::P:

Cool!

I have been know to send forumites stroopwafels and small treats.

If anybody is curious about Dutch treats, I'm willing to send some over.

Keep in mind that smaller batches which fits in a bubble enveloppe are the best.

Larger boxes will become very expensive to send over the ocean.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Funny you say that.

I have visited the USA and found both your beverages and your food way sweeter than I was used to.

Really? Then I would love to try a Dutch/American swap. :D 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I have been know to send forumites stroopwafels and small treats.

If anybody is curious about Dutch treats, I'm willing to send some over.

Keep in mind that smaller batches which fits in a bubble enveloppe are the best.

Larger boxes will become very expensive to send over the ocean.

I'm not talking a large box, I'm talking envelope or maybe a small box, I would think it only fair to send such of equal value in return though.   STroopwafels definitely have my attention though. But as stated before: if there were any of our sweets you were particularly fond of: I can most likely get them.

• Like 2